PDA

View Full Version : How can I have a "Narrator" that can see all things that the Characters See?

Alynn
November 22nd, 2020, 02:52
So we decided as a group to go ahead and move forward with unity. And the players are super happy.

But this is a game I stream. In classic I had a second instance running as a "narrator" that is shown to the audience. However, in my testing I can't figure out a way so that the "narrator" instance should be able to see what all of the players see without having to create a character for that account.

Is this possible? I don't want the audience to only really be able to see black screens instead of maps.

Kelrugem
November 22nd, 2020, 02:56
So we decided as a group to go ahead and move forward with unity. And the players are super happy.

But this is a game I stream. In classic I had a second instance running as a "narrator" that is shown to the audience. However, in my testing I can't figure out a way so that the "narrator" instance should be able to see what all of the players see without having to create a character for that account.

Is this possible? I don't want the audience to only really be able to see black screens instead of maps.

Hm, you probably need to turn on Party vision and Movement in the settings, then every player should be able to see through all tokens :) (so, at the first time select any token to calculate the LoS; when you then deselect the token, you should see the total sum of visions of all tokens :D)

Alynn
November 22nd, 2020, 03:09
Perfect that worked I figured there was a way.