PDA

View Full Version : Macro's keep zeroing out.

Alarian
May 22nd, 2007, 21:55
Our group seems to be having quite a bit of problems with our Macros zeroing out. By this I mean that when I click on a macro, no result is returned and the macro name turns into "0". The only way to fix this is to redefine the macro. We have noted that it only happens if you click on the macro with our mouse. If you use the key stokes, it works fine every time. Problem of course lies in the fact that I have been mouse clicking my macros for well over a year and I (and others in the group) keep forgetting to enter them on the keyboard.

Anyone else seeing this?

Alarian

richvalle
May 22nd, 2007, 23:04
Yes, and we reported it a while ago. So far no fix.

rv

Dupre
May 28th, 2007, 13:48
Can anyone provide step-by-step instructions on how to replicate this please?

Alarian
June 3rd, 2007, 16:15
All I can tell you is what I do. I have quite a few macros defined. in the 25-30 range I would say. Most are of the variety of "/die d20 Mining roll (need 16-)". As long as I use the keyboard to run the macro (I.e. Shift-F5) the macros always work fine. This also goes to everyone in my group. But if you use the mouse to run the macro (I.e. hit Shift and then click on macro 5, approximately 50% of the time, the macro designation (i.e. what I called the macro) will turn to a "0" and nothing happens. Any attempts to use the macro after that results in nothing happening. You must redefine the macro to use it again. As long as I don't click on the macro with the mouse, it works fine forever, as soon as I forget and use my mouse, I have a 50/50 chance of corrupting the macro.

Hope this helps.

Alarian

richvalle
June 3rd, 2007, 16:38
Yes, this is what is happening to my group as well. I think some of their hot keys are even just simple drag and drop from the char sheet... a Fort save for example.

As long as they hit the keyboard they are fine but clicking on it SOMETIMES cause it to '0 out'.

rv

Griogre
June 4th, 2007, 03:56
I had this happen to me on a spell description hot key. But it is not consistant and I could not reproduce it. As others have said you have to use the mouse to click on a hot key and the key descrition changes to 0 and nothing happens.

Alarian
June 5th, 2007, 17:43
Minor update.

Don't know if this will help or not, but here is a little bit of additional information from our game last night. I was actually using my macros fine last night with the mouse, up until I redefined a macro. As soon as I redefined the macro, that macro started zeroing out randomly when I would click on it with the mouse. The other macros worked fine all night using the mouse.

Like I said, I don't know if this will help or not but I thought I would add it.

Alarian

P.S. Oh, we were playing with the latest version of the game as of Monday June 4th PM.

richvalle
June 6th, 2007, 16:08
Hmmm, so maybe the marcro has to be one you modified during that session?

I'll ask my players to keep an eye on that tomorrow night.

rv

richvalle
June 8th, 2007, 11:04
Hmmm, so maybe the marcro has to be one you modified during that session?

I'll ask my players to keep an eye on that tomorrow night.

rv

No... we had hotkey's 0 out that were not modified that night.

rv

ldyparadox99
June 11th, 2007, 21:47
Tonight was my third weekly session using FG2.

I was using my macro's all night (simple ones that I had dragged and dropped 3 weeks ago) and during combat when I was using my "you hit" and "you fail" macros they started turning into 0's. (clicking with my mouse)

I had not edited them or changed them in anyway. It started happening about 3 hours into the gaming session when I was heavily relying on the macros.

Hope that helps.

lucyanor
June 14th, 2007, 15:58
Ok, this problem exists only if you update to 2.12 (with a restored copy of 2.11 there is no prob or we cant replicate)

I have initiative bonus +3 macro-ed in position 1 of the ALT row.
I have a +2 modifier in position 12 of the ALT row.
I click on ALT 12, Modifier becomes +2.
I click on ALT 1, Content of ALT 1 changes form 'Initiative' to '0'.
I Drag Initiative from Character Sheet while I keep ALT pressed to recopy to Macro button ALT 1 and box changes to '-3' (!!!!!!!).
Also,

Similar problem.
I have Greatword Damage (this is set by dragging directly from Character Sheet, therefore 2d6+6 for damage are rolled whenever I click the button) in position 3 of the standard bar. I have a +2 bonus at position 12 of standard bar.
If I first click at +2 and then roll damage by clicking on position 3, the result has a -8 (!!!!!!!!) attached to it, happening only the when I combine.individually they act as they should.

regards
Lucyanor
I click

richvalle
June 14th, 2007, 16:03
We had this problem before 2.12.

We first reported it on 4/26.

rv

lucyanor
June 14th, 2007, 16:27
We had this problem before 2.12.

We first reported it on 4/26.

rv

Thats interesting. I cant replicate the problem in any previous version (I have back ups of all previous version being a change management freak) while it is 100% happening in version 2.12.

Weird.

TarynWinterblade
June 15th, 2007, 00:24
Sorry for not posting something on topic, but...

I have Greatword Damage

... is this the type of damage that happens when somebody uses a really big word? <.<... >.>...

*goes and hides again*

Dachannien
June 15th, 2007, 11:12
It's like a cross between Rifts and Scrabble.

"Whaddya mean 'Glitterboy' isn't a real word?!" *FOOM*

ldyparadox99
June 15th, 2007, 21:28
You're not supposed to make me snort my soda up my nose! ;-P

lucyanor
June 25th, 2007, 13:57
Ok, I fixed the bug with my character and now I fight with a normal PHB weapon, and given the Greatword its place in Weapons of Legacy...
No luck with the 0ing of the macro boxes yet though.
Devs, any insight?