PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Portraits

Aescleal
May 23rd, 2007, 05:36
How do I share portraits with players?
Does the FG2 server automatically share new portraits with any player that connects?
And is this the same with tokens as well?
If not, is this just a manual process of emailing players a copy of your custom stuff and telling them to copy it to the respective directories?
Thanks for the help,
Aescleal

VenomousFiligree
May 23rd, 2007, 06:38
If not, is this just a manual process of emailing players a copy of your custom stuff and telling them to copy it to the respective directories?
Thanks for the help,
Aescleal
I think this is the case as:

Players need to have their portraits on their computers. The place is the "portraits" folder is in the application data directory. The portrait selection is refreshed each time you open and close the sheet, so you can make changes while FG is running.

I hope that helps!

:)
MB

Griogre
May 23rd, 2007, 07:47
How do I share portraits with players?
Does the FG2 server automatically share new portraits with any player that connects?
Like MurghBpurn said character portraits come from the client computers. This is actually the only piece of art that does. This is why when a player changes his portrait it can take a while for the other players to see as first the pic is sent to the server and then the server sends it out to the other clients.

And is this the same with tokens as well?
Tokens are all on the server in either shared or host. I don't believe clients can access their tokens when connected to the host.

The only things you should have to e-mail a player are portraits and some client modules.

Aescleal
May 25th, 2007, 03:27
Ah yes, I see it now! Thanks MurghBpurn and Griogre!

It would be very helpful if there were a means to share out portraits to clients, or better yet, allow for clients to download the portraits from the server as they saw fit.

Thanks to both of you for the explainations!

Cheers,
Aescleal