PDA

View Full Version : Change player name

Weissrolf
November 15th, 2020, 16:46
Hello.

Is there a way to change the player name to something different than the SW account username? I prefer my players to use real names, but of course we mostly use pseudonyms for our SW accounts.

LordEntrails
November 15th, 2020, 16:52
No. Not with FGU.

Weissrolf
November 15th, 2020, 19:21
Suggestion: Implement custom player names.

LordEntrails
November 15th, 2020, 20:00
Put it in the wish list. Forums are not a good place for suggestions :)

Weissrolf
November 15th, 2020, 23:45
Once the wish-list is maintained in a usable manner I will do so again, it's current state looks rather sad. We put real names after the char names in parentheses, helps to distinguish players.

LordEntrails
November 16th, 2020, 03:53
Once the wish-list is maintained in a usable manner I will do so again, it's current state looks rather sad. We put real names after the char names in parentheses, helps to distinguish players.
Your choice, but putting feature requests in the forums is very ineffective. In a week or two when this post drops off the front page your suggestion will be lost and gone, never to be seen again. Unless you bump it weekly, which would not be appreciated, especially if hundreds of such suggestions started to get bumped like that.

I understand the Wish List doesn't look like it is well maintained, and maybe it's not. But I know the devs actively review it (I've had ideas taken from it and implemented) and it continues to be where they ask us to put such ideas. You can chose to use the methods the devs have provided, or not, your choice.