PDA

View Full Version : problems fixed?

sazyanti
May 22nd, 2007, 16:26
Hello everyone. I am coming back to Fantasy grounds for a status check more than anything. I was a user about 2 years ago on the older FG 1.

The reason for my post is this. When I used the product before i had constant random issues. Everything from lockups, to complete crashes, to failed loads, to parts and pieces not working. I say random because they were, sometimes i would get one issue, the next time I wouldnt get any issues, the next i would get a new issue. it was extremely frustrating to try and diagnose.

At the time I had the most current OS patches, and patches for FG. As well as the recommended java levels. I had even at one point completely formatted my hard drive, loaded the nothing but the OS with all patches and FG and still had the same issues.

P4 1.8ghz proc
512mb ram
64mb nvidia video card
Win Xp pro

I wanted to ask if others had had these issues an if the newest version of FG seems to address these issues? I have to say i am encouraged to try again with the few posts for assistance on this forum.

Before i invest the time and money again I would like to hear back from the user community both good and bad on this issue.

Thanks for your input.

Sigurd
May 22nd, 2007, 17:03
I find version 2 is more stable and a general improvement but I didn't find version 1 to be that unstable. The biggest problem seems to be around graphics hardware and Dirrectx9.0c - that hasn't changed.

The upgrade is free so you might as well try it.

sigurd

Griogre
May 22nd, 2007, 17:17
sazyanti the odds are you would be pleased with the newer version. Also if you still have the old version the upgrade to FG2 is free.

One of the biggest problems with FG1 was in its file transfers. They seemed to have done pretty good work in that area. Is it perfect now? No. There still tokens that don't transfer for some reason and some map glitches - but on the server side it is noticably more stable.

I had a guy who crashed 10 times last Friday. But he was the first guy who had done that in four FG2 games I have now run. Despite all his crashing that session he never took down the server - and he was ok the previous week.

Dachannien
May 22nd, 2007, 18:09
FG2 has its own bugs, but it's much more stable than FG1.05.

That said, it's a good idea if you're hosting a game to back up your campaign folder before and/or after each session (including sessions where it's just you working on the campaign itself rather than playing).