PDA

View Full Version : Adding a module to a different ruleset

mutantVenemy
November 16th, 2020, 20:37
Cheers guys. I was wondering: Is it possible to add a module to a different ruleset? Specifically, I want to add the "Crypt of the Everflame" to a DnD 5e campaign.

My reason: I'm using FGU as a DM screen and am playing with a couple of students of mine in a school club. I'm using a projector for the party to move through Faerun (maps, tokens, you get the gist). Now, I don't need the implemented rules too much but I need their character sheet (hence the 5e ruleset) and I need the maps and a couple of pictures of NPCs and so on from the adventure path module - fluff mostly.
So I thought I'd buy the crypt and just add the stuff I need, with it being perfectly implemented already, so I don't have to scan, upload, and so on. It was then I realised I wasn't able to choose it from the modules since it's another ruleset.

Is there any option I've missed, or a workaround that isn't too tricky?

Sulimo
November 16th, 2020, 20:41
Give the Universal Module (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41034-Universal-Module-Extension) extension a try.

That should get your the maps and story entries. See the thread for more details. It won't convert everything; for example, NPCs, encounters, etc. because those are setup for the specific ruleset in question.

mutantVenemy
November 16th, 2020, 20:56
Give the Universal Module (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41034-Universal-Module-Extension) extension a try.

That should get your the maps and story entries. See the thread for more details. It won't convert everything; for example, NPCs, encounters, etc. because those are setup for the specific ruleset in question.

Ha, great, just what I was looking for. It's working! Thank you very much. :)

ddavison
November 16th, 2020, 21:30
You can also use any maps, tokens or images from any module you own by accessing it from the Assets window. You just won't get story text entries, NPCs, etc.

mutantVenemy
November 16th, 2020, 21:33
You can also use any maps, tokens or images from any module you own by accessing it from the Assets window. You just won't get story text entries, NPCs, etc.

Ah, that's good to know, too. Thanks!