PDA

View Full Version : FGU Unplayable after a couple of hours.

Temmpest
November 23rd, 2020, 04:06
The map just bogged down and the players were unable to move their tokens and the DM was also unable to move any tokens. Things were slow from the start of the evening and things just became progressively worse. I was wondering if maybe the servers were bogged down? We ended things early. Was anyone else experiencing issues?

LordEntrails
November 23rd, 2020, 04:14
The GM's computer is the server. FG does not run on server's provided by SmiteWorks. The only thing the Cloud option does is to broker connections between the GM and the players.

The link in my signature will help you go through and identify if the issue is a bug or perhaps something you are or are not doing. It also includes the types of information we will need to help you further trouble shoot (such as ruleset, extensions, log files, etc).

Temmpest
November 23rd, 2020, 04:29
This was our 3rd session using FGU. Nothing changed from last 2 sessions. So, if this week's update didn't cause the problem you're saying it was my PC? Ok, I will restart my PC right before the next session. If this occurs again I will provide you as much information as possible to see if we can locate the issue. Thank you for your quick response.

Temmpest
November 23rd, 2020, 04:33
Actually, we did do something different. We used the /vsync command prompt and set it to 2. It seemed to make matters worse so we set it to 1. That didn't help at all.

Temmpest
November 23rd, 2020, 04:39
I also noticed that I could not adjust the combat tracker. It was fixed at a certain width. I could expand it but was unable to shrink it past the set width.

LordEntrails
November 23rd, 2020, 04:56
I'm not saying its your computer. I'm saying you didn't give us enough information to help you. Letting us know you had updated to 4.0.1 and did not have an issue on 4.0.0 that's info that helps. But other things would help would be to know what ruleset you are using, what extensions or themes? What modules do you have loaded? Are you using a map from a purchased module? Which one? How many players? How many NPC tokens are on the map? How about LOS? Are you using it?

The vsync info is great to let us know. Normally I would think vsync=2 wouldn't make performance worse, but it might. Where you having problems before and that's why you set it? or?

Temmpest
November 23rd, 2020, 05:10
Summary: I am now totally unable to move any tokens on the map. The only changes I made from the last 2 sessions was using the "/vsync" command. I set it to 2, then 1, then 0. None of these things seemed to help. I am also unable to narrow the combat tracker. It seems set to one width. While I can expand it, I am unable to shrink it past the set width.

Ruleset(s): 5e

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: FGC Princes of Apocalypse Campaign migrated from FGC

Extensions/Themes: None. Removed them all.

Modules Loaded: DMG, PHB, MM, PotA,

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10

Steps to Reproduce: I think I messed things up by using the /vsync command and I can't fix it.

Temmpest
November 23rd, 2020, 05:12
Yes, it was somewhat slow but not impossible to play with. I wish I had left it alone. 3 players and 3 player tokens. Using version 4.0.1

Temmpest
November 23rd, 2020, 05:28
It looks like there was an error having to do with the tokens. I have the log. Who do I send it to?

Temmpest
November 23rd, 2020, 06:03
So, it looks like i fixed the problem by deleting the PC characters from the map and combat tracker (which is still has its width locked) and placing them back on the map.

Temmpest
November 23rd, 2020, 06:11
Have you heard about anyone else's combat tracker not being able to be adjusted?

SilentRuin
November 23rd, 2020, 06:14
You can only adjust combat tracker window size with the bottom right chevron in the corner. Just FYI if that was the issue.

Temmpest
November 23rd, 2020, 06:49
You can only adjust combat tracker window size with the bottom right chevron in the corner. Just FYI if that was the issue.

That was one of the issues. I'm now able to move the token around. However, I can't adjust the combat tracker's width to make it narrower. I am using the bottom right chevron. I've never had an issue with it before. I can adjust the height and make the width bigger, but I can't make it more narrow.

Temmpest
November 23rd, 2020, 06:51
If I'm the only person having this issue it must be something I've done on my end.

Jiminimonka
November 23rd, 2020, 08:16
That was one of the issues. I'm now able to move the token around. However, I can't adjust the combat tracker's width to make it narrower. I am using the bottom right chevron. I've never had an issue with it before. I can adjust the height and make the width bigger, but I can't make it more narrow.

The combat tracker for DMs is wider than players because it has more information.

Email your logs to [email protected]

I suggest you provide some screenshot of your combat tracker if its not just the DM CT size that's the problem.

Trenloe
November 23rd, 2020, 08:32
The GM combat tracker in the 5E ruleset is hard coded to have a minimum width of 650 pixels, whereas the player combat tracker (which shows a lot less information than the GM) is hard coded to a minimum width of 400. These settings have been like this for a long time. You can't make it narrower than that without an extension to overrides the 5E ruleset code.

pindercarl
November 23rd, 2020, 15:42
It looks like there was an error having to do with the tokens. I have the log. Who do I send it to?

In the campaign folder, there should be some files named something like db.sessions.20201122.xml, where the numbers represent the data of the session. Do you have a DB file from before you deleted the characters? That would be useful, in conjunction with the log files. You can send them to [email protected]

Thanks.

Temmpest
November 23rd, 2020, 18:55
Done!