PDA

View Full Version : New custom campaign

Mammon
May 18th, 2007, 17:02
Hi all who are interrested. Im making a game called Quest for Camealot, with my twist so it wont be boring. Its a custom campain for three or four second level charectors. It will be 50%hack & slash, 50%adventureing, 40%dungeon crawling, 10%figureing stuff out, and a small touch of being awesome. Times are open, but prefered on friday or saturday. Im using ver3.5 D&D rules, so i would like it if people had the books.

Honduras
May 18th, 2007, 20:36
I can play saturdays. I'm GMT +1

edit: Available from 09:00 to 12:00, from 12:45 to 18:00 and from 18:45 to 22:00 my time.

preferred class: any will do (wondering if you accept characters from the complete series?)

btw, I'm an experienced player too.

Mammon
May 20th, 2007, 22:40
Sounds good, any class would do. Im hoping for at least one fighter though, that would help the group. Edit: any class form the complete seris would do
P.S. You should be of a good alignment... One charactor needs to be LG.

Honduras
May 21st, 2007, 12:32
I'll take a human samurai then. That's a "tank" class and it's what I have in mind for playing.

EDIT: do we use rolled stats or point buy? I'm allready creating the character.

Mammon
May 22nd, 2007, 15:15
you can use point or roll, whitchever you find better. I personally prefer rolling characters but its your choice. A samari would be good. :) Im also useing FG II, Just to let you know

Honduras
May 22nd, 2007, 15:37
Character has been made with rolled stats. Now only thing we need are 3 more players.

Bware
May 22nd, 2007, 18:34
I available too at those times.

Depends when ur campaign woudl statr, coz i'll be on holiday from 8 till 28 june ...

No preferred classes, i just like colorfull people :-)

starrius
May 22nd, 2007, 21:39
hello i'm new to this site. i have got the lite version is that enough to join the game? i know the d20dnd 3.5 and eberron well so will only need help using the program

Honduras
May 23rd, 2007, 12:37
Yes, that will be enough Starrius. The program itself isn't that hard to learn.

Plagy
May 23rd, 2007, 15:53
I'm new to the site and new to FG and I want to play.:)

Mammon
May 24th, 2007, 03:49
Well thats three people! I will probably start the first game on Saturday June 2nd. But im wondering if anyone knows how to add the game to the game calender? That would be helpful.

Honduras
May 24th, 2007, 12:39
At the botom of the calendar page there is a link "add new game". Click that and you'll create it.

Mammon
May 24th, 2007, 15:21
Sweet we have three players. The next game is going to be on June 2nd, On a saterday. All classes are open, just be some sort of good alignement. Just to let you know, there will be alot of reading to start the campaign. I just have to add my game to the calender.

Mammon
May 24th, 2007, 15:26
Ok just sign up and we can start

starrius
May 24th, 2007, 19:57
any chance not a saturday or tuesday asthere my acually pnp rp days

Honduras
May 25th, 2007, 12:30
I cannot play any other day besides saturday...

Killian
May 25th, 2007, 15:50
Hi, i am looking for a game to be part of and this one sounds exactly what i'm looking for.

I'm afraid I'm not familair with the theme you're going for. Are there any guidelines such as races that we cannot play or themes that would be inappropiate? Right now I am probably thinking of a ranger or druid.

Also, what time do you begin?

Mammon
May 25th, 2007, 20:17
Sure Killian I could have 4 players, a druid or ranger would be fine. This is basicly D&D just a custom campain. Im thinking 1 or 2-o-clock on a saturday, (GMT) just make your charector good alinged. :)

And Starrius, we could only play on a saturday, im all filled up. Sorry if that dosnt work. we might have three players after all. :P

Honduras
May 27th, 2007, 07:38
When will you accept us in the calendar? Been a couple of days now since you put it up. You put it up twice actually.

Mammon
May 28th, 2007, 08:34
Ya my comp is realllllly slow it takes a day or two to post anything, so i posted it twice and it still didnt show up. Sry... ill hook you up now

Honduras
May 30th, 2007, 18:12
Well, we only have 2 active players yet, so I figure we can use another 2.

We currently have a knight and wizard, so we definatly can use a rogue and divine spellcaster.

Killian
June 1st, 2007, 21:54
Dunno how you guys do this but I'm posting a character history for my Knight. It's pretty setting neutral I hope so shouldn't upset any of the dynamics

Sir Kasper raised the visor of his steel helm to spit on the ground, the heat and sweat of the whole day riding in full armour giving everything a metallic tang, even the water he had gulped down moments before. His horse was now at trot as they had reached the beaten path and broke from the light woodland. The heavily built Ardenne horse could work loads almost equal to that expected of an ox yet still break to gallop with a fully armoured man atop him but even the heavily constituted beast showed signs of tiring. The smell of blood and the ring of steel ahead though caused him to swivel his ears in the direction, Sir Kasper following suit.

The goblin tribe had been on the move for weeks now but Chieftain Glimsh was eager to keep moving. His lads had avoided any real resistance but they were still a week's travel from the river that marked the border between a neighbouring tribe, and Glimsh was anxious to have eager and untired numbers with which to kill their men and claim their females for breeding. This hamlet had proved little use with dwindling stocks and most of the locals were dead by now. He slapped away a snivelling runt that had made form the roasted pig leg that sat next to him and watched with a tired eye, eager to get a move on. In the pig pen was an unarmed and naked man, one of the locals bloodied and missing a hand from the initial combat of thier arrival. His prize warrior Ylsik had a curved scimitar in one hand while the other held a rope attached to the man's neck. With a jerk and a pull the man staggered towards him and the curved blade tore through his abdomen with a cheer from the goblins crowding for the performance. The remainder of the villagers looked on bound to posts, now all girls. With a roar Ylsik buried the sword into the back of the fallen man and called out for another. The beat of hooves from the road wasn't heard until the knight was almost atop them.

Releasing the lance from his grasp as it buried itself into one of the sentries Sir Kasper drew his sword and urged the horse forward. Rearing and kicking out to smash the skulls of more goblins the steed ploughed through their small bodies running in confusion until he reached the bound captives. Slicing through their ropes Sir Kasper slid from his horse to face his foes, shield in his right hand he raised his sword and bellowed a challenge. The goblin in the sty came rushing towards him but his thrust was over-extended and easily parried before the goblin's head rolled in the dirt from a deft swipe. Others cowered fom the armoured man and attempted to flee while other tried to crowd and rush him.

Glimsh still had the leg of pork in one hand as he ran, having sent his guards to slay the knight he didn't look to see if they fared much chance as he broke for the road and the woodland short distance away. A broom handle swung from his peripheral vision and connected with his pointed nose with a sickening crunch. Looking up from the mud he saw one of the human captives, a girl of about a dozen winters, barely his his own height and small for a human. Her blonde hair was streaked in mud and rope still trailed from her wrists but the handle was grasped firmly as she swung a second time, silent but jaw set square with determination. The blow struck Glimsh like an anvil, stars and colours dancing before his eyes. That girl was strong! Staggering to his feet leaving a pool of blood from his broken nose Glimsh broke into a run, but the child followed him with swift feet. Another strike to his back and he was floored again. Fumbling for his dagger the goblin chief snarled and showed rows of sharp teeth as he turned on the girl. He rushed her as she swung the handle again but saw nothing more as the broom handle crushed his eye socket, the goblin dying on the ground a few minutes later oblivious to the world.

Sir Kasper wiped clean his sword and looked around. Most of the goblins had fled, having neither the skill nor weapons to challenge a skilled wariior in full plate armour. The surviving villagers seemed unharmed if shaken. He looked over to see a child heading across to him, a battered and stained broom handle in her small hands, and behind her the body of a goblin that had probably been running away. A dark red stain was upon her shoulder but she showed no sign of noticing.

"Teach me to fight" She said, looking up at him.

"Hmph, no child you're too old to squire, and besides you're a girl. Go back to your family." Sir Kasper moved to his horse and checked him for wounds, the request already forgotten"

"My father's lying in the pen, dead. Teach me to fight like you, to kill." She had a sternness to her voice and barely contained rage.

"That's not what I do, a Knight draws his blade to save lives, to uphold the code he lives by. It's not for you" Sir Kasper reached for the reins to swing him back up on the horse. A small hand grabbed for his arm and wrestled him back. For her size the child had an iron grip and he was momentarily surprised by her strength.

"Yes, it is. You'll teach me or I'll follow you and learn by watching."

"Well aren't you a stubborn one? What's you're name?"

"Cassandra."

Nine years later

It was outside Bridgford Manor that Cassandra practiced her swordsmanship. She held a small buckler in her right hand, wielding the sword in her left like Sir Kasper. Her shoulder length hair was tied in a simple ponytail so as not to obscure her vision. The rugged lifestyle of a squire showed in an athletic physique, her arms and shoulders well defined, and while not big boned she didn't appear anything like the frail under-fed women of court. The sword was straight edged and years of practice made the heavy blade light in her hand as swung and twisted the blade against the armoured mannequin. The bladed edge must only strike on a telling blow, the flat must be used to parry and deflect else the sword is notched and useless. Sweat dripped from her forehead as she struck with blurring speed, aware of how much slower armour would make her. The call to dinner sounded dear and welcome as her shoulders sagged and she sheathed the blade. Carrying the mannequin inside she had to hurry to change in time. Sir Kasper may have long dismissed thinking of her as not equal to men in martial potential and prowess, but he still insisted on all their meals to be formal affairs and she was to dress accordingly. Even hurried the time combing through snags and the tightness of evening gowns was not something she welcomed. But later she was glad of having spent the time to be presentable as later at dinner, in front of the town sheriff, foremen and some visiting noblemen from the castle Sir Kasper named her released from her squireship, and a knight errant. Without land or a noble title she could not be like Sir Kasper, but instead could roam from towns and countrysides in search of quests and times in which the code and the laws of the land were under threat. The night was spent toasting her success and in the morning with armour, weapons and horse as well as an edict from Sir Kasper endorsing her status Cassandra left to begin her own journey.

Sorry that got a bit long. Looking forward to the game tommorrow.

Honduras
June 2nd, 2007, 05:02
Great story Killian. I hope it won't be made for nothing.

db48x
June 2nd, 2007, 11:01
I'm still pending in the calendar, but I'd love to play. I'm putting the finishing touches on a ranger. I still need to name him too.

Honduras
June 2nd, 2007, 11:32
You'll probably be invited soon, as we only have 2 actives atm. Hang in there.

db48x
June 2nd, 2007, 13:22
Yea :)

Silly question though, didn't the calendar show the game as starting a few minutes ago? Maybe once the start time passes it no longer shows it.

If the game is starting, what's the connection info?

Honduras
June 2nd, 2007, 13:44
The time gets removed 2 hours prior to the time. If you get accepted you'll see the alias you need. The game didn't start today though.

db48x
June 2nd, 2007, 13:53
Ah, ok. Do you know when the game will start?

Honduras
June 2nd, 2007, 13:58
No idea. I hope Mammon will come trough for us next week

Killian
June 2nd, 2007, 14:03
There could have been some confusion between British Summer Time and Greenwich Mean time. It's just turned 2PM BST an hour after GMT. I'll keep checking just in case.

Honduras
June 2nd, 2007, 22:21
l1wolf and db48x have been accepted. Congratz guys, hope to game with you next week saturday.

Honduras
June 7th, 2007, 15:19
Exerpt from the calendar chat:

Killian:
Jun 7th 18:01 Very sorry guys but I just got offered a job, and it means I can't make sessions as I will regularly be working Saturdays. I realyl hope you can find somebody else or you will be ok. Feel free to remove me from the list.

Means we need 1 more player.
We currently have a wizard, cleric and ranger. Starting lvl 3, rolled abilities.

Calendar name: Quest For Camelot

Likely gametime: 2pm GMT (4pm CET)

Mammon
June 13th, 2007, 02:06
More people are welcome to join.
We have three, and i might be able to get in more than four into my campaign.

Mammon, The Gamemaster