PDA

View Full Version : NPC Syntax Problems for PF2

Faelar
November 20th, 2020, 18:42
Hello,

I don't want to spam the forum with questions that have already been asked, but i cannot find answers to my very simple question here (perhaps its too easy)
I want to create NPCs with FGC (v. 3.3.12) for PFRPG 2.
Obviosly I fail to write the apprpriate syntax für melee and ranged attacks in the "Automatic and Reactive Abilities" section of the sheet.

It is for example: "shortsword +6 (1d6+4)"
This works fine with PF1.
But in PF2 The attack roll will not be modified by the given modifier(+6). Only the d20 is rolled without the +6. The damage works the way it should be.
I'm sure you can help. Perhaps there's a site or listing with syntaxes that can be used for other needed rolls in PF2?

Thanks

Daso
November 20th, 2020, 19:11
Try writing it as: [one-action] shortsword +6 (agile, finesse, versatile s), Damage 1d6+4 piercing

Trenloe
November 20th, 2020, 19:17
Welcome to the FG forums Faelar!

Don't put melee attacks in the "Automatic and Reactive Abilities" section of the NPC statblock - this is for NPC abilities. Put the attack/damage string in the Melee or Ranged section.

And the attack syntax is different in PF2 to PF1 - that's a Paizo thing! All you have to do is copy the Paizo attack string and put it in the "Melee" entry in the NPC statblock (if it's a melee attack) or "Ranged" if it's a ranged attack. One attack per line.

Look at the Bestiary for plenty of examples of the setup and the syntax.

Faelar
November 20th, 2020, 19:38
Thanks al lot for your quick answers!!!

This way it works :) and i'll have a look at the bestiary.