PDA

View Full Version : LOS in official adventures maps

dawnstorm
November 17th, 2020, 22:20
Hi.
I'd like to know in how many, and which ones, WOTC official adventures LOS are included in maps.
I have Storm King's Thunder but i seems you've to buy an addon on DM Guild to have LOS on maps.

Zacchaeus
November 17th, 2020, 22:26
All of the WotC adventures have LOS added. You can see the LOS symbol on the store page where a module has LOS on it.

There is nothing you can buy from anywhere that will add LOS to any module so I’m not sure to what you are referring. Storm Kings Thunder has LOS on all of the relevant maps.

And welcome to FG.

dawnstorm
November 19th, 2020, 15:36
Is it possible that, since this version of SKT was purchased years ago, before FGU release, that's not equipped with LoS?

LordEntrails
November 19th, 2020, 15:39
Is it possible that, since this version of SKT was purchased years ago, before FGU release, that's not equipped with LoS?
It has been updated. See the store page for the product and look for the "LOS" icon below the image. If the campaign predates the inclusion of LOS in a module, the GM may need to do a Revert Changes ont eh module or at least the image.

dawnstorm
November 19th, 2020, 15:41
Does the thing works simply downloading again the package?

LordEntrails
November 19th, 2020, 16:20
Does the thing works simply downloading again the package?
Just run an update of FG. When you do that any changes to DLC will result in the DLC getting updated on your system. Note that if you have an existing campaign running and you have made modifications to a data object (story, image, map, parcel, etc) then FG will not overwrite your changes and you will not see updates to those objects. You will need to either do a Revert Changes on the whole module (from the module activation screen, right mouse) or from the object list itself for the modified item (as indicated by the feather pen icon, and reverted by right mouse).

johnecc
November 21st, 2020, 07:08
Dawnstorm, did you purchase the module from Smiteworks or from Dmsguild? If you purchased from Dsmguild, it says you have to register your purchase with the products manufacturer, aka Smiteworks. I assume this is so that you will get updates automatically. If you didn’t register, that would explain why you don’t have LOS.

YamaShintaku
March 29th, 2021, 17:14
I'm having a similar issue (except on the Storm Lord's Wrath module). I purchased all from that campaign scenario (Dragon of Icespire Peak, Storm Lord's Wrath, Sleeping Dragon's Wake, and Divine Contention). LoS works in all of them except Storm Lord's Wrath. When I open any player map (e.g. Thunder Cliffs - Player), the LoS does not turn on. When I click Enable LoS it darkens the map, but a player placement clears that darkness up immediately. If I click the Line of Sight (wall icon), nothing happens. In all other adventures, the LoS waypoints appear when you click that LoS Icon. I purchased all of the modules through Smiteworks, and I am playing in FGU with an Ultimate License. I update FGU weekly on Tuesday afternoons.

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2021, 17:43
Yes, it looks like the LoS data is missing from that module. I'll alert the developer.

YamaShintaku
January 20th, 2022, 15:10
Yes, it looks like the LoS data is missing from that module. I'll alert the developer.

Did you ever get any update on this? The Thunder Cliffs still does not have LoS. Thanks!

Zacchaeus
January 20th, 2022, 16:36
Did you ever get any update on this? The Thunder Cliffs still does not have LoS. Thanks!

The module certainly contains the xml file for LoS so I'm assuming that it does. You are looking at the players map right? The DM map won't have LoS.

YamaShintaku
January 20th, 2022, 16:55
The module certainly contains the xml file for LoS so I'm assuming that it does. You are looking at the players map right? The DM map won't have LoS.

Yes, I am using the Player map versions... Some of the maps do contain LoS. e.g. Wayside Inn Player, Lizardfolk Camp, and Backlot in Town all have LoS working. However, two of the maps that would work well with LoS: Ruined Tower and Thunder Cliffs (both Players versions) do not have LoS available to them.

LordEntrails
January 20th, 2022, 17:10
I'm seeing LOS on both of those maps. As said, make sure you are using the "Player" versions of the maps, as the ones without that in the name do not have the LOS. You may need to try in a new campaign with no extensions. If that works, then revert changes on the maps in your play campaign. If that doesn't work, you may need to delete the module from the vault and Update.

Zacchaeus
January 20th, 2022, 17:16
Yes, I am using the Player map versions... Some of the maps do contain LoS. e.g. Wayside Inn Player, Lizardfolk Camp, and Backlot in Town all have LoS working. However, two of the maps that would work well with LoS: Ruined Tower and Thunder Cliffs (both Players versions) do not have LoS available to them.

Both of those have Line of sight when I test. Go into your vault folder in FG Data and delete the file WOTC5ESLW.dat and do an update. If that doesn't fix the issue make sure you don't have a module called Storm Lord's Wrath in your modules folder. If so delete it.

YamaShintaku
January 20th, 2022, 17:42
Both of those have Line of sight when I test. Go into your vault folder in FG Data and delete the file WOTC5ESLW.dat and do an update. If that doesn't fix the issue make sure you don't have a module called Storm Lord's Wrath in your modules folder. If so delete it.

I deleted from Vault and updated. It fixed the Wayside Inn, but not Thunder Cliffs. Next, I removed the associated XML file and replaced with a clean one from another campaign. That did it. Thanks for your help!

Moon Wizard
January 20th, 2022, 17:43
Also, make sure that you right click on the module in the Library->Modules window and select Revert to reset the module back to the default state for that module. If you had opened those images previously in that campaign, then the original data would be remembered, not the new updates.

Regards,
JPG