PDA

View Full Version : issues with drag and drop in character creation

dave amass
November 16th, 2020, 22:13
i recently bought castles and crusades , downloaded and then tried to create a character . the drag and drop function for classes and race does not work , you can drag it into ability's and the class and race ability's come up but nothing on the front sheet . You can manually write in the characters class and race etc , you can drag over inventory but it does not calculate ac or attacks on the combat page etc

I did email FG support and they directed me here

thanks

damned
November 16th, 2020, 22:36
Welcome dave amass

Castles & Crusades does not support drag and drop race and Class character creation

Every ruleset has different levels of coding built in.

Trenloe
November 18th, 2020, 13:04
To clarify what @damned says - Castles & Crusades doesn't support full character creation automation - like a most FG rulesets.

As the OP mentions, you can drag/drop races and classes - you then have to make a few addition entries on the main and combat tab. This can be easily done with reference to the race and class record, and the abilities added when drag/dropping these to the character sheet. Once these basic settings are done, dragging weapons to the Inventory tab will add an attack/damage entry to the combat tab - with the defaul attack bonus populated from the to hit bonus section of the same tab. The drag/drop population of data still goes a long way towards speeding up and keeping track of PC changes