PDA

View Full Version : [extension] Spell Domain Extension

bratch9
November 20th, 2020, 11:01
This extension is now on www.dmsguild.com 'Fantasy Grounds Spell Domain' (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327382/Fantasy-Grounds-Spell-Domain-extension)
My other extensions can be found on www.dmsguild.com 'Bratch Nine' (https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?keywords=&author=Bratch+Nine&artist=&pfrom=&pto=)
RULESET : 5E

This extension is adding an additional prepared tick box for 'domain/oath' spells, allowing for domain/oath spells to be tracked along with the normal prepared spells which can be changed after a long rest for these types of classes.

Also adds support for the generation of an 'extended spell list' on the abilities page that parses these from the 'features' and 'traits' section.

nephranka
January 18th, 2022, 17:03
I just found this and I will say it is very nice. It is a clean way to track those spells. I also, use it for any class that has additional spells from the sub class even if it is not a domain like ranger's gloomstalker.

bratch9
January 19th, 2022, 18:50
I just found this and I will say it is very nice. It is a clean way to track those spells. I also, use it for any class that has additional spells from the sub class even if it is not a domain like ranger's gloomstalker.

Thanks, if you find any conflicts please let me know. ( Or have suggestions. )

-pete

nephranka
January 19th, 2022, 20:22
Thanks, if you find any conflicts please let me know. ( Or have suggestions. )

-pete

Sure thing.

Conflicts: nothing so far (which is very good)!

Suggestions:
So, this is more of an observation. Domains are the main driver but this has use for other classes that get spells from the subclass they choose. I think this a great way to track spells for say the gloomstalker or the clockwork sorcerer. I would have never thought to look at this if I wanted to do those and not cleric domains. Not sure there is much to do about that. Not sure if there is a good name to encompass all of them.

It would be neat if you were able to pick up the choice in domain and auto add the spells by level.

Keep up the great work!

bratch9
January 20th, 2022, 10:11
Sure thing.

Conflicts: nothing so far (which is very good)!

Suggestions:
So, this is more of an observation. Domains are the main driver but this has use for other classes that get spells from the subclass they choose. I think this a great way to track spells for say the gloomstalker or the clockwork sorcerer. I would have never thought to look at this if I wanted to do those and not cleric domains. Not sure there is much to do about that. Not sure if there is a good name to encompass all of them.

It would be neat if you were able to pick up the choice in domain and auto add the spells by level.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Name to convey is tricky.. Its also why call 'spell domain' and not 'cleric domain', like you say other class/subclasses get specific spells on top of the normal selection. I have no idea what I'd call this. But maybe I need to add extra wording and some images on DmsGuild and show a mix of class/subclass views using it.

2. I'm not sure how spells pickup from level up would work. I see a lot of issues with the subclass feature selections due to the normal level up not processing the subclass properly. ( I see it a lot with 'barbarian totem warrior' and the sub selections for bear/eagle/wolf maybe its better now in the class wizard for the spells domain type directions. ) But also SilentRuin has been having issues with character wizard extensions ( on his advantages extension ) and was basically told he should not be playing with extending it. Its too fast moving at the moment and its design is monolithic and not 'module'/'extension' friendly.

I'll add these to my notes, and think about them.
-pete

nephranka
January 20th, 2022, 13:23
Thanks for the feedback.

1. Name to convey is tricky.. Its also why call 'spell domain' and not 'cleric domain', like you say other class/subclasses get specific spells on top of the normal selection. I have no idea what I'd call this. But maybe I need to add extra wording and some images on DmsGuild and show a mix of class/subclass views using it.

2. I'm not sure how spells pickup from level up would work. I see a lot of issues with the subclass feature selections due to the normal level up not processing the subclass properly. ( I see it a lot with 'barbarian totem warrior' and the sub selections for bear/eagle/wolf maybe its better now in the class wizard for the spells domain type directions. ) But also SilentRuin has been having issues with character wizard extensions ( on his advantages extension ) and was basically told he should not be playing with extending it. Its too fast moving at the moment and its design is monolithic and not 'module'/'extension' friendly.

I'll add these to my notes, and think about them.
-pete

Makes sense. Thanks!

Edit: I guess there is no way to read the domain from the sheet and add the spells directly without using the CW?

bratch9
January 21st, 2022, 10:57
Makes sense. Thanks!

Edit: I guess there is no way to read the domain from the sheet and add the spells directly without using the CW?

Probably, yes... But parsing them out of the source character sheet is complex. If you look into the CW 5e ruleset at '5E\charwizard\scripts\data_charwizard.lua', you will see a mass of hardcoded control data for it. ( Hint... because not even FG dev team can be bothered to write the code to parse it out of the source character sheet.... )

I could make a table based off the book access I have, and like the CW hardcode this in a table... and make updated as new classes/subclasses come along.

But if you have used my other extensions, you will see I prefer to parse data so that users can make spells and follow the parse rules and it should work. You could get to the likes of grimpress/rob2e and the pre-built specific custom spell effects they provide. You can see the different sides of the same coin.

Much of FG is designed to be parsed, I feel its 'wrong' for the CW to have these massive hardcoded tables. And because of this, when someone uses a DMsGuild module that has a new subclass this then totally fails to work with the CW. ( Hence SilentRuin issues with the CW )

And I'd have the same issue with a hard coded table for these... I'd get 'can you just detect 'x' off DMsGuild' and add these....

Its one of the reason spell tokens uses an import xml data..

I could probably do a half-way table, by exposing class/subclass names, and then spell links into a configuration table. So DM's can import/add/edit what the system would auto add etc..

As I say, I'll think about the options I have. But these things take time as I have a busy real world job and limited time to spend on multiple extensions. ( Some that need fixes caused by the sidebar big update that I still have not got around to sorting out.. )

Thanks,
-pete

nephranka
January 21st, 2022, 15:51
Probably, yes... But parsing them out of the source character sheet is complex. If you look into the CW 5e ruleset at '5E\charwizard\scripts\data_charwizard.lua', you will see a mass of hardcoded control data for it. ( Hint... because not even FG dev team can be bothered to write the code to parse it out of the source character sheet.... )

I could make a table based off the book access I have, and like the CW hardcode this in a table... and make updated as new classes/subclasses come along.

But if you have used my other extensions, you will see I prefer to parse data so that users can make spells and follow the parse rules and it should work. You could get to the likes of grimpress/rob2e and the pre-built specific custom spell effects they provide. You can see the different sides of the same coin.

Much of FG is designed to be parsed, I feel its 'wrong' for the CW to have these massive hardcoded tables. And because of this, when someone uses a DMsGuild module that has a new subclass this then totally fails to work with the CW. ( Hence SilentRuin issues with the CW )

And I'd have the same issue with a hard coded table for these... I'd get 'can you just detect 'x' off DMsGuild' and add these....

Its one of the reason spell tokens uses an import xml data..

I could probably do a half-way table, by exposing class/subclass names, and then spell links into a configuration table. So DM's can import/add/edit what the system would auto add etc..

As I say, I'll think about the options I have. But these things take time as I have a busy real world job and limited time to spend on multiple extensions. ( Some that need fixes caused by the sidebar big update that I still have not got around to sorting out.. )

Thanks,
-pete

Totally understand. I am mainly just discussing here to get an understanding what it takes and trying to help problem solve. I am more than happy with the current product and fully understand the time commitment. I appreciate the effort that has gotten us to this point. Thank you for the response. I will continue to report back anything I think might help.

nephranka
January 27th, 2022, 21:37
I am curious as to why the cantrips have an option to "always show" don't they already do that?

bratch9
January 28th, 2022, 13:33
I am curious as to why the cantrips have an option to "always show" don't they already do that?

Just simpler as its all they same thing. Its just a 'power'. You can add groups with mixed spell levels and cantrips, which would then causes some spells with and some spells without in the same power group.

-pete

nephranka
January 28th, 2022, 15:46
Just simpler as its all they same thing. Its just a 'power'. You can add groups with mixed spell levels and cantrips, which would then causes some spells with and some spells without in the same power group.

-pete

Sounds good. Thanks!

nephranka
February 2nd, 2022, 22:02
Not that this is something to be done or the UI could handle it because of space but if it could handle multiclass casters prepared spells that would be a neat feature. Right now our non clerics who are multi (like warlock/sor) use the domain col to help track the lower level classes prepared spells. Just passing it long. Thanks!

bratch9
February 3rd, 2022, 15:34
Not that this is something to be done or the UI could handle it because of space but if it could handle multiclass casters prepared spells that would be a neat feature. Right now our non clerics who are multi (like warlock/sor) use the domain col to help track the lower level classes prepared spells. Just passing it long. Thanks!

Are you thinking multiple selector dots for say 'druid' and 'cleric', with maybe counts on each in the meta window ?

-pete

nephranka
February 3rd, 2022, 18:28
Are you thinking multiple selector dots for say 'druid' and 'cleric', with maybe counts on each in the meta window ?

-pete

More or less. I am not sure if there is enough room to add more dots and if they can be added to the "prepared" list. But having 2-3 for multiclass characters so they could show how many prepared for each class would be great. The domain and keep visible are still useful as well. If the tooltip showed the class on roll over that would be killer. I know I am off the path but I am just talking out loud here.

bratch9
February 3rd, 2022, 19:37
More or less. I am not sure if there is enough room to add more dots and if they can be added to the "prepared" list. But having 2-3 for multiclass characters so they could show how many prepared for each class would be great. The domain and keep visible are still useful as well. If the tooltip showed the class on roll over that would be killer. I know I am off the path but I am just talking out loud here.

Ideas are always good to talk about.

bratch9
February 7th, 2022, 11:02
While not part of the extension, i've created a couple of thread on the forum about 'issues' with UI and 'refresh issue' on the power groups for spell.

UI prepared spell tick control by the meta group prepared value (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72521-UI-prepared-spell-tick-control-by-the-meta-group-prepared-value)

power group type toggle incorrect character display (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72507-power-group-type-toggle-incorrect-character-display)

Prepared meta group not updating the power group display (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72506-Prepared-meta-group-not-updating-the-power-group-display)

As I also think the default power groups have some issues and confusion around the usage on the meta spell power window 'prepared' value the user can edit. ( Most people do not edit this to switch it between spell and prepared display mode on the character. ) And the character is not refreshed correctly and the visibility of the spells 'prepared' tick box is not set visible/invisible as the mode changes for the display system.

If some of these changes happen, this will cause a 'merge' issue for the spell domain, which I'll need to fix.. ( Causing myself some work !! )

I'm also thinking that I might change the way the extension works to deal with the 'spells', by adding a new section to the character sheet abilities and then if these are found in the spell list it will then automatic 'force' the spell domain prepared tick on the 'Actions' section. It will not 'automatically' add the spell to the 'actions' spells list because it will not know if your character is putting them in a 'class' style power group, like the wizard creates, or a by hand group etc. as the actions spell power section is very flexible. ( I might think about auto add some more, but it might cause some lag on the character to look onto other pages which are not always 'configured/initalised' if the user has not been to that page... hence my 'resistance' to doing the auto add.. )

So the method would be to look in each 'features' section and try and detect 'level - spell' (blue-ish box) and then links based on the 'class' level (purple-ish box) and then copy the spell links based of the found class level into a new 'expanded spell' abilities section.

( This should pick up cleric, paladin, warlock spells as they all add 'features' links that then reference spell in this 'style' layout. )

As this is a suggestion, I'll take 'feedback/suggestions' before I add it to my 'todo' list and then not know when it might happen !!

Thoughts,
-pete

nephranka
February 7th, 2022, 13:47
While not part of the extension, i've created a couple of thread on the forum about 'issues' with UI and 'refresh issue' on the power groups for spell.

UI prepared spell tick control by the meta group prepared value (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72521-UI-prepared-spell-tick-control-by-the-meta-group-prepared-value)

power group type toggle incorrect character display (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72507-power-group-type-toggle-incorrect-character-display)

Prepared meta group not updating the power group display (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72506-Prepared-meta-group-not-updating-the-power-group-display)

As I also think the default power groups have some issues and confusion around the usage on the meta spell power window 'prepared' value the user can edit. ( Most people do not edit this to switch it between spell and prepared display mode on the character. ) And the character is not refreshed correctly and the visibility of the spells 'prepared' tick box is not set visible/invisible as the mode changes for the display system.

If some of these changes happen, this will cause a 'merge' issue for the spell domain, which I'll need to fix.. ( Causing myself some work !! )

I'm also thinking that I might change the way the extension works to deal with the 'spells', by adding a new section to the character sheet abilities and then if these are found in the spell list it will then automatic 'force' the spell domain prepared tick on the 'Actions' section. It will not 'automatically' add the spell to the 'actions' spells list because it will not know if your character is putting them in a 'class' style power group, like the wizard creates, or a by hand group etc. as the actions spell power section is very flexible. ( I might think about auto add some more, but it might cause some lag on the character to look onto other pages which are not always 'configured/initalised' if the user has not been to that page... hence my 'resistance' to doing the auto add.. )

So the method would be to look in each 'features' section and try and detect 'level - spell' (blue-ish box) and then links based on the 'class' level (purple-ish box) and then copy the spell links based of the found class level into a new 'expanded spell' abilities section.

( This should pick up cleric, paladin, warlock spells as they all add 'features' links that then reference spell in this 'style' layout. )

As this is a suggestion, I'll take 'feedback/suggestions' before I add it to my 'todo' list and then not know when it might happen !!

Thoughts,
-pete

I like the approach. It is a good compromise between adding spells and automating the domain lists. Maybe the expanded list area can be editable then we could add spells there when we want them to be forced into domain? I agree the whole power group area and functionality needs some work in FGU.

Keep up the good work!

bratch9
February 7th, 2022, 16:50
I like the approach. It is a good compromise between adding spells and automating the domain lists. Maybe the expanded list area can be editable then we could add spells there when we want them to be forced into domain? I agree the whole power group area and functionality needs some work in FGU.

Keep up the good work!

This is what it looks like at the moment,

You can drag a 'spell' shortcut onto the abilities page and it will add it to the 'extended spells' section. This has all the normal edit/add/delete radial and bottom right edit button controls to delete etc..

I'm just looking at the call back for when you add to the 'features' and 'change level', to generate a call back to check that feature for the wording and spell reference links and auto add the spell level listed into the extended spells section. But I need to think about it, as not sure on warlock if you get these based on ability to cast a level as 'dominate beast' at warlock lvl4 looks a bit odd.. while paladin list 17th lvl, and cleric list 9th lvl... So just need to work out if some are class level or ability to cast a spell at that level etc..

-pete

nephranka
February 7th, 2022, 17:19
This is what it looks like at the moment,

You can drag a 'spell' shortcut onto the abilities page and it will add it to the 'extended spells' section. This has all the normal edit/add/delete radial and bottom right edit button controls to delete etc..

I'm just looking at the call back for when you add to the 'features' and 'change level', to generate a call back to check that feature for the wording and spell reference links and auto add the spell level listed into the extended spells section. But I need to think about it, as not sure on warlock if you get these based on ability to cast a level as 'dominate beast' at warlock lvl4 looks a bit odd.. while paladin list 17th lvl, and cleric list 9th lvl... So just need to work out if some are class level or ability to cast a spell at that level etc..

-pete

It does sound complicated. It is cool to have the edit ability too!

bratch9
February 8th, 2022, 21:31
v1.7 has been updated, this has the extended spell support.

When the 'feature' is added to the character ( or you edit its name/text ), it will parse this and update the new extended spell section. If you have the spells in the abilities power side, it will 'tick' the 'prepared domain' for you.

You can drag spells onto the 'extended spells' and it will also process the abilities page 'tick' of the 'prepared domain' for you.

When you drag on a spell into the abilities power page, it will check the extended spells list and on a match also 'tick' the 'prepared domain' for you.

When you level up, it will also add the new spells you should get into the extended spells section.

This is all parsed from the feature description, so please let me know if it manages to mess something up, or fails to parse. ( I've checked PHB but I'm sure some parts might have bugs. )

NOTE... at the moment it only does EXACT name match between the extended spell list and the powers spell... so no support for 'rob2e/grim press' style power spell names.

While it does not add the spells automatically to the powers page, due to users might want to use the 'rob2e/grim press' versions.. You can open the shortcut on the extended spell and then swap to the abilities tab and drag that open shortcut for the spell onto the powers location you want it.

Hope this is interesting, not too broken, and maybe you have some feedback/bugs...

thanks, Pete

nephranka
February 9th, 2022, 02:11
v1.7 has been updated, this has the extended spell support.

When the 'feature' is added to the character ( or you edit its name/text ), it will parse this and update the new extended spell section. If you have the spells in the abilities power side, it will 'tick' the 'prepared domain' for you.

You can drag spells onto the 'extended spells' and it will also process the abilities page 'tick' of the 'prepared domain' for you.

When you drag on a spell into the abilities power page, it will check the extended spells list and on a match also 'tick' the 'prepared domain' for you.

When you level up, it will also add the new spells you should get into the extended spells section.

This is all parsed from the feature description, so please let me know if it manages to mess something up, or fails to parse. ( I've checked PHB but I'm sure some parts might have bugs. )

NOTE... at the moment it only does EXACT name match between the extended spell list and the powers spell... so no support for 'rob2e/grim press' style power spell names.

While it does not add the spells automatically to the powers page, due to users might want to use the 'rob2e/grim press' versions.. You can open the shortcut on the extended spell and then swap to the abilities tab and drag that open shortcut for the spell onto the powers location you want it.

Hope this is interesting, not too broken, and maybe you have some feedback/bugs...

thanks, Pete

So far it is holding. I like the extended section. Makes it easy to load spells that you want to prepare but not count against the "prepared" number. I will report back any bugs. Thanks!

bratch9
February 9th, 2022, 13:15
v1.71 updated to add spell name matching when the ability spells are using the likes of rob2e and have extra markup.

bratch9
February 13th, 2022, 17:03
v1.8 now has some color for the icons next to prepared spells depending on mode.. normal prepared, domain prepared and always show status.

mode -> prepare

not in mode prepare.

grimmlock
February 22nd, 2022, 14:06
This extension is causing an issue with inspiration slots. I created a brand new campaign and made a new character. Inspiration slots are set to Standard.
https://i.imgur.com/NwRJVHF.png

I then loaded ONLY the B9 Spell Domain extension and left inspiration slots set to Standard.
https://i.imgur.com/FryflVw.png

Despite having inspiration slots set to standard, the maximum amount of 3 is being displayed.

bratch9
February 22nd, 2022, 19:35
This extension is causing an issue with inspiration slots. I created a brand new campaign and made a new character. Inspiration slots are set to Standard.

I then loaded ONLY the B9 Spell Domain extension and left inspiration slots set to Standard.

Despite having inspiration slots set to standard, the maximum amount of 3 is being displayed.

Thats a fun one, nice spot.

This must be to do with having to play around with the character header bar. Maybe a missing super call to initialise to the correct value type thing..

I'll add it to my todo list.

-pete

nephranka
February 22nd, 2022, 21:10

Yeah, I saw this one too and thought it might be one of my other extensions. Never put it together this one would have effected that area.

bratch9
February 22nd, 2022, 21:27
v1.85 added missing super call to sort out the inspiration slots. ( And rest menu on right click on character etc.. )

-pete

nephranka
February 22nd, 2022, 21:28
v1.85 added missing super call to sort out the inspiration slots. ( And rest menu on right click on character etc.. )

-pete

Thanks!

bratch9
March 4th, 2022, 14:33
v1.9 added support for processing extended spell in the 'traits' section of a character sheet, it adjusts the parse process to cope with a few more formats and reference layouts.

If any do not parse correctly, please let me know.

-pete

bratch9
March 8th, 2022, 15:40
v2.0 updated to reflect ruleset changes.

Ozsome
April 17th, 2022, 15:48
Has anyone else had problems with the domain spells recently. I tried a new campaign and only loaded the spell domain but I am not getting the tick boxes any longer.
I have version 2.2.
Picture attached.

grimmlock
April 17th, 2022, 16:12
Has anyone else had problems with the domain spells recently. I tried a new campaign and only loaded the spell domain but I am not getting the tick boxes any longer.
I have version 2.2.

You need to have a number in the "Prepared" box to make the radio buttons show up.
https://i.imgur.com/we8WHkG.png

bratch9
April 17th, 2022, 21:29
You need to have a number in the "Prepared" box to make the radio buttons show up.
https://i.imgur.com/we8WHkG.png

Thanks 'grimmlock' for providing feedback on this. You are correct.

The base 5E ruleset was adjusted to only show the normal prepared tick boxes when the meta had a value in the prepared group number. Because of this I adjusted the spell domain extension to follow the same system and keep the view consistent.

-pete

Ozsome
April 18th, 2022, 17:43
Awesome. I figured it had to be something simple I was overlooking since nobody else had reported issues. Thanks folks for the quick response!!

cthulhuillithid
July 26th, 2022, 06:19
Does this work with the unity version?

bratch9
July 26th, 2022, 10:08
Does this work with the unity version?

All my extensions are developed on FG Unity, and were checked on FG Classic. Since FG Classic updates have stopped from the developer side, I've also stopped even loading/checking my extensions in FG classic.

As I add more extensions, these go onto the forge page which classic can not access. I'm actually going to be moving my extensions to use a common core module for cross extension support features, this will be on forge, so the DMsGuild extensions will soon become FG Unity only. ( I'll probably host the last version with a '_FGC' name convention but will not be updating them.

-pete

nephranka
January 26th, 2023, 13:54
I know it is early but it looks like this ext is throwing an error when you open the actions tab on TEST. Just passing the observation along.

bratch9
January 27th, 2023, 17:45
I know it is early but it looks like this ext is throwing an error when you open the actions tab on TEST. Just passing the observation along.

Thanks for letting me know, If I get chance over the weekend I'll take a look on the 'test' branch for all my extensions.

-pete

nephranka
February 23rd, 2023, 21:42
Lots of errors on the action tab after the update today. Passing it along.

bratch9
February 24th, 2023, 15:29
Lots of errors on the action tab after the update today. Passing it along.

Just starting to look at the failing extensions from the 4.3.3 release update. The 5 smaller ones I've checked and are working as expected, just got this and 3 other big ones to check... I'm sure you can guess which ones are failing !!

First up is this one, so hope to have an update soon... Just not sure what has changed, hope its just some xml linkage and nothing fundamental !!

-pete

nephranka
February 24th, 2023, 15:34
Just starting to look at the failing extensions from the 4.3.3 release update. The 5 smaller ones I've checked and are working as expected, just got this and 3 other big ones to check... I'm sure you can guess which ones are failing !!

First up is this one, so hope to have an update soon... Just not sure what has changed, hope its just some xml linkage and nothing fundamental !!

-pete

Aye. No rest for the wicked!

bratch9
February 24th, 2023, 18:24
v2.4 released, this fixes some features that were not working due to ruleset changes and updates for the 4.3.3 ruleset changes.

-pete

nephranka
February 24th, 2023, 19:23
v2.4 released, this fixes some features that were not working due to ruleset changes and updates for the 4.3.3 ruleset changes.

-pete

Seems operational now. Thanks!

nephranka
March 29th, 2023, 01:35
Looks like there is a conflict with 5e Auto wild magic ext:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C: power_item_header:usepowerDomain"]:3: attempt to call field 'usePower' (a nil value)

Edit: passing along this information if it helps: "window.usePower is a deprecated function, the new function is PowerManagerCore.usePower. The Spell Domains extension will need to be updated for use in Fantasy Grounds 5E Ruleset (2023-02)"

bratch9
April 5th, 2023, 11:42
Looks like there is a conflict with 5e Auto wild magic ext:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C: power_item_header:usepowerDomain"]:3: attempt to call field 'usePower' (a nil value)

Edit: passing along this information if it helps: "window.usePower is a deprecated function, the new function is PowerManagerCore.usePower. The Spell Domains extension will need to be updated for use in Fantasy Grounds 5E Ruleset (2023-02)"

v2.5 release should fix this as I've updated the function.

let me know if it corrects the conflict. ( If not please also link me to forum or forge or dmsguild page for '5e Auto wild magic' as I dont have that. )

-pete

nephranka
April 5th, 2023, 13:13
v2.5 release should fix this as I've updated the function.

let me know if it corrects the conflict. ( If not please also link me to forum or forge or dmsguild page for '5e Auto wild magic' as I dont have that. )

-pete

Many thanks for looking into this. The non-colored button (prepared) works now but the other two buttons (blue & green) do not work but they don't thrown an error now either.

Here is the free ext:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?74705-Automatic-Wild-Magic-Surge-Extension

bratch9
April 5th, 2023, 14:49
Many thanks for looking into this. The non-colored button (prepared) works now but the other two buttons (blue & green) do not work but they don't thrown an error now either.

Here is the free ext:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?74705-Automatic-Wild-Magic-Surge-Extension

I'll take a further look when I get time, can you give me some info for configuration. ( Or an exported character that I can load up that is pre-configured etc.. )

-pete

bratch9
April 5th, 2023, 15:27

Here is the free ext:

v2.6 added auto wild magic support.

-pete

nephranka
April 5th, 2023, 15:30
I'll take a further look when I get time, can you give me some info for configuration. ( Or an exported character that I can load up that is pre-configured etc.. )

-pete

Here is a test. I just set Fireball to the different options to test it.

nephranka
April 5th, 2023, 16:17
v2.6 added auto wild magic support.

-pete

Only seeing 2.5 uploaded to the guild.

bratch9
April 5th, 2023, 19:36
Only seeing 2.5 uploaded to the guild.

Not sure if you use the app or not.. but my app for dmsguild is giving me v2.6.

Could you try a 'force', by deleting and having it re-sync the file.. Just in case you crc is out of data or something like that ?

-pete

nephranka
April 5th, 2023, 20:01
Not sure if you use the app or not.. but my app for dmsguild is giving me v2.6.

Could you try a 'force', by deleting and having it re-sync the file.. Just in case you crc is out of data or something like that ?

-pete

Tried using a different browser, cleaning cookies, and dropbox. All look like:
Fantasy Grounds 'Spell Domain' extension
5E_B9_SpellDomain.ext Dungeon Masters Guild 2023-04-05 09:22:40

ext file:
<announcement text="Spell Domain v2.5\r\n" font="emotefont" icon="logo_b9"/>
<properties>
<name>B9 - Spell Domain</name>
<version>2.5</version>

Edit: I added a screen shot of the update list. It says 2.6 but maybe the version was not changed in the file? If so then it is not working with the blue/green buttons still.

bratch9
April 5th, 2023, 20:45

ext file:
<properties>
<version>2.5</version>

Edit: I added a screen shot of the update list. It says 2.6 but maybe the version was not changed in the file? If so then it is not working with the blue/green buttons still.

I've re-uploaded as v2.6a, my download from the app fetched the correct version.

maybe this will refresh your download ?

-pete

nephranka
April 5th, 2023, 20:51
I've re-uploaded as v2.6a, my download from the app fetched the correct version.

maybe this will refresh your download ?

-pete

Well it trigger an update (s1) but the ext still says v2.5 (s2). I have no idea what is going on but I do appreciate your trying.

bratch9
April 5th, 2023, 20:51

ext file:
<properties>
<version>2.5</version>

For reference my dmsguild app downloaded the v2.6a version of the file.... but going to the 'my library' and 'download' section this only downloaded v2.6 for me. ( So maybe its one version back for some reason... maybe a date/time difference between my/your location and the server ??? )

See if you now get v2.6 in your download... maybe it will resolve its self. ( Maybe some issue with multiple updates on the same day ? )

-pete

nephranka
April 5th, 2023, 20:59
For reference my dmsguild app downloaded the v2.6a version of the file.... but going to the 'my library' and 'download' section this only downloaded v2.6 for me. ( So maybe its one version back for some reason... maybe a date/time difference between my/your location and the server ??? )

See if you now get v2.6 in your download... maybe it will resolve its self. ( Maybe some issue with multiple updates on the same day ? )

-pete

Yeah...no clue. I see the same info just not getting the correct file. I will give it some time and try again.

bratch9
April 5th, 2023, 20:59
Well it trigger an update (s1) but the ext still says v2.5 (s2). I have no idea what is going on but I do appreciate your trying.

you could also try 'https://www.dmsguild.com/library_client.php' ( added as pure text... or you should be able to access it off your dmsguild login page.. unless you dont like using an app.. )

it might get you the correct version.. ( I think you have to generate an oauth key in your account side to give to the app. So for security on your side, i'd pull everything direct off dmsguild site and not any links I added !!! )

-pete

nephranka
April 5th, 2023, 21:06
you could also try 'https://www.dmsguild.com/library_client.php' ( added as pure text... or you should be able to access it off your dmsguild login page.. unless you dont like using an app.. )

it might get you the correct version.. ( I think you have to generate an oauth key in your account side to give to the app. So for security on your side, i'd pull everything direct off dmsguild site and not any links I added !!! )

-pete

I am using Linux :(

nephranka
April 5th, 2023, 21:30
Got hold of a windows machine and used your link. I finally got the correct version. Now to test it. Thanks.

Edit: working as you said! Thank you for the assistance.

bratch9
April 5th, 2023, 21:42
Got hold of a windows machine and used your link. I finally got the correct version. Now to test it. Thanks.

Edit: working as you said! Thank you for the assistance.

Did not realise the app was windows only.. ( But also assume most people use windows !!! )

Its very odd that even I was seeing different version getting downloaded from the 'my library' download website to the 'client app' version.

Its probably got to do with time zones or some odd sync.

I'll do a new upload tomorrow some time, and hope that that gets all the systems in sync.

-pete

nephranka
April 5th, 2023, 21:43
I am sure you are right. Thanks again!

bratch9
April 7th, 2023, 14:50
v2.7 updated a version to refresh DmsGuild.

( On my windows machine, the 'my library' and 'client app' both download the v2.7 build, Nephranka can you see if your linux version gets you the v2.7 and also that it solves the conflict with wild magic extension. )

Thanks,

-pete

nephranka
April 7th, 2023, 16:13
v2.7 updated a version to refresh DmsGuild.

( On my windows machine, the 'my library' and 'client app' both download the v2.7 build, Nephranka can you see if your linux version gets you the v2.7 and also that it solves the conflict with wild magic extension. )

Thanks,

-pete

Just got it from the guild. It is v2.7! Also, it is working with wild magic. Thanks!

razzed1
May 29th, 2023, 21:39
Is there a known conflict with any other extensions that would cause only the "show always" to be shown and not the prepared/domain check boxes?

bratch9
May 30th, 2023, 12:49
Is there a known conflict with any other extensions that would cause only the "show always" to be shown and not the prepared/domain check boxes?

Not that I know of, but I dont know every extension. So its possible.

The main reason is configuration errors,

For them to show up they need to be enabled in the group, and for the likes of domain these need to be in the 'group type' 'book/spell' and have a non-zero perpared value. ( See 'more spells' in the above. )

If you have an issue of them not showing and you are sure the configuration is correct, please provide extra information. When you are saying missing check boxes, are these in the preparation/standard/combat window selection, or in the configuration meta data window. And a list of extensions you are using.

( Or you could try turning off half your extensions, in a duplicated campaign, and see if that sorts the issue. then you know the issue is in the turned off group or the remaining group. Repeat the binary chop of enable/disable until you find the conflict. Then try a clean new campaign with just spell domain extension, make sure it works as expected, then add the 'found' extension to see if it breaks... and let me know, as I dont have every extension. )

-pete

razzed1
June 9th, 2023, 22:23
Thank you. I was missing a number in the Prepared box...

Arnagus
June 25th, 2023, 11:48
Hello Pete,

we started a brand new campaign and hit a cosmetic compatibility issue with your "Spell Domain" Extension and the official D&D Theme from SmiteWorks which comes with FGU. Note, the FG Themes do not have this issue.

With both loaded (only):

the "Prepared" field moves out of the window and is no longer displayed:

Not loading the extension, it looks normal (well, no surprise - just to check if there was an FGU issue):

as well as when not loading the Theme (but the extension):

Would be great if you can have a look as it is the only complete white theme (perfect for RotF)!
Many thanks!

bratch9
June 25th, 2023, 21:00
Hello Pete,

we started a brand new campaign and hit a cosmetic compatibility issue with your "Spell Domain" Extension and the official D&D Theme from SmiteWorks which comes with FGU. Note, the FG Themes do not have this issue.

With both loaded (only):

the "Prepared" field moves out of the window and is no longer displayed:

Not loading the extension, it looks normal (well, no surprise - just to check if there was an FGU issue):

as well as when not loading the Theme (but the extension):

Would be great if you can have a look as it is the only complete white theme (perfect for RotF)!
Many thanks!

I have taken a look at it, and I know what the issue is. But I dont have a good solution.

The issue is that the theme specifically changes the size of that window to cope with the 'dragon icon at the top'. But my extension also sets the size to been larger than the non-theme one for its extra buttons.

When my extension and this theme is loaded the window needs to be even bigger, to cope with my extension increase and the theme increase. But the way the windows system works I can only set one value.

What I need to do is be able to set to one height normally, and a different one with the theme. Which I dont think FG allows at the moment. ( If it was a specific ruleset I could adjust it by ruleset, as xml markers for that exist... but no xml markers for 'extension' checks exist. )

I can release an update with a combined height that works for both, but then just look 'massive' for everybody else not using the theme.

Let me add a forum thread specifically for how this sort of thing should be coped with... See if the SW devs have a specific or known way to deal with this sort of case.

If you happy to 'play' in the extension code, you can fix it for your game.

To do this,
Find your '2797083-5E_B9_SpellDomain.ext' in the 'FG\extensions' folder and rename it .zip and unpack it. So you now have a 'FG\extensions\2797083-5E_B9_SpellDomain' folder..
Edit the file 'FG\extensions\2797083-5E_B9_SpellDomain\campaign\record_power_sde.xml'
On line 143 you should be able to find, ( Its in the 'power_groupdetail' window class merge,

<size width="430" height="330" />

If you change this to,

<size width="430" height="380" />

This should resolve your issue for use in this theme.

Hope this helps for now,
-pete

Arnagus
June 25th, 2023, 22:24
Editing the XML doesn't scare me :-)
Will try your code tomorrow, no need to make complicated changes then.
Will also try to find and fix it rather in the theme...
Will keep an eye on similar issue with this theme and other extensions, now I know that the theme is problematic.

bratch9
June 26th, 2023, 10:29
Editing the XML doesn't scare me :-)
Will try your code tomorrow, no need to make complicated changes then.
Will also try to find and fix it rather in the theme...
Will keep an eye on similar issue with this theme and other extensions, now I know that the theme is problematic.

It will only be an issue on non-resizing windows.

I dont recall many non-resizing window in 5e..

-pete

Arnagus
June 26th, 2023, 20:36
Edit the file 'FG\extensions\2797083-5E_B9_SpellDomain\campaign\record_power_sde.xml'
On line 143 you should be able to find, ( Its in the 'power_groupdetail' window class merge,

This should resolve your issue for use in this theme.

This fixes it.
I now understand why you recommend to change your ext instead of the theme - it looks like this is the only theme located in the /vault, not in the /modules folder. At least, I was not able to locate it in the later...
Many thanks for the pointer!

bratch9
June 27th, 2023, 09:38
This fixes it.
I now understand why you recommend to change your ext instead of the theme - it looks like this is the only theme located in the /vault, not in the /modules folder. At least, I was not able to locate it in the later...

Yes the theme is in the vault as its a protected WotC theme.

Also due to loading order, even if you could edit the theme you would still need to edit my extension.

As my extension is the 'last' set of the window width/height it's values will be used.

I'm talking on a different thread to see if a better workable solution is available, but basically all reasonable solutions require code changes to FGU from what I can tell.

-pete

bratch9
June 29th, 2023, 09:51
This fixes it.

So the latest ruleset update has been adjusted to make the window resizable.. so you dont need a edited version of my extension, as you can now just resize the window to access the items off the bottom of the default window size.

But does leave a poor clipped 'look' to the window, which I'm still chasing a suitable fix for.

-pete

Arnagus
July 3rd, 2023, 06:59
Thanks - I did not notice that you now can resize! Works fine for me.

nephranka
February 9th, 2024, 01:41
I noticed that Rob is moving all his extensions over from the guild to the forge. Any chance this one will make the jump. It is the only one I use of yours still over there. Thanks!

bratch9
February 10th, 2024, 10:40
I noticed that Rob is moving all his extensions over from the guild to the forge. Any chance this one will make the jump. It is the only one I use of yours still over there. Thanks!

As far as I know the legal requirement is for it to always stay on DMsGuild. So unless Rob is re-writing the code/features of that extension its not possible, unless he has requested an exception. ( Which he might have, as he has more influence on these things been a 'group' of extensions/modules coders/writers etc.. )

Also if the extensions been moved are not '5e' exclusive this has a 'mixed' type thing, like spell tokens extension that was 'kicked' off DMsGuild by WotC a few years back.

I dont know the legal things 'Rob' is doing to resolve this, is he making you re-buy the extension on the forge and how much has been re-written ( or claimed to be re-written !! ) or if the extension is 5e only or not and is it still been updated on DmsGuild and Forge etc..

Its still a mess to my understanding, I'd like to think with the bugs stopping updates to happen on some extensions that they would just allow all extension to move to Forge.

If you have more information, from a legal point I dont think I can move it. ( And neither can 'Rob', unless he has asked for specific approval of which I dont know. )

-pete

nephranka
February 10th, 2024, 12:18
As far as I know the legal requirement is for it to always stay on DMsGuild. So unless Rob is re-writing the code/features of that extension its not possible, unless he has requested an exception. ( Which he might have, as he has more influence on these things been a 'group' of extensions/modules coders/writers etc.. )

Also if the extensions been moved are not '5e' exclusive this has a 'mixed' type thing, like spell tokens extension that was 'kicked' off DMsGuild by WotC a few years back.

I dont know the legal things 'Rob' is doing to resolve this, is he making you re-buy the extension on the forge and how much has been re-written ( or claimed to be re-written !! ) or if the extension is 5e only or not and is it still been updated on DmsGuild and Forge etc..

Its still a mess to my understanding, I'd like to think with the bugs stopping updates to happen on some extensions that they would just allow all extension to move to Forge.

If you have more information, from a legal point I dont think I can move it. ( And neither can 'Rob', unless he has asked for specific approval of which I dont know. )

-pete

Yeah, I don't have information but was just making an observation. It really sucks how convoluted all this is. It was more of me hoping than anything. Plus the bug thing with the guild is annoying.

bratch9
March 16th, 2024, 15:57
v2.8 update for FGU 4.5.0 release.

-pete

bratch9
March 16th, 2024, 15:58
Yeah, I don't have information but was just making an observation. It really sucks how convoluted all this is. It was more of me hoping than anything. Plus the bug thing with the guild is annoying.

I think the DMsGuild update issue 'should' be now fixed. My other extensions all seem to be updating for my FGU 4.5.0/ruleset updates.

-pete

nephranka
March 17th, 2024, 19:47
I think the DMsGuild update issue 'should' be now fixed. My other extensions all seem to be updating for my FGU 4.5.0/ruleset updates.

-pete

Thanks. I am holding off updating until the storm passes and the other exts update. Once I do I will report back any issues.

bratch9
March 17th, 2024, 22:19
Thanks. I am holding off updating until the storm passes and the other exts update. Once I do I will report back any issues.

Wise words. My groups game session over the weekend had a bunch of errors from different extensions, I did ask our DM for the console logs but he forgot. So I have no idea which extensions were causing issues or if any conflicted with my extensions etc.

-pete

nephranka
March 18th, 2024, 01:21
Wise words. My groups game session over the weekend had a bunch of errors from different extensions, I did ask our DM for the console logs but he forgot. So I have no idea which extensions were causing issues or if any conflicted with my extensions etc.

-pete

A lot from M&U group...he is working on it now. Plus there is the base game issue that are still being worked on.

bratch9
March 18th, 2024, 13:37
v2.9 fixed extended spell 'link' view to get the required 'spell' buttons and link drag button to allow drag onto action powers.

-pete