PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate License on GM - demo player cannot connect - demo user limit exceeded

icedcrow
November 21st, 2020, 00:29
I have the Ultimate License and am hosting a game. I have a player with a demo version that cannot connect to me. He gets the error "demo user limit exceeded". It was my understanding that as long as I have the Ultimate License that my demo users should be able to connect just fine (which was the point in buying the Ultimate License)

Can I get some help in understanding how to resolve this?

SilentRuin
November 21st, 2020, 00:35
I have the Ultimate License and am hosting a game. I have a player with a demo version that cannot connect to me. He gets the error "demo user limit exceeded". It was my understanding that as long as I have the Ultimate License that my demo users should be able to connect just fine (which was the point in buying the Ultimate License)

Can I get some help in understanding how to resolve this?

A site search on this error shows an older thread with answer - I assume its still valid...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36038-Demo-user-limit-exceeded-error&p=313306&viewfull=1#post313306

icedcrow
November 21st, 2020, 00:38
I found that answer. It was not valid. I am using the Ultimate License key and I have updated the game correctly. My other three players are connected just fine. Its just the one player that is getting bounced by this error.

SilentRuin
November 21st, 2020, 00:44
Well if your player has the appropriate login here then your right - must be old out of date post.

wndrngdru
November 21st, 2020, 00:48
I found that answer. It was not valid. I am using the Ultimate License key and I have updated the game correctly. My other three players are connected just fine. Its just the one player that is getting bounced by this error.

Are all 4 players using the demo version?

Also, to confirm, you're seeing ULTIMATE on your FGU start screen?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41339&stc=1&d=1605919585

icedcrow
November 21st, 2020, 01:16
Nope three of my characters have standard licenses. One has the demo license. He is the one that cannot connect.

LordEntrails
November 21st, 2020, 01:18
Please post a screen shot of your FG launch window so we can verify version and license type.

damned
November 21st, 2020, 13:37
2 likely causes - you are NOT on Ultimate or the Demo Player cannot connect to the license server.

Trenloe
November 21st, 2020, 14:20
As mentioned above, this will occur when the GM has a Standard license and a demo player tries to connect when others are already connected.

Make sure you're entered your Ultimate license (if you've upgraded from Standard to Ultimate you will have a new key - use the new key, not the old Standard key) and once entered you will have to run an update so that the install can setup the Ultimate application. As mentioned above, you can see if this is successful from the top right of the FG startup screen - please post a screenshot of the GMs startup screen if you're still having issues.