PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds and Rippers (Victorian Horror)

VenomousFiligree
May 20th, 2007, 21:25
I want to gauge what interest there would be in A Savage Worlds Rippers campaign. The campaign would be ready to run in early July. Due to my work schedules there will be periods of time where I won't be able to GM. Initially I'll be using FG1 with the Savage Worlds ruleset, then as they are (hopefully :) ) released, I'll be upgrading to the FG2 Savage Worlds ruleset, then the Rippers ruleset.

The campaign would be episodic (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/showthread.php?t=1140) in nature, meaning that each "session" would be run over 1 or 2 sittings (3 max), and each would be a complete adventure, however there would be a continuing story line.

This means that players don't have to be there for the entire campaign. I will be able to GM once maybe twice a week when I'm around. My times will always be 2100 onwards (UK time, GMT in the winter, GMT +1 in the summer). If other people want to GM, this can be arranged as well.

:)
MB

robocoastie
May 21st, 2007, 01:29
I'm interested.

gracefield
May 21st, 2007, 11:44
I'd be up for this one...:p

Gortrok
May 21st, 2007, 13:32
I'd be up for it too, but I don't know Savage Worlds, so I'll have to read up on it...

Elf
May 22nd, 2007, 13:48
I would be able to participate once every so often.. the episodic nature would be ideal for that purpose.

VenomousFiligree
May 22nd, 2007, 15:16
I'd be up for it too, but I don't know Savage Worlds, so I'll have to read up on it...

Gortrok, read this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6335) post then! :D

starrius
May 23rd, 2007, 17:46
i'd be interested tho i can't do tuesday or saturdays

l1wolf
May 23rd, 2007, 21:35
I would be interested depending on day/ime, and the completely new to the system factors.

VenomousFiligree
May 25th, 2007, 15:06
Can I ask anyone who's wanting to play to sign up in the www.rpgvirtualtabletop.com forums, where I'll set up a dedicated forum for discussion of the campaign.

MB

VenomousFiligree
June 2nd, 2007, 22:00
Thanks to starrius and gracefield, for posting their PCs on the RPG Virtual Tabletop forums.

This camapaign will be starting mid July! :)

MB

VenomousFiligree
July 8th, 2007, 21:04
OK I'm ready to go! :)

Players let me know when you want to get together for PC creation!

MB

starrius
July 12th, 2007, 18:42
I can't do saturdays. i can do sundays and have explained it to ya :D
during the week i am normally out tuesdays.

next week is atm in the air i have 4 job interviews so depending on those and if i manage to get a new job i may have to change my times available

scytale2
July 18th, 2007, 20:20
This campaign still on?

VenomousFiligree
July 18th, 2007, 21:19
This campaign still on?

I would like to think so!

Waiting for people to agree a date here (https://www.rpgvirtualtabletop.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=119).

MB

scytale2
July 18th, 2007, 22:53
You're right there are four people from this thread still to post:)

Tropico
August 3rd, 2007, 12:31
Thanks to MB for a creepy, immersive, atmospheric game on Wednesday.

The group we wound up with I thought was awesome, quite oddly-paired, yet still functional regardless. I do hope Nikia brought in some 'unpredictable-ness' to the whole thing ;)

By the way, I never did get to see what the **** was in that box, and somehow that just made it all the creepier :)

To anyone who hasn't yet tried Savage Worlds, please be certain to do so. I've been in two roleplay-heavy sessions this week, the other being Scytale's game which used d20, even even though both were excellent, it impressed me how much more unobtrusive and transparent SW's system was when it came to the dice. The whole thing really stays in the background and lets the people in it shine. I think as a system it is almost ideally suited for online tabletop gaming.

Anyway, hope to see everyone back on wednesday.

scytale2
August 3rd, 2007, 14:19
Yes, I enjoyed the session a lot, despite the lack of die-rolling:P

It's amazing how much more fun it is when everyone can roleplay a bit. You did a great job roleplaying the kid, Tropico and I meant to say so on the day!

VenomousFiligree
August 3rd, 2007, 17:45
Glad you enjoyed it! I know I did. :)

Should be a bit of "die rolling" in the next one!

MB