PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night D&D 3.5 8PM-1AM PDT(GMT-7)

Griogre
May 18th, 2007, 05:14
I currently have four players and am looking for one or maybe two more. The characters are 7th and 8th level and the core group has been run up from 1st. We normally play very consistently every Friday and I am looking for a mature player(s) who will show up and contribute. You need to be comfortable playing 8th level characters and higher. I am currently planning on taking this campaign up to the mid teens. While there is usually a lot of combat, sometimes the party doesn’t fight at all some sessions.

We are playing D&D 3.5 mostly core rules only (I do allow the general and metamagic feats from the PH2 – but nothing else). The campaign is set in the original heavily modified Judge's Guild World. The area the characters are in is mostly trackless wilderness. No knowledge of the setting is required. All characters must be good. The new character would start with xp and equipment similar to the rest of the group.

The current party PC’s are a Cleric, a Fighter, a Rogue and a Wizard. The party has the basics covered so probably any class would work other than another rogue – duplicating rogues isn’t all that useful to the party, but if you really want to run one it would be ok.

I use voice so you will also need a working mic and headphones or a headset in addition to Fantasy Grounds. If you are interested reply here or PM me.

Auly
May 18th, 2007, 07:09
Which books do you consider core rules? I ask because to me it means one thing to another it may mean something else.

Griogre
May 18th, 2007, 07:21
I consider D&D 3.5 Core to be PH, DMG & MM. Basically, only the books that actually say "Core Rulebook" on their cover.

Jim1829
May 18th, 2007, 16:16
I'd be up for this. I have to admit though, if there is a way to make a character ahead of time then export it over to you, I am unaware as to how.

Griogre
May 18th, 2007, 23:40
Feris, I PMed you. You would make a local character in FG2 and then when you connect to the server a copy of the character is transfered over.

Auly, are you still interested?

Auly
May 22nd, 2007, 07:11
The times and levels work out well for me once I get a few things settled. Though when it comes to books I like being able to use a broader group. Things such as the race line, complete line, and such. Thank you for responding quickly to me and if it's possible I can work up a character idea and tell you exactly which books I'm looking at using all WoTC/Hasbro products of course.

PS Sorry for the long delay getting back to you.

Griogre
May 23rd, 2007, 01:07
The times and levels work out well for me once I get a few things settled. Though when it comes to books I like being able to use a broader group. Things such as the race line, complete line, and such. Thank you for responding quickly to me and if it's possible I can work up a character idea and tell you exactly which books I'm looking at using all WoTC/Hasbro products of course.

PS Sorry for the long delay getting back to you.
No problem on the delay the boards have been down.

Auly, I understand your viewpoint on options but the other characters are all core and I don't think it would be fair to allow a new player options the others didn't have. I'm afraid I'm jaded on the race and splat books. If the different options are important to you, I probably would not be a good DM for you.

Auly
May 23rd, 2007, 05:50
I can understand the need to keep things equal and fair for all.. Thank you for your reply and cander. Right now I got this a character idea I'd like to pan out. Perhaps another time.

Take Care and hope your game goes well

slowsnake
May 24th, 2007, 21:49
Hi! This is Dave Cabrera. I do still want to get back into playing. Just need to get the hang of using Teamspeak again. My Mom will have to talk to you about setting it up. Let me know if you will let me in. Dave

Griogre
May 25th, 2007, 08:46
I think I am full. Thanks for the interest.