PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ultimate License

Rewe
November 19th, 2020, 19:53
Hello, im running the game on Mac, and love the extra Unity Features, so its most likely i will ONLY use Unity FG.

I want to upgrade to Ultimate so i can play with some cheap friends of mine... do i need to buy the Ultimate License for Standard FG ? Or can i only buy the Ultimate License for Unity?

Thanks!

LordEntrails
November 19th, 2020, 19:55
You only need the FGU Ultimate license.

FGC and FGU are different applications (though they share DLC).

Rewe
November 19th, 2020, 20:01
Oh thats greats News... Then i need to ask, why does Standard Ultimate License cost 6 times more than Unity Ultimate License ?

Does it add some extra features ? For my understanding the only extra is that allow you to have free accounts joining your games.

LordEntrails
November 19th, 2020, 20:06
It shouldn't. Can you post links to the two pages/products you are comparing?

If you click Details on this page, it should show you the differences, which as you noted is just about letting others join your game with a free account. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/

Rewe
November 19th, 2020, 20:53

Here is a screenshot of the Steam page with the prices.

It is on my local currency (Argentine Pesos)
Fantasy Ground - Ultimate Upgrade 1209,98
Fantasy Ground Unity - Ultimate License upgrade - 209,98

Rewe
November 19th, 2020, 21:06
Doble Post (sorry)

Jiminimonka
November 19th, 2020, 21:25

Here is a screenshot of the Steam page with the prices.

It is on my local currency (Argentine Pesos)
Fantasy Ground - Ultimate Upgrade 1209,98
Fantasy Ground Unity - Ultimate License upgrade - 209,98

You don't need the Fantasy Ground - Ultimate Upgrade 1209,98 - just the Fantasy Ground Unity - Ultimate License upgrade - 209,98 - since you already have FGU basic

LordEntrails
November 19th, 2020, 22:06
Yep, on Steam, Ultimate is an upgrade the base license (rather than a separate product). So, since you already own FGU Standard, you only need the Ultimate Upgrade. Since you don't own FGC, it is listing the price for both FGC Standard and the Ultimate Upgrade :)

damned
November 19th, 2020, 22:10
You don't need the Fantasy Ground - Ultimate Upgrade 1209,98 - just the Fantasy Ground Unity - Ultimate License upgrade - 209,98 - since you already have FGU basic

Honestly - it looks like a pricing error that will be fixed very soon...

Rewe
November 19th, 2020, 23:15
Yep, on Steam, Ultimate is an upgrade the base license (rather than a separate product). So, since you already own FGU Standard, you only need the Ultimate Upgrade. Since you don't own FGC, it is listing the price for both FGC Standard and the Ultimate Upgrade :)

But i do OWN FGC :/

When i bought FG Steam told me i needed both in order to be available to use Unity.

Im loving the product so far, so no complains for me here, im happy to contribute for such a wonderful app. But i am having problems to get some friends into it... and now finding out it is actually cheaper than what it seems, it could be easier to get more people into it.

BTW, i bought FGU Ultimate, but i can not find the new CD Key :(

Edit, Find the Ultimate CD Key, it was listed below the regular CD Key on the Gear Icon :p