PDA

View Full Version : Steam DLC not appearing in folders?

KingOfGimmicks
November 25th, 2020, 21:31
Hello, apologies if a similar question has been asked before but I couldn't find any threads for my specific issue. Simply put, I bought and installed the Tasha's Cauldron of Everything DLC for D&D 5e, have linked my steam account and refreshed purchases, updated on the client, etc. But no file for this module is appearing in my modules folders? Would it have gone to a different folder? I tried searching my whole PC for "Tasha" and nothing came up. Are these DLC files stored online or something similar? Any help is appreciated.

Zacchaeus
November 25th, 2020, 21:34
Welcome to FG.

Content such as Tashas' is stored in your vault folder inside the FGdata folder in an encrypted format. You won't therefore see them in your modules folder. You can access them in the usual way inside a campaign by clicking on Library > Modules and then loading the module. Or are you saying that the module doesn't appear in your module activations screen from Library > Modules?

LordEntrails
November 25th, 2020, 21:35
Welcome!

Purchased content (almost always) gets downloaded to the vault folder. If you are curious, it's encrypted to protect it from IP theft and can not be used outside of FG.

KingOfGimmicks
November 25th, 2020, 21:44
Thank you for the explanation, I thought it was necessary to move the file to modules to use it. It appears to be working fine (I should have checked before posting but I was too caught up trying to find the file to think of that).

Oswyn_XP
February 11th, 2022, 07:00
Welcome!

Purchased content (almost always) gets downloaded to the vault folder. If you are curious, it's encrypted to protect it from IP theft and can not be used outside of FG.

This is also true for campaign modules. I downloaded Lost Mines. I don't see it anywhere in the folders, but it works when I activated it. I am just curious.

Moon Wizard
February 11th, 2022, 07:51
That's correct. Both Forge and Store content can be placed in the vault; and is the default unless the publisher specifically requests content not be in the vault.

Regards,
JPG

zachpaul1213
December 15th, 2022, 04:47
I am having the same issue, I have both Rime of the Frostmadien and Wild beyond the Witchlight, bought and downloaded the DLCs through steam, but they are not showing up in my vault files, or in modules when I open up unity, steam is telling me I have to buy Unity, but I already have the ultimate license bundle. I have linked my account to Fantasy Grounds, done forced updates, uninstalled and reinstalled on steam. But it is still not showing up, in any place. What the hell is going on?

Laerun
December 15th, 2022, 07:17
It is possible that your data is being blocked by your firewall or an anti-virus. Also, make sure you are using the correct accounts, I have witnessed people go through all of this hassle only to find out that they were signed into an old or different account on Steam, and or on Fantasy grounds. Sometimes write permissions or such can also block data. Best of luck!

Trenloe
December 15th, 2022, 08:08
I am having the same issue, I have both Rime of the Frostmadien and Wild beyond the Witchlight, bought and downloaded the DLCs through steam, but they are not showing up in my vault files, or in modules when I open up unity, steam is telling me I have to buy Unity, but I already have the ultimate license bundle. I have linked my account to Fantasy Grounds, done forced updates, uninstalled and reinstalled on steam. But it is still not showing up, in any place. What the hell is going on?
Welcome to the FG forums.

Do you see files called WOTC5EROTF.dat and WOTC5ETWBTW.dat in your FGU Vault directory?

If Steam isn't showing that you own FGU, but you bought the products you mention on Steam, then is it possible you have another account on Steam? Steam shouldn't let you but DLC for products you don't own.

This is the base FGU Steam product: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1196310/Fantasy_Grounds_Unity/ Did you buy this on Steam or the FG store? If you bought on the FG store then you may need to activate the product on Steam - info on that here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1196310/discussions/0/2945872608892325681/

zachpaul1213
December 15th, 2022, 17:13
I do not have either WOTC5EROTF.dat or WOTC5ETWBTW.dat in my vault directory. I attaching/inserting pics to hopefully help, it shows the vault, the steam library page (which shows my downloads), and the steam store page.

Laerun
December 15th, 2022, 17:52
I honestly think that you should make sure that you have the correct accounts linked and also ensure that you are not being blocked by security and firewall apps or such.Do you own any other content for FG on Steam, or are,these the only ones?
As an FYI, if you but modules and want to eventually bundle price them, you will likely want to stay using the Steam Store for your future content, if any.

Zacchaeus
December 15th, 2022, 18:11
I do not have either WOTC5EROTF.dat or WOTC5ETWBTW.dat in my vault directory. I attaching/inserting pics to hopefully help, it shows the vault, the steam library page (which shows my downloads), and the steam store page.

Check that you are seeing your license purchase and any other purchases by going to the FGU store page and click the store drop down on the top right and go to order history. You should see you FGU key there and also all of your purchased content either from the store or from Steam. If you aren't seeing your purchases there then your steam link isn't functioning properly. Come out of FGU completely and then try un-syncing your steam account and then re-syncing it from the store page. Following that try updating FGU again to see if your content now downloads.

If this doesn't resolve your issue and you are sure that you only have one Smiteworks account and one steam account then you'll need to raise a ticket with support here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/overview?homepageId=996704381 so that they can have a look at what might be going on.

zachpaul1213
December 15th, 2022, 19:05
Thanks I do not know why but when I desynced and resynced it all showed up.

Nylanfs
December 15th, 2022, 20:31
Because computers...

Laerun
December 16th, 2022, 03:55
It happens. I have had this happen before with others. Glad it worked itself out. Cheers and happy gaming.

Akule
December 23rd, 2022, 19:54
I have a similar question, but in the reverse case. Will Fantasy Ground Store purchases show as owned in Steam with the sync? I had purchased some items in the store, but they don't show as already owned in Steam.

LordEntrails
December 23rd, 2022, 20:10
I have a similar question, but in the reverse case. Will Fantasy Ground Store purchases show as owned in Steam with the sync? I had purchased some items in the store, but they don't show as already owned in Steam.
No real reason for them too. But, there is a post in the Steam Community on how to get Steam to recognize your FG license(s), but pretty sure not your DLC.

Zacchaeus
December 23rd, 2022, 20:43

You don't actually own anything on Steam; it's just a link to the .exe file. All your DLC comes from Smiteworks and doesn't show in Steam.

Laerun
December 27th, 2022, 02:21
This used to be a case where it would take a while for the keys and such would show up on Steam in batches monthly. Not sure if it's a thing still or not.

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2022, 09:23
This used to be a case where it would take a while for the keys and such would show up on Steam in batches monthly. Not sure if it's a thing still or not.

This only works for licenses and they don't automatically show up on Steam. Users need to activate their license on Steam if they want an FGU license to be visible on Steam. DLC purchased from the store doesn't show up on Steam.

ddavison
December 27th, 2022, 14:34

Your purchases appear on our customer support system for your account, so our patch system is recognizing your purchases. Make sure that you run an Update within Fantasy Grounds Unity (not a forced update on Steam) and it should download those into your vault folder and make them enabled. To access these, you create a new campaign and then choose Library and then Module Activation. Click Load next to any module you want active for that campaign.

For additional help, you can contact support.fantasygrounds.com and you can send us log files from Fantasy Grounds Unity and our team can assist you further.