PDA

View Full Version : Allowing reviews for purchases in FGs store?

vaughnlannister
November 18th, 2020, 13:09
Hi,

I was wondering, if in the future it would be possible to allow to write reviews on purchases in the FGs store.

When I look to buy something on DMSguild I always look at the reviews and how many stars a product has, it gets me over the line to buy an adventure.
For the FGs store though, there are no reviews, I know there is a 30-days money back guarantee, which is great!
Though it would be nice to read about other peoples experiences with the product, its fun to read people that are positive about them as well as critical reviews from people that have more experience and played a lot of different campaigns.

Thanks!

bmos
November 18th, 2020, 13:23
Agreed!
Reviews give a place for critiques such as data issues and/or tables that are only in reference manual/not rollable.
This would encourage improvement of modules and also help new users have more realistic expectations.

superteddy57
November 18th, 2020, 14:50
For issues related to the modules and such, it would be best to direct those critiques and bugs to the ruleset specific bug report threads. We direct developers to subscribe and monitor those threads for such reasons. Helps keeps things in one place and not get lost, thusly delay in resolving said issues.

Nylanfs
November 18th, 2020, 15:52
My review: Everything is great, just buy everything in the store. :D

Valyar
November 18th, 2020, 15:57
My review: Everything is great, just buy everything in the store. :D

My wallet does not approve this statement! :D Especially the Beasts & Barbarians... 25USD for EACH book is atrocity that I can't accept yet.

bmos
November 18th, 2020, 16:54
For issues related to the modules and such, it would be best to direct those critiques and bugs to the ruleset specific bug report threads. We direct developers to subscribe and monitor those threads for such reasons. Helps keeps things in one place and not get lost, thusly delay in resolving said issues.Perhaps these should be linked from the store pages, then. This would help educate the buyer as to the current bug-iness or lack thereof.

Jiminimonka
November 22nd, 2020, 23:11
Hi,

I was wondering, if in the future it would be possible to allow to write reviews on purchases in the FGs store.

When I look to buy something on DMSguild I always look at the reviews and how many stars a product has, it gets me over the line to buy an adventure.
For the FGs store though, there are no reviews, I know there is a 30-days money back guarantee, which is great!
Though it would be nice to read about other peoples experiences with the product, its fun to read people that are positive about them as well as critical reviews from people that have more experience and played a lot of different campaigns.

Thanks!

If its an official module for D&D or another game produced by someone other than Smiteworks, then you can look elsewhere for reviews on blogs etc.

Bug reports should not be made as reviews, because they are entirely different from whether the actual adventure (or whatever it is) is fun/useful etc.