PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Campaign

AndyPan
May 18th, 2007, 16:38
I am currently running an Eberron campaign with a group that meets on Tuesday nights. I have been considering starting up an additional group for a while, so thought I would throw this up on the boards and see if there'd be any interest. It'll be set in Eberron, obviously, and will begin with the Forgotten Forge mini-module included at the end of the ECS, and continue into the other mods in the series. Characters will start at level one.

A few things for consideration:
1) Start Time: I am looking to start up the game probably sometime around mid-June. I have either Monday or Friday as potential days for the game sessions, start time to be between 7 PM and 7:30 PM, EST. Because of scheduling difficulties experienced before, I'd like to keep any potential players within the EST time zone, or CST at the very least.
2) Party make-up: I would like to keep the total amount of characters to 4 max. Whether this is 4 players with one character each, or two players with 2 characters each, doesn't matter, but I would like to keep the character total to 4, just for simplicity's sake. I usually like to see a fighter/healer/mage/thief group, but will be willing to work with alternate combos, so long as everyone knows going into the game what potential weaknesses there may be. Also, I request that all players be over 18. My game can get pretty graphic, and would prefer to cater to an adult group. Sorry, just have had bad experiences with a younger audience that I don't wish to repeat.
3) Allowed Content: I am pretty easy about allowing most things into my games, as long as it is documented in any OFFICIAL printed source. I have a pretty extensive collection of the sourcebooks, so as long as what you want to use is in one of those books (and I actually HAVE that book), it will be allowed. Home-brew stuff such as invented spells or psionic powers will be extensively researched and tested before being allowed.
4) Know the setting: As this is an Eberron campaign, knowledge of that setting is a must. I don't expect anyone to know what the population of Zilargo is, but I would expect players to know what a dragonshard or Sharn is. If you have read the ECS cover to cover, and have read the Forgotten Forge adventure, you'll be expected to play dumb. :-)
5) Role-Play: My games tend to be heavy on role-play. If your tendency is more toward hack-n-slash, this game is not for you. I encourage and reward excellent role-play. With my current group, we have some sessions where there's no combat at all, and all role-play, and I consider some of those my best sessions. Be prepared to BE your character.
6) Scheduling: As mentioned above, I intend to start the sessions at 7-7:30 PM. I email game session reminders to all players the day of the game, if not the night before. If a player can not make the session, I need to know as soon as possible, so the other players are not made to wait for a player who does not show. As much as I know schedules can change in an instant, I also view signing up for the game as a commitment to show up on time for each scheduled session. Please consider your availabilty before signing up.

I think those are the major points I like potential players to know about my game. I'm not a know-all DM, and there are times when I fumble, but I like to think I put on a good game. I put a lot of effort into prepping an adventure for players, from maps to good NPC interaction, and can only hope my players enjoy themselves. If you're interested in joining, please respond to this post or shoot me a private message. Please indicate what time zone you're in, preference for day to play (Mon or Fri), and a character class preference. Look forward to hearing from you!

robocoastie
May 18th, 2007, 19:46
I'm interested. There any way the game could be much later though? Like 10pm or later? Prime time is difficult for this family man.

AndyPan
May 18th, 2007, 23:43
Unfortunately, due to my own schedule as a business owner, I am unable to run a late night game. Sorry.

AndyPan
May 25th, 2007, 14:21
Just bumping this up. I see it's gotten a few hits, so hope to hear something soon. Thx.

gracefield
May 26th, 2007, 21:04
I would love to get involved, but I'm GMT - so your 7.30pm is 11/30pm here. Is there any chance of a slightly earlier start?:)

irondog
May 31st, 2007, 23:10
I'm interested. I'm in CST and my Monday night game is waning. I'd play almost anything but that said, I've been thinking about a Bugbear fighter/rogue maybe from Darguun? Your thoughts?

Habbalah
June 1st, 2007, 07:28
I would be interested. I am in the central time zone, but I work nights on Fridays, so I would prefer the game to be on Monday nights. I'd prefer to play a changeling rogue or maybe a shifter ranger or rogue.

Right now all I have is the demo version of Fantasy Grounds. I don't know if that will cause problems later.

AndyPan
June 1st, 2007, 14:20
Irondog: Love the bugbear idea. I'm game for anything you have mind to play. We'll be starting in Sharn, so you want to keep that in mind when coming up with the character's backstory, so that he has a reason to be so far from Darguun. Otherwise, the tank is yours! :-)

Habbalah, changling rogue is fine. But yes, there will be a problem with having only the demo. The demo will only connect to a demo, and not a full license. You'll need to acquire at the least a lite license in order to connect. Hope to hear from you.

Anyone else that replies, please note I am going on vacation for a week, so I will get back to you once I return. Still shooting for a mid-June start up, and Monday is looking like game day.

irondog
June 1st, 2007, 15:28
More info, Fridays won't work for me but Mondays are perfect. I'm central time zone but 7:30 eastern is 6:30 here and that works just fine. I'll run any type of character the party needs, so if someone else really wants to play the tank that's ok by me. I'll fill in whatever role we are lacking.

AndyPan
June 1st, 2007, 19:35
Monday's it is. Have finalized a changling lurk, and have a warforged fighter in the wings. Thought the lurk might be a rogue, but while it does have some rogue attributes, still lacking the trapfinding/lock opening variety. So a healer, mage, or rogue character would be great. (I'll even forgo my original limit of 4 characters, simply because I'd like to have a well-rounded party, but the lurk is just too faciniating a charcater type to pass up!)

Will check back on this in a week. Later! Off to sun and fun!

Habbalah
June 1st, 2007, 22:09
Ok, I've been debating whether or not to get the full license. I'll go ahead and pick it up in time for the game to start (whenever that will be). I've been thinking that I might want to run my own campaign sometime so I'll go with the full license. I'm also not certain if I want to run a rogue from the PHB or the changeling variant from the Races of Eberron. I guess part of it will depend on whether or not someone wants to pick up those breaking and entering type of skills. Luckily, rogues can vary so much that you can have two or even three in a party and not feel like things are getting redundant.

AndyPan
June 2nd, 2007, 00:19
If you think you might want to run your own campaign at some point, then yes, I would definitely encourage getting the full license. I have two, myself, one which is loaded on a laptop, just so can add campaign materials on the go. If a rogue class if your plan, then it's yours, and we'll only need a healer and mage to round out the party. I like backstories for characters, though they can be detailed as you want to get; I just like a sense of who the character is, cuz you never know if it's something I can weave into the campaign.

If you could do me a favor, and just sign up on the calendar linked below. I will be using the calendar to set the start time and finalize all game details. Thanks a lot, and I'll talk to you in a week!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=172

Habbalah
June 2nd, 2007, 06:54
Ok I've added myself to the calander. I'll have to think up a good concept, but right now I have a 'con man' kind of idea in mind. She would probably work in one of the red light districts in Sharn. I think there's one called Dragonfire or Dragonlight. I can't remember. But, I'll have to see how the skill points play out. I'll write up a much more detailed background and send it to you.

Dedeko
June 2nd, 2007, 22:09
I have signed up as well. I will post a link to my character so you can guesstimate through https://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/

AndyPan
June 9th, 2007, 18:30
Dedeko, The link you posted seems to be a member-only site. If you have some sort of "hard copy" of the character, please email me at andypan at cox dot net, or at the least, PM your character concept. Thanks.

Aside from Dedeko, I have finalized four characters: a WF fighter, a WF artificer, a changling lurk, and a changling rogue. I don't know what the Dedeko has planned, but so far, we are short some sort of healer. If anyone wants to change their current choice, please let me know. Otherwise, you guys are gonna be in trouble when the fur starts flying.

Dedeko
June 10th, 2007, 05:51
I will do the healer, I will also edit this post with a link to the character sheet that I will use.

https://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=3013

AndyPan
June 10th, 2007, 14:45
Looks perfect, Dedeko. Welcome aboard!

irondog
June 10th, 2007, 22:08
We are using a 32 point build for our characters? What do we use for starting cash?

Habbalah
June 11th, 2007, 00:59
Yes, I haven't started making my character yet because I didn't know if there were any special character creation rules.

AndyPan
June 11th, 2007, 13:22
Ooops, sorry about that. Feel free to use either 32-point buy or the roll-4d6-drop-the-lowest method. For the latter, I usually prefer to wtness the rolls, but I'll trust yas. If I notice anythign too whacked, like 18's across the board or something equally unbalanced, I'll ask ya to reroll. But for the most part, just go for it.

For starting cash, I dunno what other DM's do, but I will usually take the suggested starting cash, and max it out. So if for your class, the starting cash would be 2d10x10 gold, then you start with 200 gp. Just makes it so you get a nice starting package, with a little left over. Have fun!

Dedeko
June 11th, 2007, 21:05
First night is tonight? Damn I cant make tonight, I am watching the Draft for wrestling with peoples and I already committed.

by the way, I am in RI too @ RIC.

AndyPan
June 12th, 2007, 04:03
Yer okay, Dedeko. Have game start up for next Monday, the 18th.

Dedeko
June 12th, 2007, 06:31
awesome, had to have drinks with friends.

Habbalah
June 13th, 2007, 03:39
Ok, I will create a character in FG as soon as I figure out how. I'll go with the changeling rogue (the one in PHB not the racial variant). I'll just emphasize the more social skills.

AndyPan
June 18th, 2007, 23:44
Okay guys, FG is open and waiting. Connecting words were sent to you via PM. If you are having any issues connecting, I can be reached on AIM with the name AndyPanda1973. Be sure to update to the latest version before connecting, if you haven't already done so. See you in a bit!