PDA

View Full Version : White Screen on Classic Init

Fiya
November 19th, 2020, 13:32
Hi, my Fantasy Grounds Classic stalls on a white screen on trying to initialize the program. I've spent a few days poking around the forums at similar issues that have been resolved in the past. I became aware of the issue after a windows features update, that I haven't been able to revert from. I also updated my graphics driver during this time, but I've rolled back several iterations of graphics drivers with no observable change.

• I don't have Duet installed
• I've run through several iterations of graphical drivers
• I've reinstalled windows
• I've deleted my installations of Fantasy Grounds and completely reacquired files.
• I've verified my installations of DirectX and .Net Frameworks.

My console.log looks like this,

[19.11.2020 13:23:14] Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
[19.11.2020 13:23:14] Runtime Notice: Initializing COM
[19.11.2020 13:23:14] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting

and does not progress unless the program is terminated. The console.log updates with an exit line upon program termination.

[19.11.2020 13:26:31] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds exiting

I'm trying to roll my windows installation back from the features update, but if I'm overlooking something please inform me of that.

I've attached a DxDiag.txt output

Thanks

Edit 1: Reverting to previous version of Windows did not resolve the issue.

damned
November 19th, 2020, 22:07
Hi Fiya - it was working and now is not?

Granamere
November 19th, 2020, 22:46
Welcome!

I would go ahead and update to the latest Nvidia driver. Are you able to get any Dx games running? Is it only FGC that is not working? Any chance FGC is launching on a different monitor? When it seems "stuck" can you right click on the task bar and select "show windows stacked" Is it in there?

Fiya
November 19th, 2020, 23:49
Hi Fiya - it was working and now is not?

Yes, it was working 8 days ago; and is no longer functional.

Welcome!

I would go ahead and update to the latest Nvidia driver. Are you able to get any Dx games running? Is it only FGC that is not working? Any chance FGC is launching on a different monitor? When it seems "stuck" can you right click on the task bar and select "show windows stacked" Is it in there?

I've already reverted my driver tests and am running the most recent driver available to me. The issue is not with Directx, other applications work without issue. The FG instance cannot be manipulated with the windows + directional shortcut, and is not being displayed on an invalid screen space. Cascading, Stacking, or any other window display function returns no change.

Granamere
November 21st, 2020, 01:31
When you say you have reinstalled windows I assume you mean over the existing windows and not a fresh install.

Fiya
November 23rd, 2020, 22:57
No it was a complete wipe of the storage disk. It was a clean installation. I've since manually extracted any relevant information for my players' character sheets from a backup and have migrated to FGU. I was unable to resolve this issue.