PDA

View Full Version : PFRPG - Extra Actions

Zygmunt Molotch
November 13th, 2020, 01:44
UNITY ONLY and only really of benefit if you also want to use the Loaded Indicator by Bmos, found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61372-PFRPG-Loaded-Indicator)

previously PFRPG - Raccourcis Actions was not compatible with other extensions which modify and draw on the actions tab on the PC sheet

the version I have placed here (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/132/view), is compatible with those

this image shows you that it adds extra functions (the original did) to the actions tab but this version is also compatible with the loaded indicator extension (because it no longer redraws the whole tab)

original extensions found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40381-Combat-Shortcuts-actions-extension&p=556100#post556100) (i believe no longer maintained, so that's why I edited it, if I'm wrong, please take this upstream and you have my apologies)

reposted in PF1e, as it's compatible with core, pf1e and 3.5

if you dont use unity, it wont work, if you dont use the loaded indicator, you can just as well use the original

bmos
November 13th, 2020, 22:02
Nice job!

Some developers may no longer be active in the community, give the dev a couple of weeks to respond and if they don't respond you have done the polite thing and should be able to use their code (as long as the extension does not specifically say you can't). If you do use other people's code please mention them in the extension - it's only fair to give credit where credit is due.

Extension developers who don't want other people to use their code should say so in their extension.

tahl_liadon
November 14th, 2020, 00:01
loaded this up. it may be interacting with my current extensions and not work at all... whole actions tab is blank.

confirmed it by unloading extension and was back to normal. (reinstalling old raccourcis version for now).

empty actions tab:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41083

loaded extensions:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41084

bmos
November 14th, 2020, 00:24
It seems to be broken in FG Classic as in tahl_liadon's pictures.
Works great in Unity though.
I think it's because of this bug (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63013-help-with-compatibility). If so, the only way to fix it in Classic is probably to bring the windowclass script into your extension also (which sucks because it increases the likelihood of compatibility issues).

Couple suggestions:
Grapple -> CMB
Add label to AC

Zygmunt Molotch
November 14th, 2020, 07:21
[FONT=Arial]
loaded this up. it may be interacting with my current extensions and not work at all... whole actions tab is blank.

confirmed it by unloading extension and was back to normal. (reinstalling old raccourcis version for now).

ah, yes, I stopped using Classic, sorry I didn't check that!

probably should say, this is only worth it if you're using Unity, but also the loaded extension, from Bmos, otherwise the previous raccourcis one, works fine

Zygmunt Molotch
November 14th, 2020, 07:34
Nice job!

noted, updated the extension.xml with credits

Zygmunt Molotch
November 14th, 2020, 08:04
Couple suggestions:
Grapple -> CMB
Add label to AC

added AC label to the left

grapple was silly but it's because thats what the variable is called in combat, changed label to cmb

bmos
November 14th, 2020, 10:43
ah, yes, I stopped using Classic, sorry I didn't check that!

probably should say, this is only worth it if you're using Unity, but also the loaded extension, from Bmos, otherwise the previous raccourcis one, works fineFor clarity, Zygmunt is saying that my Loaded Indicator (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61372-PFRPG-Loaded-Indicator) extension is not compatible with Raccourcis Actions (but is compatible with this new version of his).

bmos
November 14th, 2020, 16:37
I think your github repo might be private still (but I greatly appreciate that you have one!)

Zygmunt Molotch
November 16th, 2020, 05:42
I think your github repo might be private still (but I greatly appreciate that you have one!)

it was! changed now!

Zygmunt Molotch
November 16th, 2020, 06:48
added some information into the extension.xml; as suggested by bmos, for clarity

Zygmunt Molotch
February 23rd, 2021, 04:24
pretty much just put the edits and credits to dllewell in here :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40381-Combat-Shortcuts-actions-extension/page3

bmos
February 23rd, 2021, 12:16
Thanks to dllewell for the fix :)

Zygmunt, in the 1st post you link to Loaded Indicator (which is now Ammunition Manager).

Is that still required? I think we resolved that?

Also, the latest update from dllewell reverted the change I made to overlay the AC label on the shield.

dllewell
February 23rd, 2021, 15:54
Thanks to dllewell for the fix :)

Zygmunt, in the 1st post you link to Loaded Indicator (which is now Ammunition Manager).

Is that still required? I think we resolved that?

Also, the latest update from dllewell reverted the change I made to overlay the AC label on the shield.

bmos - Do you have a copy of the version you updated? I can make my changes to that version and we can post that as the latest.

bmos
February 23rd, 2021, 16:19
It's the second part of the commit listed here:
https://github.com/Morturg/FG-Extra-Actions/commit/20bebe1b60a00e2782bc1de18659b6dbdd615d41

dllewell
February 23rd, 2021, 23:07
It's the second part of the commit listed here:
https://github.com/Morturg/FG-Extra-Actions/commit/20bebe1b60a00e2782bc1de18659b6dbdd615d41

Thank you.

This version has the typo fix as well as adding back in the AC label change made by bmos.

Zygmunt Molotch
February 24th, 2021, 06:14
I'll get to updating the git hub repo after work :) or someone can commit to it :D

bmos
February 24th, 2021, 11:23
You might call it crazy, but it's been committed.

Zygmunt Molotch
February 25th, 2021, 04:53
You might call it crazy, but it's been committed.

:D

thoroughly missed what had happened, but dlewell had edited an earlier version, so I just committed and released over, now merged your commit, and re-released

https://github.com/Morturg/FG-Extra-Actions/releases/tag/v1.1.1

but hey, that's what source control is all about!

Zygmunt Molotch
July 31st, 2021, 08:44
Uploaded to the Forge (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40381-Combat-Shortcuts-actions-extension&p=556100#post556100)

Morenu
January 12th, 2022, 01:30
I don't see it in forge

bmos
January 12th, 2022, 02:40
I don't see it in forge

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/132/view

SgtPrylo
February 3rd, 2022, 14:56
Hello, sorry to be burning up this help-needed section. Newest issue: I have the 'Extra Actions' extension by Zygmont Molotch. Up until now this has worked fine in PRRPG ruleset. Now the action bar it creates overwrites itself on the character sheet and blocks the other information, even when scrolling. Previously, the bar placed itself above the 'Weapons' bar and stayed there even scrolling with the sheet. I do have this through the Forge.

LordEntrails
February 3rd, 2022, 15:04
If you do not hear soon from the developer, you may want to reach out to the developer directly via the Send Message link on the Forge.

@Zygmunt Molotch, it's advise that you start a new forum thread for each extension with any needed instructions and for discussing. Then linking it on your Forge item so that people can discuss as well as report any issues. You can see what this looks like and where to create the thread by looking at another Forge item such as; https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/471/view

Zygmunt Molotch
February 4th, 2022, 03:00
probably something I can change! I'll have a look when I get chance, thanks for reporting!

Zygmunt Molotch
February 4th, 2022, 03:01
If you do not hear soon from the developer, you may want to reach out to the developer directly via the Send Message link on the Forge.

@Zygmunt Molotch, it's advise that you start a new forum thread for each extension with any needed instructions and for discussing. Then linking it on your Forge item so that people can discuss as well as report any issues. You can see what this looks like and where to create the thread by looking at another Forge item such as; https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/471/view

there already is, you just need to search using the forum search bar

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63600-PFRPG-Extra-Actions

LordEntrails
February 4th, 2022, 03:20
there already is, you just need to search using the forum search bar

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63600-PFRPG-Extra-Actions
Its best if you link it to your Forge entry, then folks don't need to search :)

Zygmunt Molotch
February 4th, 2022, 08:57
Ok SgtPrylo

are you Running any other extensions apart from the Hero Point ext, which maybe drawing boxes with the character sheet?

I have just booted this up and I'm not seeing the issue you report, but I'm happy to try to get to the bottom of it!

SgtPrylo
February 6th, 2022, 02:37
I don't think so? Does it matter which tab the boxes may be drawn on? I have Live Hit Points on the Main tab, along with Drain and Permanent Bonuses on the Main Tab. Advanced Effects is on the Combat Tab. Advanced Item Actions adds consumables to the Action when item is equipped.

I found this:

It's 3.5e/PFRPG Attack Modifiers, and as you can see, not all my players have it. Not even sure how they turned it on. By 'it' I mean the clickable modifiers on the right hand sheet. In either case, the Extra Actions box is overwriting part of the sheet.

Zygmunt Molotch
February 6th, 2022, 10:37
Does it matter which tab the boxes may be drawn on?

no, it just matters which extension is conflicting :)

hmm

looking at the attack modifiers, from the picture I assume you mean, this extension https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/305/view

yes, I think it will not work with that extension, it seems that one (the attack modifiers one) must either redraw the Actions tab (it seems to add a new area), or anchor in the same place over the top

(if anyone knows how to change that, either inform me or zarestia, but I don't believe I can see the code for the 'attack modifiers' extension)

(the Extra Actions extension's anchors can be found https://github.com/Morturg/FG-Extra-Actions/blob/main/campaign/record_char_actions.xml, for reference)

if you're the GM I suggest you turn off the Attack Modifiers extension, and try it then?

I also use the official Pf1e theme, as you do, and all the other extensions you mention (but NOT the Attack Modifiers one) and have no issues

I recommend using https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/406/view to get the 'modifiers', which are the same, but not in the character's action tab, and instead anchored down where the dice are on the bottom left... (then you get both the Extra Actions, and clickable modifiers at easy access :) )

Zarestia
February 6th, 2022, 13:31
I'll take a look at compatibility, will update you when I'Ve found/done something.

SgtPrylo
February 6th, 2022, 13:34
ZM: that did it. Disabled Zarestia's Attack Mods extension, and that fixed it. Then I added the suggested modifiers ext from the Forge. Added the mods nice and cleanly to the bottom. I have multiple monitors, but some of my players do not, so having as much as possible on one screen is a big time saver. Thank you!

SgtPrylo
February 6th, 2022, 13:35
I'll take a look at compatibility, will update you when I'Ve found/done something.

That would be great! I know some of my players live on the Action tab, so having it there would help them. As usual, this forum is ridiculously helpful :D Thank you Zarestia and Zygmunt for your time!

Zarestia
February 6th, 2022, 15:42
My extension code is changed and will be uploaded to the Forge soon.

@Zygmunt: I've created a pull request for the necessary changes.

Zygmunt Molotch
February 7th, 2022, 12:21
My extension code is changed and will be uploaded to the Forge soon.

@Zygmunt: I've created a pull request for the necessary changes.

sweet!

@SgtPrylo: give it a few hours or so, (or however long the Forge takes to upload, but) there should be a new build incorporating Zarestia's changes, allowing them to both work...

:-)

thanks @Zarestia!

Zygmunt Molotch
February 7th, 2022, 12:24
@LordEntrails

you're totally right, and so I put a link in the Forge to the original thread, is there a method to merge these?

LordEntrails
February 7th, 2022, 16:09
@LordEntrails

you're totally right, and so I put a link in the Forge to the original thread, is there a method to merge these?
Moderators can. Done :)

SgtPrylo
February 7th, 2022, 17:13
Did not work as of this posting, will try again later.

Zarestia
February 8th, 2022, 13:52
Did not work as of this posting, will try again later.

If you've tried again and it still doesn't work, please post a screenshot of the chat after loading the campaign to show the extension versions. Thank you!

SgtPrylo
February 9th, 2022, 14:36
Still not working.

Error message that popped:

Two screenshots to capture all the extensions:

Zarestia
February 9th, 2022, 17:01
Still not working.

Error message that popped:

Two screenshots to capture all the extensions:

Thanks. My extension should load after Zygmunts, which is not the case in your chat but the case with the github version.
Thus you either have an old version of his which won't update or he hasn't actually set the new version live.

Try deleting the 1c51fcf2-ecf0-11eb-8c52-0050562be458.dat file in the /vault directory of FGU and update again. If Extra Actions still loads after Attack Modifiers, we have to wait for Zygmunt.

Zygmunt Molotch
February 10th, 2022, 13:21
erroneous post

Zygmunt Molotch
February 10th, 2022, 13:22
sorry guys, was working, now off again

@zarestia was correct, it wasn't updated to Live, it was on test (my bad, it's been a while since I messed around with releases for FG Forge)
that should be :Live: now
please check again @SgtPrylo (run FGU and click update for things to be pulled from Forge)

SgtPrylo
February 10th, 2022, 19:04
Ok, not being sure of the order of things after reading your posts, I tried this two ways: first, I just enabled 'Extra Actions' thinking ZM's post was saying just do that. No luck. Second, I deleted the file Z spoke of and reloaded through the Updater, still no luck. The crash between the Weapons bar and the extra actions is still present.

What should the extra actions be called in my list? Feature: Extra Actions or PFRPG Extra Actions?

Zarestia
February 11th, 2022, 01:39
Ok, not being sure of the order of things after reading your posts, I tried this two ways: first, I just enabled 'Extra Actions' thinking ZM's post was saying just do that. No luck. Second, I deleted the file Z spoke of and reloaded through the Updater, still no luck. The crash between the Weapons bar and the extra actions is still present.

What should the extra actions be called in my list? Feature: Extra Actions or PFRPG Extra Actions?

"Feature: Extra Actions" should be the correct one. It should be displayed in the chat before/above Attack Modifiers (after you loaded the campaign). Also be sure to don't have any old version in the /extensions folder.

Zygmunt Molotch
February 11th, 2022, 01:58

this one is called

EDIT: I have this morning changed it to "Feature: Extra Actions" to avoid confusion, I guess

Zarestia's is called "Feature: Attack Modifiers"

however, SgtPrylo is correct, the changes Zarestia suggested

<frame_char name="shortcutframe" insertbefore="actionframe">

and the load order being 50,

don't seem to solve the issue of the frames overlaying each other...

hmm

inviting suggestions :D

though if you have a game before we can bodge something to make these frames not overlay this SgtPyrlo: you can either choose to not use (Feature: Extra Actions) this or use this and the Combat Modifiers Calculation Ext, temporarily

Zarestia
February 11th, 2022, 12:09
this one is called

EDIT: I have this morning changed it to "Feature: Extra Actions" to avoid confusion, I guess

Zarestia's is called "Feature: Attack Modifiers"

however, SgtPrylo is correct, the changes Zarestia suggested

and the load order being 50,

don't seem to solve the issue of the frames overlaying each other...

hmm

inviting suggestions :D

though if you have a game before we can bodge something to make these frames not overlay this SgtPyrlo: you can either choose to not use (Feature: Extra Actions) this or use this and the Combat Modifiers Calculation Ext, temporarily

I've found the lingering missing piece. My script searches for your extension name, which I thought would be "Extra Actions", but it is FG-Extra-Actions. As hyphens are special characters in lua they need to be escaped. I'll get a fixed version uploaded in an hour or so.

SgtPrylo
February 11th, 2022, 12:50
I've found the lingering missing piece. My script searches for your extension name, which I thought would be "Extra Actions", but it is FG-Extra-Actions. As hyphens are special characters in lua they need to be escaped. I'll get a fixed version uploaded in an hour or so.

I'll try it in a bit then. I asked about the name because I noticed (almost) all of the other extensions I have from the Forge are now called 'Feature: xxxx', and indeed the Extra Action ext was called that in my Forge inventory as well. But in my extensions list in the Lobby, it was named 'PFRPG Extra Actions'. Which of course made me think I had the wrong version. No matter how many times I deleted it however, the 'PFRPG' version kept coming back. So right now I have Extra Actions turned off.

Did I mention you guys are great for looking into this? I have no idea what the Forge coins get you, but I donated across the board to content creators in the Forge, just because of this. EDIT: I should say I donated to the creators I am using, otherwise that may have gotten really expensive really quick!

Zarestia
February 11th, 2022, 13:59
Just pushed the hotfix to live, so hopefully everything should work now :)

SgtPrylo
February 12th, 2022, 00:08
Just pushed the hotfix to live, so hopefully everything should work now :)

Works! Thanks you very much!

Morenu
July 19th, 2022, 22:32
I have an error that I will try exploring shortly, but thought you should see it. I have NOT updated yet (waiting on a few extensions to update yet). so this may be a moot point.

I will probably start testing it tomorrow to see if I can recreate it with no extensions added and if not I will see if there is a conflict I can trace. and again, I know it may be unneeded once we update.

bmos
July 20th, 2022, 01:53
They changed the charsheet header windowclass in the 7-12 update. The new 7-19 update doesn't change anything about it.

Morenu
July 20th, 2022, 02:06
They changed the charsheet header windowclass in the 7-12 update. The new 7-19 update doesn't change anything about it.

Ah, I haven't done the 7-12 yet (waiting on Kel's extensions to update as yours and his are most of my main extensions)

bmos
July 21st, 2022, 01:10
Ah, I haven't done the 7-12 yet (waiting on Kel's extensions to update as yours and his are most of my main extensions)In that case it's something else lol

Morenu
August 13th, 2022, 14:14
OK, putting out an idea for this ext. I find I am not using 3- 4 of the boxes. If I could change some of them to specific skills that would be perfect. like an options menu drop down for each box. so I could put in saves and a few skill checks. Now I run 2 characters during play typically and I assume that there would NOT be a way to have those options be different for each character, but having perception, sneak, spellcraft... on all characters would be nice.

bmos
August 13th, 2022, 15:31
OK, putting out an idea for this ext. I find I am not using 3- 4 of the boxes. If I could change some of them to specific skills that would be perfect. like an options menu drop down for each box. so I could put in saves and a few skill checks. Now I run 2 characters during play typically and I assume that there would NOT be a way to have those options be different for each character, but having perception, sneak, spellcraft... on all characters would be nice.Couple of ideas for this:
1. Generic "Skill Roll" button that would prompt for which skill to roll.
2. Action label is a dropdown list to change which skill the action rolls.

In addition, Saves, Attacks, and CMB/CMD could be combined into vertical stacks to free up more space for more skills.
Something like:

INIT FORT MELEE CMB SKILL SKILL SKILL AC
REF RANGED CMD
WILL

Zygmunt Molotch
September 27th, 2022, 08:08
Couple of ideas for this:
1. Generic "Skill Roll" button that would prompt for which skill to roll.
2. Action label is a dropdown list to change which skill the action rolls.

In addition, Saves, Attacks, and CMB/CMD could be combined into vertical stacks to free up more space for more skills.
Something like:

INIT FORT MELEE CMB SKILL SKILL SKILL AC
REF RANGED CMD
WILL

Thats a neat idea!

Extra Actions has been updated today to include changes submitted by Zarestia (thanks Zarestia!), it adds the Extra Actions bar to every tab on the character sheet, for those who wish to roll actions and such while browsing their inventory/skills etc

everything should be updated

let me know if any issues or post to the github :)

https://github.com/Morturg/FG-Extra-Actions

or bug me on Discord :) Zygmunt Molotch#8657

Morenu
October 16th, 2022, 01:34
I put this in the advance character sheet (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?75226-3-5E-PFRPG-Advanced-Charsheet&p=664646&viewfull=1#post664646) forum post #27 but thought i should link it here as it includes 3 extensions. Any combo of 2 of the 3 works.

Morenu
January 10th, 2023, 19:29
Thats a neat idea!

Extra Actions has been updated today to include changes submitted by Zarestia (thanks Zarestia!), it adds the Extra Actions bar to every tab on the character sheet, for those who wish to roll actions and such while browsing their inventory/skills etc

everything should be updated

let me know if any issues or post to the github :)

https://github.com/Morturg/FG-Extra-Actions

or bug me on Discord :) Zygmunt Molotch#8657

Love the extra actions bar! any thoughts about being able link skill check roles or options like Bmos was talking about?

Atracious
August 31st, 2023, 04:06
So I've noticed that my player's character sheets are not aligning right as of the major update yesterday with this extension. Anyone else? or is it maybe from a combination of extensions?

DCrumb
September 1st, 2023, 09:22
It is a known issue and the FG devs are working on it.

Moon Wizard
September 1st, 2023, 16:04
All of the Pathfinder adjustments for the character sheet should already be pushed. If you're still seeing specific issues not related to community extensions, please post a picture in the House of Healing forum. If it is related to community extensions, please bring up with the community extension developer.

Regards,
JPG

Tsriel
September 14th, 2023, 15:34
Posting to share that I also have the same issue. I've disabled it for now.

orien45
October 17th, 2023, 20:13
Is this the non alignment issue that is being referred to? 59073

Issue still present after the Oct 17 update.

Only using Official PFRPG Theme and this, no other plugins, etc

RobboNJ69
January 29th, 2024, 02:20
Is this extension still being maintained? Most of the themes don't show the extra actions bar. What themes is everyone using this extension with?
Thanks!