PDA

View Full Version : RuleForge Screenshots

DrDeth
May 21st, 2007, 09:00
I'm not sure if I can post this here - if not, feel free to remove it.

Here are some screenshots of RuleForge, my Fantasy Grounds ruleset editor.

Here you can see the Module Manager, where you can manage your custom modules, and the RuleSet Explorer, where you can browse the structure and directly edit the xml of rulesets via a property window.

The FrameEditor allows you to drag around the various rectangles that you need to define for framedefs. Its not 100% complete, but this should give you an idea.

Oberoten
May 21st, 2007, 09:51
This is one product I long for almost as much as I did for FG2.

Tailz Silver Paws
May 22nd, 2007, 07:17
Fantastic idea - so when will it be ready for us people who can't cut xml code?

DrDeth
May 22nd, 2007, 07:31
The project is moving along slowly but surely. I cant give any sort of timeline on when it will be ready, but as it stand currently it could be used as a glorified xml editor. The real bonus will be graphical editors for frame definitions and windowclasses, as well as a script editor with syntax highlighting.

SniperDM
June 4th, 2007, 06:05
Put my name on the list of people pining for this program. Even a fantasygrounds themed xml editor would be pretty useful for me, over say, textpad, which I currently use. Take your time of course to do it right, but I'm sure RuleForge will be downright handy when finished.

DrDeth
June 5th, 2007, 15:56
I've added another screenshot showing the FrameEditor!

Tailz Silver Paws
June 13th, 2007, 03:07
I've added another screenshot showing the FrameEditor!
Thats so neat, can you build a character sheet for me :)

SniperDM
June 13th, 2007, 06:44
I'm pretty sure the idea behind ruleforge, when it's done, is that you can use it to make your own character sheet without any XML or scripting knowledge, TSP.

DrDeth
June 13th, 2007, 08:23
Well, the idea is to make it easier to create your own rulesets. You would still need some knowledge about how rulesets work, but hopefully the RuleSet Modification Guide and Reference Docs will get better over time to help with this regard.

Tailz Silver Paws
June 17th, 2007, 08:33
I'm pretty sure the idea behind ruleforge, when it's done, is that you can use it to make your own character sheet without any XML or scripting knowledge, TSP.
Yeah I know that, but code makes my poor fuzzy head hurt...!

DrDeth
June 18th, 2007, 07:04
:D

I should be making another release to my testers this week. Then I move onto the most complex part - windowclasses.

Insanity
June 22nd, 2007, 21:17
awesome...

DrDeth
June 26th, 2007, 09:36
Well, the next version has been released but the testers seem to be AWOL. Oh well, I'll carry on regardless - I'm sure they'll turn up eventually. ;)

Oberoten
June 26th, 2007, 18:42
Wait wait wait....

I have heard/seen nothing about this and I check the wrath forums once or twice a day?

What?
Where?
How?
Please?

- Obe

terrell
June 27th, 2007, 01:16
Should you need an extra tester, PM me. I would be happy to help out.

DrDeth
June 27th, 2007, 07:17
Oberoten: I make releases to my Beta Testers group, not the public forums. Being an active member, such as you are, I've added you to the Beta group. You should now be able to see the Beta Forums, and help with the testing.

terrell: You're welcome to sign up for the testing. Sign up on our forums and drop me a PM with your username and I'll activate you. Thanks for the interest.

Oberoten
June 27th, 2007, 08:46
Many thanks. :)

Starting in on a "Complete Noob Experience" post on the installation etc of the latest distribution.

DrDeth
June 27th, 2007, 12:14
Awesome! :)

Oberoten
June 27th, 2007, 12:54
Heh... Even if I was wrong in my diagnose. ;)

That is what I get for listening to Tom Lehrer (Verner von Braun) while trying to troubleshoot something, eh?

water_prophet
January 21st, 2008, 20:36
So...this thread has been dead since June? What's the status on it? It looks freakin' fantastic and I want a piece of the pie! My end goal is to have a rule set that allows me to count "successes" of 10-sided dice rolled for White Wolf game systems play. The rest would be gravy. :)

Oberoten
January 21st, 2008, 23:33
Ruleforge is now OpenSource... Which slows down development a bit while everyone is getting warm in the clothes.

But should speed things up AND get them finished in the end. :)

DrDeth
January 22nd, 2008, 05:56
Hi water_prophet,

An update on this thread is available here:
https://dev.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7499