PDA

View Full Version : Questions about images in Unity

mclimbin
November 18th, 2020, 18:27
Hi all,
I have two quick questions:
1. Is there a way to store images to share later? Before the game as preparation, I'd like to collect some images of magic items, and then have them available in an easy way during the game. I have been using quick slots at the bottom of the screen, but I was wondering if there was another way.

2. For the images, is there a way to change the name of the image so the players don't know right away what the item is? For example, I'd like to show them the image of a ring of protection, but I don't want them to read the title of the image until after they have identified it. I notice that some maps are marked "unidentified image", but the images of magic items from the DMG don't have this secondary unidentified title. When I try to click on the lock to change something, the mouse-over message says "read only". Do I have to import that image from another source to get an image with no title? Or is there a better way to do this?
Edit: OK, duh, I notice the ID toggle at the top of the image, but the same problem still exists, because not all of the images have that option available...

Edit: (for the first question) It just occurred to me that I could pin short cuts of the images to the map. Maybe that is how most people do it?

Thanks!

Trenloe
November 18th, 2020, 18:36
1) Short cuts can be put in a bunch of places. I'd usually have a story entry with stuff like this in it.

2) Use the Image identification functionality. For small (narrow) images the unidentified fields might not be seen - expand (resize) the image horizontally to see the "ID" button - click this so it has the red-slash indicator before you share the image.

mclimbin
November 18th, 2020, 19:02
Oh my gosh! I just needed to expand the image frame! That is kind of embarrassing that I didn't figure that out. Thanks for your patience!

Trenloe
November 18th, 2020, 19:06
LOL - no worries. There's a few things that hide off to the right of narrow images - most you don't need (assuming they're not maps) but the ID button is one you do.