PDA

View Full Version : [extension] Spell Tokens Extension

Pages : 1 2 [3]

SmackDaddy
October 18th, 2021, 02:38
bractch9, are you still providing updates to this extension on DMsGuild for those who previously purchased it there? Thank you in advance for your time.

bratch9
October 18th, 2021, 12:22
Thanks, That really helped
Cheers
What does the "pixels per 5 units" and "Collision percentage" mean/do?

'pixels per 5 units' is the translation from graphics size to the grid square on the map. ( Normally grid squares are 5ft in 5e, so its basically number of graphics pixels to the 5ft grid square. )

If you have a spell token graphic that is for a 20ft square effect, with normal 5e setting this would define an effect that is 4x4 grid squares. ( 20ft/5ft = 4 ) With a graphics for this that is 200x200 pixels you would set the 'pixels per 5 units' = 50 ( 200/4=50 ). Its basically a measure of number of pixels of the graphic token that maps to a grid square.

[ Its got odd wording as this changes with ruleset to be more generic, which is also why the 'suffix' extra config screen is available for mapping when using 'meters' instead of 'ft'. Also for the likes of dnd 4e which uses 1 unit per grid square. Most cases you just want to divide the graphic pixel resolution by the number of grid squares you want it to cover. ]

'Collision percentage' allow the shape checked to be reduced relative to the display on the screen. This can help with 'selection' relative to the grid. At 100% on a circle spell token the system will 'target' players/npc at full radius, but this might over selection depending on position around the circle. This of say the 45 degree point of the circle which might 'just' clip into the corner of a grid square. This would then force a token in this grid to be selected. Which 'correct' that the effect goes into that square and the player/npc is in that square, most players would consider this 'not' a target. So if you want to be very 'strict' you can leave this at 100%. If you find your game and players this its 'over selecting', then feel free to nudge this down until you are happy with the selection.

Before the 'collision percentage' you have to adjust this with the 'pixels per 5 unit' value, but then the graphic on screen would be 'small' for the area. So the 'collision percentage' allow you to have a full size graphic token for the effect ( which might have a soft edge to the graphic ) and adjust the selection area between strict ( at 100% ) and been a bit 'loose' with maybe 95%.

This also allow you to have a spell token graphic that fits bigger than the effect, at a 20ft square effect that should take up 4x4 grid squares, been drawn to fit on a 6x6 grid squares to allow for the 'edge' fade off for the 'look' of the effect. ( This maybe fireball with its main 30ft radius but with a 35ft radius graphic to show the edge effect. ) So you can 'correct' the selection with the 'collision percentage' to get it back to 30ft radius selection.

Its not too complex once you get used to it, but because I dont know if you are using 10ft per grid square and if this been set to 1 unit or 5 units per grid square in the way the map is configured and how your spell tokens are drawn to the size or 'over sized for effect', the system has to have configurations for these things.

-pete

Maldev
October 18th, 2021, 12:26
Again, thanks for the info :)
I am playing 4E d&d, so it's a bit trickier. However so far I am happy with how it's going.
Cheers

bratch9
October 18th, 2021, 12:29
bractch9, are you still providing updates to this extension on DMsGuild for those who previously purchased it there? Thank you in advance for your time.

For FGU, yes the DMsGuild will be getting an update. It has been delayed due to personal/work issue that pulled me away. ( Which is why the forge version has not been updated either for a little while. )

I wanted to get this round of 'features' working in forge and getting it stable without having to do extra updates into DMsGuild. Once the 'select friend' side of the code is added then the forge version will be stable and at a good feature level. So will be doing an update on both forge and DMsGuild.

[ I will have to 'adjust' the DMsGuild side a bit to make sure the non-update for the FGC version ext/mod is marked up correct and clear. Which is why I've been working in the clean FGU forge version. ]

This should happen this week at some point, but depends if real work dumps a bunch of extra on me !!

-pete

bratch9
October 18th, 2021, 12:33
Again, thanks for the info :)
I am playing 4E d&d, so it's a bit trickier. However so far I am happy with how it's going.
Cheers

Yes some of this is because of the 'odd' 4e use of 1 unit per grid square, so distances are different.

In most cases assume setting up as 5e rules and the 4e side is 'scaled' internally by default by 5. This allows the 'spelltoken.xml' template to be imported in both 4e and 5e ( and other rulesets ) and the values work. Without the need for ruleset specific xml configs.

-pete

bratch9
October 26th, 2021, 17:28
update,

v6.4 adds a 'friend' target selection button, and if 'shift' is pressed on either target selection it will select 'all'.

nephranka
October 26th, 2021, 20:51
update,

v6.4 adds a 'friend' target selection button, and if 'shift' is pressed on either target selection it will select 'all'.

Exciting news! I will test it out this weekend. Thank you!

Weissrolf
October 26th, 2021, 21:50
Seems to work as advertised. Thanks for that! :)

bratch9
October 28th, 2021, 15:56
Just processed updating the DMsGuild side of this extension, now that the forge version is back to been stable.

Because of this I've renamed the spelltoken/template.xml with a 'B9_' at the start of this thread to keep a consistent set of files around and to help simplify keeping Forge and DMsGuild in sync.

On the DMsGuild, the old v4.1 is now been used for the FGC and these files have an '_FGC' in the filename and the latest v6.4 for FGU has been uploaded.

The DMsGuild FGC version will no longer be updated. The FGU version I will try and keep in sync, but the DMsGuild might end up been a few builds behind and then catch up in one jump. ( It depends of the changes. )

Frodie
October 28th, 2021, 16:50
How do you get the spell icon to show up in the P2e datasets?

bratch9
October 28th, 2021, 17:54
How do you get the spell icon to show up in the P2e datasets?

What stage are you at that you are having issues ?

One thing you might need to do is re-add or re-parse the spells on a character sheet if these were previously added before adding/configure the extension.

The basic steps are,

1. make sure you have configured a spell in the 'spell token configuration' system, see button in the bottom right of the sidebar.
2. Once in the 'spell token configuration', set up a spell by using the normal FG edit systems. Add a line to the configuration and type in a matching name for the spell and assign it an icon(optional) and a graphic from the assets. Set up its size relation to a grid square.
3. add the named spell to a character, and you should see the icon or the full spell token been shown.
4. drag spell from character sheet to a map etc..

If you are using the likes of the 5e spell token graphics from Gareth Jensen you will have to edit the 'SPELL_TOKENS_2.1.mod' definition.xml file, to change the <ruleset>5E</ruleset> to <ruleset>Any</ruleset>, save and repack. ( Or use the 7zip open archive/edit file open to have make the change. ) Once this is done you can use the 'import xml' file button on the configuration screen to import the 'B9_Spelltokens.xml' from the top of the thread to configure for this pack.

I obviously dont provide any graphics with the extension, but you can use what ever images you have to configure, or just some random ruleset token to 'test' setup a spell to check which part you have not configured.

hope this gets you along the correct path to sorting it out.

nephranka
November 17th, 2021, 12:56
Have you seen the changes in Test? I gave it a spin and thought I would report back. It looks like I get an error when I open a map:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/image_B9ST.lua"]:78: attempt to call field 'onGridStateChanged' (a nil value)

I know this is still on test but I thought I pass it along.

amanwing
November 18th, 2021, 18:54
I can't find the side button for the spell tokens configuration. Do I have to activate it somehow?

bratch9
November 18th, 2021, 19:02
Have you seen the changes in Test? I gave it a spin and thought I would report back. It looks like I get an error when I open a map:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/image_B9ST.lua"]:78: attempt to call field 'onGridStateChanged' (a nil value)

I've not had change to check my extensions against the 'test' branch, i'm sure more error than this exist from reading the massive list of changed.

-pete

bratch9
November 18th, 2021, 19:04
I can't find the side button for the spell tokens configuration. Do I have to activate it somehow?

Are you in FGC ot FGU ?

You should only need to have the extension enabled to have this show up.

If you have it enabled, and still can not see it, please try disable of any other extensions as it could be a conflict.

-pete

amanwing
November 18th, 2021, 19:25
Are you in FGC ot FGU ?

You should only need to have the extension enabled to have this show up.

If you have it enabled, and still can not see it, please try disable of any other extensions as it could be a conflict.

-pete

in FGU I bought it in forge. How can I check if the files are truely there? I did not found it under extensions.
I disabled all extensions.
Edit:
NM it's visible under extensions now. Maybe a problem with updating from the forge.

bratch9
November 18th, 2021, 20:36
in FGU I bought it in forge. How can I check if the files are truely there? I did not found it under extensions.
I disabled all extensions.
Edit:
NM it's visible under extensions now. Maybe a problem with updating from the forge.

If its showing up in your extension selection list then it should be ok.

Not sure what 'NM' is that you are referring to.

-pete

EDIT: Which ruleset are you using. ( Just checked the 5e side and it seems to be showing up on my machine. )

EDIT2: Did you previously have the DMsGuild version ? ( This might be in the folder, also the DMsGuild version now has FGC and FGU versions you have to look out for. )

amanwing
November 18th, 2021, 20:53
If its showing up in your extension selection list then it should be ok.

Not sure what 'NM' is that you are referring to.

-pete

EDIT: Which ruleset are you using. ( Just checked the 5e side and it seems to be showing up on my machine. )

EDIT2: Did you previously have the DMsGuild version ? ( This might be in the folder, also the DMsGuild version now has FGC and FGU versions you have to look out for. )

It just showed up after repeating update it's now in the list of extensions and I think I made it work.

bratch9
November 19th, 2021, 10:48
It just showed up after repeating update it's now in the list of extensions and I think I made it work.

Good to know you got it working.

Thanks, Pete

Larsenex
November 19th, 2021, 11:34
Greetings Bratch,
I wanted to know would I need to purchase a separate extension or module which contains the tokens for the spells?
The various 'tokens' for the spells looks great in your example on the forge and I needed to know if those are a separate purchase.
I believe I understand how this extension works and it seems very handy for myself and my players to use.
We have been using FGU since its early release 2019.
We play Pathfinder 2e and I am also wondering does this extension change the map from 5 feet to 1.5 or is that only for the spells?
Best,
Larsenex

bratch9
November 19th, 2021, 14:37
Greetings Bratch,
I wanted to know would I need to purchase a separate extension or module which contains the tokens for the spells?
The various 'tokens' for the spells looks great in your example on the forge and I needed to know if those are a separate purchase.
I believe I understand how this extension works and it seems very handy for myself and my players to use.
We have been using FGU since its early release 2019.
We play Pathfinder 2e and I am also wondering does this extension change the map from 5 feet to 1.5 or is that only for the spells?
Best,
Larsenex

You are correct no spell token graphics provided with the extension. You need to provide your own or grab a pack from a different source.

( I normally link the 5e pack on DMsGuild, But with you talking about PF 2e I'm not sure of any specific packs for those spells. If you use a 5e pack you might have to hand edit the definition file in the art pack 'mod' file to set the 'ruleset' to 'any'. For the spell token graphics pack to show up outside 5e. )

Not sure on your 5 feet to 1.5. I'm assuming you are talking 1.5 meters ?

The extension does not change the map settings, but the extension does have 'suffix' support so if you change the map grid to '1.5' and set gird 'suffix' to 'm', it should then correct scale a spell token to that map grid size configuration. ( ie normal 5 foot per square map with a 10 foot spell token would take up 2x2 grid squares, and if the map grid is configured as '1.5 m' per square that same 10 foot configured spell token will still take up the 2x2 grid squares. )

Hope this helps, Pete

amanwing
November 20th, 2021, 13:41
I try to figure out how the sizing of the tokens work. For example I have a map set to Distance Multiplier 5.0 Distance Suffix '
I create a Spell Tokens Configuration Fireball 100 100 circle and the fireball tokens. Map Suffix ' 5
When I drag the token to the map it has this size:
It looks like 15' radius. What do I need to do to have it the needed 20 ' radius?
I know I can resize it with the mouse but is there a beter way to habe the correct size when I drag it?

bratch9
November 20th, 2021, 19:01
I try to figure out how the sizing of the tokens work. For example I have a map set to Distance Multiplier 5.0 Distance Suffix '
I create a Spell Tokens Configuration Fireball 100 100 circle and the fireball tokens. Map Suffix ' 5
When I drag the token to the map it has this size:
It looks like 15' radius. What do I need to do to have it the needed 20 ' radius?
I know I can resize it with the mouse but is there a beter way to habe the correct size when I drag it?

If you have it at 100 'pixels per 5 unit' in the configuration, and this comes out at 15 feet for you. ( Your image looks a little shorter than 15 feet )

Assuming its about 2.8 squares from the look of your screen shot. This gives the spell token graphic in use of resolution 2.8*100 = 280 pixels.. if you want that to cover 4 squares ( 20 feet radius ) then 280/4 = 70 'pixels per 5 unity'

So you need to set the 'units per 5 feet' to 70 instead of 100.

For a radius effect, to reduce 'over' selection some people reduce the collision down to about 95%. So players can stand on the edge of the effect when it cuts across a tiny bit of the corner of a square.

This effect looks like 'gareths' 5e spell tokens set. I've provided the 'B9_spelltokens.xml' file at the start of this thread which can be 'imported' with the 'blue' import xml button on the configuration screen. And this will set up the correct sizes for this pack. ( It does not 'refine' any of the collision sizes, these are all set at 100% as its upto the DM to decide if they want exact collision or a little flexibility. )

Hope this helps.

-pete

amanwing
November 20th, 2021, 22:18
I imported the xml but now it's worse. I included a picture. Maybe you can see what I did wrong?
I included the config of my spell tokens here. Maybe thats why It doesnt scale for me?

bratch9
November 21st, 2021, 12:11
I imported the xml but now it's worse. I included a picture. Maybe you can see what I did wrong?
I included the config of my spell tokens here. Maybe thats why It doesnt scale for me?

This all looks ok to me, and I did a quick clean setup and the sizes were working as expected. ( I was using an FG battle map, and not the 150x150 sewer map as I dont own that. )

You should not need the suffix for the default (''' 5) feet, it normally just has the ('m' 1.5) to convert between meters and feet.. ( but this should not cause an issue, I tested it and even setting it to 10, just enlarged the spell tokens as expected. )

The only questions that I have are,

1. how did you 'drag' on the fireball token. ( Was it from the spell config window or from a character sheet ? )
2. If it was from a character sheet did you re-add/reparse the spell to make sure its information was updated. ( This can get out of sync depending on how it was added, but in most cases it only needs a reparse if you have changed the icon/token graphic and want to get the update onto a character sheet. )

Also you do not need the 'fireball (150)=' in the spell configuration... normally you have 'fireball' on the spell configuration and 'fireball (150)=' on the character sheet. ( From the rob2e spell effects naming. )

This should not be an issue, unless you changed the name in the configuration and have a miss-match on the character sheet from an old setting. ie the character sheet still has the 'fireball' icon showing but now you have changed the name in the spell configuration and it can not match up the character sheet name with the configuration name.

The character spell->configuration name matching works by looking for an 'exact' match first, if that is not found the it strips off things like () sections to support the likes of character spell, 'fireball (150)=' from a rob2e spell effect, while the spell configuration only has the 'fireball' part. This matching/stripping back has a few situations that are used to work around naming conventions of a few modules, including the polymorph and rob2e etc.. that have extra 'stuff' encoded into the name of the character sheet.

If the 'name' match does not happen properly between the character sheet and the configuration, the token will be placed with default sizes. This is probably what is causing your issue.

Try deleting the spell on the character sheet and re-adding it. ( As the rob2e/'grim press auto effect' spells do not re-parse because of how they are made.. For these if you press and hold 'shift' when you select the right-click reparse spell then it should just update the spell token and not re-parse the actual spell description which would remove the custom effects of these types of modules. )

Normally go with the most 'basic' name for the spell in the 'spell configuration', if you want a 'fireball' spell token and a different one for 'fireball (150)=' then you do need to have both in the spell configuration.

Hope this helps.
pete

amanwing
November 21st, 2021, 12:27
1. I tried both. Same results.
2. I deleted the old spell from the character sheet and incuded the spell using drag and drop.
I tried the things you mentioned and I test now with a regular spell from 5e without using rob2es spells.
Same. I just drag the spell call lightning onto the character sheet. It assigns the token and I drag the token to the map. Same effect.50049
I also changed maps. It's the same.
And thank you for your help

bratch9
November 21st, 2021, 15:13
2. I deleted the old spell from the character sheet and incuded the spell using drag and drop.
I tried the things you mentioned and I test now with a regular spell from 5e without using rob2es spells.
Same. I just drag the spell call lightning onto the character sheet. It assigns the token and I drag the token to the map. Same effect.50049

is it possible for you to attach a zip of the campaign, so I can have a more detailed look at this. As I might be able to spot something specific.

also, can you confirm which version of FGU, ruleset, spell tokens extension version and if you have any other extensions enabled.

Thanks, Pete

bratch9
November 21st, 2021, 15:20

Hi,

Just had a look at the 'call lightning' in your example, and this looks like a source spells token issue. If you go to the DMsGuild site for Gareths tokens he lists 'CALL LIGHTNING 10ft' and the graphic is 140x140 and these are normally authored at 70 pixels per square. So does look like a 10 foot spell token.

I know the spell lists a 60 foot radius.

Can you try the fireball, as I know that spell token is the correct size in the spell token graphics and configuration.

For 'call lightning' you will have to report the spell token graphic as the wrong size to Gareth to get him to 'fix' the token. ( My guess is it was read as 'cylinder that is 10 feet tall with a 60-foot radius' as was built as 10 feet tall instead of radius.. )

-pete

amanwing
November 21st, 2021, 17:10
You were right. The Call Lightning token was the problem here. I also needed to set the Token (GM) autoscale to grid to 80 or 100% it was OFF.
It seems to work now without problems. Fantastic! Thank you for your help!

bratch9
November 21st, 2021, 19:26
You were right. The Call Lightning token was the problem here. I also needed to set the Token (GM) autoscale to grid to 80 or 100% it was OFF.
It seems to work now without problems. Fantastic! Thank you for your help!

Happy to help get it working.

( If you want the call lightning at 60 foot, you would have to set to about 12 pixels per 5 units. ( But the resolution would then be low due to its size. )

-pete

arcanjl
December 5th, 2021, 17:10
How to create tokens for custom spells?

bratch9
December 5th, 2021, 20:25
How to create tokens for custom spells?

To make a custom token you need to,

1. make/find a suitable graphic for the spell.
2. add this to the 'install' location of FGU, in the 'tokens' sub folder.
3. then you need to check in game that you can see that token in game. It should be in the 'assets' tab under 'tokens' probably in a folder called 'data'. ( or campaign, if you put the graphic in a campaign specific 'tokens' folder.. )
4. when you are happy the game can see your graphic, open the 'spells token configuration' window. Right click in some space should give the 'radial' button for FGU and at the south position you should have 'add item'.
5. use the radial control to add a new item. Give this the name of your spell, so it matches up with the character sheet or source module name for the spell.
6. once you have a this new line, drag the spell graphic from the 'assets','tokens' ( probably 'data' ) folder onto the spell configuration window graphic space on the right end of the new line you made.
7. next configure the 'size per 5 units'. If you have a 200pixel x 200 pixel spell token and want that to cover a 20ftx20ft space. This is a 4x4 grid selection. You set the 'size per 5 units' to 200/4=50.
8. you can now 'reparse' the spell on the character sheet, you might want to hold 'shift' when you do this to just update the spell token on the character sheet.
9. check this is now working and showing the correct size on a map. If its too big you need to increase the 'size per 5 units' and if its too small you need to reduce it. ( And then drag a new test spell token onto a map... until you are happy. )

Most spell tokens are normally 50 ( or 70 or 100) pixels per 5 foot. But could be anything if you have drawn it. But if you have the artwork and can look at its resolution and you know how big the spell covers, convert that into the grid box size and take the resolution and divide by the number of grid squares. ( These in 5e are the typical 'pixels per 5 unit' that are used. If you are in 4e then assume the setup as for 5e as the system automatically scales the sizes by '5' due to 4e ruleset counting in grid squares instead of feet. )

Hope this help,
-pete

( If you still have issue, consider posting some images of the stages you are at, and I can advise further. )

arcanjl
December 5th, 2021, 21:19
Worked like a charm - Thanks!!

bratch9
December 5th, 2021, 22:36
Worked like a charm - Thanks!!

You are welcome.

-pete

bratch9
December 6th, 2021, 20:02

This should be fixed in version 6.5. ( Should work on current and test releases. )

-pete

nephranka
December 6th, 2021, 20:09
This should be fixed in version 6.5. ( Should work on current and test releases. )

-pete

Great news. I will test it out. Thanks!

Edit: All looks good. No issues on test. Thanks!

Sesa
December 10th, 2021, 19:43
Is there a way to disable the vision of the spell tokens? I have set up a token for Dancing Lights, and it's way more convenient if the player moves it themselves. The token having vision however means they can now peak around corners etc. with the spell.

bratch9
December 11th, 2021, 11:59
Is there a way to disable the vision of the spell tokens? I have set up a token for Dancing Lights, and it's way more convenient if the player moves it themselves. The token having vision however means they can now peak around corners etc. with the spell.

At one stage I had a global option to enable/disable vision, but that was removed as it now check the 'Token (GM) party vision and movement' to control that.

I could add that option back in to disable all vision on spell tokens, not sure if this would stop it as the spell tokens belong to the respective player so I think the system would still process the spell token as addition vision to the player token.

I'll add a note in my todo list to check on this process and look to add an option if possible.

But I'm waiting now for the big ruleset change that was due out last week to arrive and cause a bunch of unknown issues... so i'm not sure when I'll get back to feature adding as I expect a bunch of bugs generated to need fixing !!

-pete

gmdmb3
December 23rd, 2021, 16:20
Is anyone else having an issue with this extension where it randomly places an invisible wall under the character token that blocks LOS and character token movement?

bratch9
December 26th, 2021, 14:17
Is anyone else having an issue with this extension where it randomly places an invisible wall under the character token that blocks LOS and character token movement?

No seen this. Can you give a little more context ?

ie,

1. What ruleset you are using.
2. does it happen on a specific spell token, or all when you place them.. ( ie can you sometimes get a fireball to work, and then sometimes fireball does the line of site blocker issues.. )
3. is this from an 'npc' spell token drop, a player spell token drop, or a spell token drop from the 'configuration' window.
4. if you move the token does the blocker to LOS move with the token or does it stay static in the place the spell token was initially placed ?
5. is this in combination with other extensions loaded ? ( Have you tried replicating with just the spell tokens extensions and a simple campaign file... ie some conflict between extensions ? )
6. is this FGU or FGC?

Thanks, Pete

zanaffar81
January 6th, 2022, 02:42
Im having a different problem, I dont have an area to type in a spell name, while using 5e core rule set. I have snipped a portion of a my screen to show how it appears in fantasy grounds 5e.

Thank you.

P.S. I have figured it out. Why is it I can never figure this stuff out until I ask for help. Must be a loose nut in my brain, lol. I never thought to click the shield on the far left, then type in the name on top of the new sub window.

bratch9
January 6th, 2022, 12:14
Im having a different problem, I dont have an area to type in a spell name, while using 5e core rule set. I have snipped a portion of a my screen to show how it appears in fantasy grounds 5e.

Thank you.

P.S. I have figured it out. Why is it I can never figure this stuff out until I ask for help. Must be a loose nut in my brain, lol. I never thought to click the shield on the far left, then type in the name on top of the new sub window.

While you can do that, its not the normal way to enter the name.

Not sure on what ruleset/pack you are using for that view... but if you make the window wider you should get a name on the main configuration window to edit the name. ( You can use the 'shield' to open up the optional 'lighting' effect pop-up, which has a 'linked' name... so you can edit the name from the main window or the pop up as you were doing.. )

Hope this helps.

-pete

( NOTE.. It might be that your spell configuration window is small ( and maybe size locked ), due to the art pack you are using... let me know which it is as it might need reporting for a compatibility update for min-width etc.. )

zanaffar81
January 6th, 2022, 13:01
Thank you for the reply and yes it worked when I unlocked then expanded the right side of the screen (face plant).

I have been playing around with this extension and its very fun to explore the different options. Thank you again for the reply and making an awesome extension.

Raddu
January 8th, 2022, 01:53
Just found a conflict with your extentions. The Advantages extension (which allows targeting based on drawing shape) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66564-Advantages-Extension-(FGU-5E)/page4

When I have your extension on the Advantages targeting doesn't work. I'd appreciate if you could work with Silent Ruin to figure out the issue. Thanks! Love the extension!

bratch9
January 9th, 2022, 21:25
Just found a conflict with your extentions. The Advantages extension (which allows targeting based on drawing shape) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66564-Advantages-Extension-(FGU-5E)/page4

When I have your extension on the Advantages targeting doesn't work. I'd appreciate if you could work with Silent Ruin to figure out the issue. Thanks! Love the extension!

I'll take a look, but the quick read on the forum I spotted that 'coned image.lua' to resolve some issues. Obviously Spell tokens has to deal with the 'image.lua' scripts to attach, so we both probably clone this file. My guess is my extension loads after and so my version 'take over' the one from 'Advantage' extension.

I'll see what was 'added' and have to add some extra code to detect the 'Advantage' extension and 'merge/call' the required code.

I do this for some other SilentRuin extensions to generate small 'patch' code detect and re-apply 'lost' calls like this.

I'll see if I can sort this out on monday when I have some time.

-pete

bratch9
January 14th, 2022, 14:48

Hi,

I've talked with Silent Ruin and its complex to merge due to the image.lua file is not designed to extend, so it tends to get replaced hence the merge issue.

He has split his extension into 3 parts, so you should be able to now use the main parts of that one and just use either the (pointer) PA.ext or my spell_tokens.ext. But you will have to pick which.

Hope this helps, let us both know if you really really need both to work together, but Silent Ruin class this as a high risk issue and he would prefer that the Dev team for FG implement something like his point target selection as c# native.

-pete

Raddu
January 14th, 2022, 16:41
Hi,

I've talked with Silent Ruin and its complex to merge due to the image.lua file is not designed to extend, so it tends to get replaced hence the merge issue.

He has split his extension into 3 parts, so you should be able to now use the main parts of that one and just use either the (pointer) PA.ext or my spell_tokens.ext. But you will have to pick which.

Hope this helps, let us both know if you really really need both to work together, but Silent Ruin class this as a high risk issue and he would prefer that the Dev team for FG implement something like his point target selection as c# native.

-pete

Ah, that's a bummer, but I understand and appreciate you looking into it. Decisions, decisions.

SteveStewart332
January 15th, 2022, 18:45
Hi Bratch9 - I have just purchased this on The Forge, and I do not see a spell tokens button in the sidebar, which (I guess) means I can't access the spell tokens for NPCs. Is there an idiot's guide somewhere so that idiots such as I can get this up and running? I am running fully updated FGU, 5e, I have the Spell Tokens add-on and am also using Critically Awesome Essentials with its spell token ability for PCs.

bratch9
January 16th, 2022, 19:02
Hi Bratch9 - I have just purchased this on The Forge, and I do not see a spell tokens button in the sidebar, which (I guess) means I can't access the spell tokens for NPCs. Is there an idiot's guide somewhere so that idiots such as I can get this up and running? I am running fully updated FGU, 5e, I have the Spell Tokens add-on and am also using Critically Awesome Essentials with its spell token ability for PCs.

the spell tokens button to open the spell tokens configuration, is under the 'library' drop down for the side bar. ( Or it should be.. )

-pete

SteveStewart332
January 17th, 2022, 18:57
Thanks Pete - found that. All I need to do now is figure out how to make it work! If there is an idiot's guide anywhere, that would be useful. Also got your Spell Domain extension - already proving to be really useful, thanks!