PDA

View Full Version : Characters

Stuart
May 18th, 2007, 19:45
I have imported all my FG1 player characters to FGII; I can see them in the db.xml and in the FGII character selection window butwhen a player logs on he cannot see any characters ?

The log on name matches the "owner" tag in the db.xml ?

Himo
May 18th, 2007, 19:56
Im trying a reinstall of FG2, hoping that might help.

Stuart
May 18th, 2007, 20:09
Tried modifying the character sheets in the db.xml and now the campaign crashes FG ... the naming/layout is slightly different with <character name></character name> now replaced by <id-0000X></id-0000x> and the character sheet in between.

Will try again ..... but am rapidly losing the will to live frankly.:mad:

Himo
May 18th, 2007, 20:13
Can't seem to log on at all anymore.

"Could not connect to host"
"Check the address and try again"

Which suggests its not up at the minute.

Stuart
May 18th, 2007, 20:15
Think I have it :confused: Try again.

Himo
May 18th, 2007, 20:19
Finally got back on but still no characters also having trouble actually getting a new character to come up.

Script Error: ["scripts/identityselection_newentry_base.lua"]:18 Specified indentiy already requested

Yet thats when i double click, but nothing seems to happen when i single click.
Also sometimes when i double click it doesnt happen either its very weird.

Stuart
May 18th, 2007, 20:24
OK ... let me wait and see if anyone has a solution ... I have 21 characters to transfer and 3 different campaign modules to transfer. Longarms, how did you transfer our New Pisian characters so effortlessly ?

Stuart
May 18th, 2007, 20:30
Tokens placed in the tokens/shared are not visible to players either ? Do these have to be in Programs/FGII etc rather than where custom rulesets/mods go ?

Honestly guys ... I know there have been numerous posts answering all of this stuff but ... some documentation to go alongside a new version would have been nice.

Griogre
May 18th, 2007, 23:48
Characters come over without notes or spellbooks or weapon slots. If they need the notes I suggest you cut an paste them into a storybook entry. If for some reason any of your campaigns didn't come over or you want to bring over more recent ones you can cut and paste the campaigns into campaigns in FG2 (in the data folder - not under program files - see below).

Tokens need to go into the FG2 data folder not in program files. You can find this folder by pressing the start button and going the FG2 folder there is an entry called Application Data Folder. Click on this to open it. Drop the tokens in tokens\shared or tokens\host. I believe you can still also put the tokens in under the campaign for host tokens though I haven't tried.

Stuart
May 18th, 2007, 23:57
Thanks Griogre - I placed the tokens in the correct folder then ... but they do not show up for players.

The character sheet issue is still unresolved - I will have another look at it all in the morning.:(

Griogre
May 19th, 2007, 00:45
Tokens work very differently. Even the shared ones are no longer transfered. Ask your players if they are getting notices that files are not transfering. I noticed that in the first few of my games there was a fair but low percentage amount of tokens not transfering successfully and it was different tokens for different people. Eventually over the course of several games this seemed to stop.