PDA

View Full Version : NB! FG Theme - Futuristic doesn't properly "support" Starfinder

HeckoX
November 12th, 2020, 00:58
First off, apologies if this thread is in the wrong place, but I looked for a theme board/page for this theme and couldn't find any

I just bought the new Futuristic theme to use for my StarFinder campaign, thinking it would give a fun and quirky additional level of immersion.
Unfortunately, it seems to be poorly ported for the StarFinder ruleset, as many of its unique(?) features have been missed, so be warned if you're hoping to use this theme for Starfinder:

To the devs, here's an incomplete list of problems I found at a glance (shutter to think about what I might find if I delved into it)

Headers bleed into the box graphics, e.g. on the Combat and Ship Combat trackers
Text in buttons will sometimes bleed into the button borders (e.g. "Folder" in Images & Maps)
Boxes with statistics will overlap making it hard on the eyes, like on e.g. the party sheet
Sidetab headers, such as on the party and player sheets, are extremely hard to read and with longer words, such as "inventory", parts of the letters are just cut away
Sidetab headers unique to Starfinder are not formatted like the rest, but are just thin blank font making them EVEN HARDER to read (e.g. "Ships" on the party and PC sheets)
Selected background is for some reason left-aligned instead of center-aligned, which honestly makes it look bad and poorly positioned
KAC and EAC values on PC sheets are misaligned and bleed into the graphics
Armor check stats on the PC sheets are in the wrong colour (black instead of white)
Weapon icons in the actions tab bleed into name and attack bonus box
Ammo usage bleeds into Uses box

This might all seem like minor things, but combined, they make for an annoying playing/DMing experience.
I hope these (and additional things) get fixed in the future, for those hoping to use the theme for their Starfinder campaigns.
I will, however, be requesting a refund in the meantime

jwatmough
November 12th, 2020, 02:47
Thanks for pointing this out. I will take a look at these and get them sorted out straight away.