PDA

View Full Version : tears for no decals with Tasha's

Leisure Muffin
November 18th, 2020, 23:17
haha just as the title says. Guess i have to finally figure out how to make my own. I'm on a mac so no decal maker software for me.

Neovirtus
November 19th, 2020, 03:52
I agree, I love the new decals that used to come with WotC books. Really wish they would continue to do Decals.

LordEntrails
November 19th, 2020, 05:08
www.fg-con.com has a tutorial in the download section.

I think they stopped doing them because of the large number of support tickets they got from people turning on every decal they had in a campaign and causing problems.

Trenloe
November 19th, 2020, 10:30
As LordEntrails mentioned, there were performance issues with GMs turning on every decal extension available - each decal is loaded when the campaign starts, even if it isn't displayed. This occurs on the GM and the Player Side. Loading a bunch of decal extensions were causing big resource issues.

Milmoor
November 21st, 2020, 20:06
But until one starts removing decals, the problem will persist. Worst of both worlds, both no decals and still performance issues. How about renaming the decals, for example "D&D decal (choose only one)"?

GavinRuneblade
November 22nd, 2020, 18:27
But until one starts removing decals, the problem will persist. Worst of both worlds, both no decals and still performance issues. How about renaming the decals, for example "D&D decal (choose only one)"?

Alternate solution: Change the decal list from a checkbox select all to a radial button select one. (requires moving it out of the extensions list).

Milmoor
November 22nd, 2020, 20:09
Alternate solution: Change the decal list from a checkbox select all to a radial button select one. (requires moving it out of the extensions list).
That's the real solution, but it involves programming. I was looking for a workaround which could be swiftly implemented.