PDA

View Full Version : How do I add a spaceship to the party?

Zergcow
November 12th, 2020, 04:04
So we are going through character creation and I just cant seem to understand how to add a spaceship to the party. I cant put it in the party inventory, party sheet, combat tracker, or a player's inventory. so how do I track what ship players have? and all the mods on the ship?

How do we do damage to the ships and track that in combat? Like for space combat.

Xargun
November 12th, 2020, 13:38
So we are going through character creation and I just cant seem to understand how to add a spaceship to the party. I cant put it in the party inventory, party sheet, combat tracker, or a player's inventory. so how do I track what ship players have? and all the mods on the ship?

How do we do damage to the ships and track that in combat? Like for space combat.

Ship combat is not in the ruleset yet. MBM has been working on it and pieces are being added as they are ready.. I believe the current eta is to come with High Guard ?

Xargun

Zergcow
November 12th, 2020, 15:44
ok cool beans. But just in general how do I add a ship to a party? I guess I just note it in the notes field?

esmdev
November 12th, 2020, 17:15
ok cool beans. But just in general how do I add a ship to a party? I guess I just note it in the notes field?

At the moment you can't really add a ship, though you could type it into inventory or something.

For cargo hold I often use the party sheet inventory window since I don't actually use it for anything in the game. The advantage being that every party member and the referee can access and modify the inventory section of the party sheet.

Zergcow
November 12th, 2020, 21:17
I actually decided to add a new ship and name it "Party's Ship" for now. I just populate it with all the right data from the original (in this case Safari Ship). Then I create a new note called Party's Ship Notes. Now I just link the ship into the notes and I can add all sorts of things to the ship. And what I cant or dont want to add to the ship I put it in the notes. So I guess that works for now. I basically access all of it through the one single note. Easy peasy.

Xargun
November 12th, 2020, 21:22
Thats what I have done as well Zergcow - and created a character called Ship's Fund where I track cargo and money for the ship. That way when I use the party sheet to split job money a share goes directly to the Ship Fund as well without me having to track it and such.

Xargun