PDA

View Full Version : Updater Glitched?

Hyperventilator
November 11th, 2020, 21:12
Steam notified there was an update for FGU, so I updated via Steam. Then I launched FGU.

The FG updater also notified that there were updates to be downloaded, so I ran the updater. However, it got stuck, so after some minutes with nothing happening, I pressed cancel. Afterwards, I checked the folder permissions and ran the FG updater again. This time it ran normally updating some components.

Problem is, now the updater notifies that there are updates (with the red border, see image) but finds nothing to update 41012

Did my canceling the updater the first time break something? Did the second update run successfully after all? The chat window says I am on Core RPG and 5E version 3.3.12. Not sure if that's the latest version - I can't find release notes with version numbers anywhere 41013

damned
November 11th, 2020, 21:20
Those versions look ok. Id wait till next Tuesday/Wednesday when there will likely be new updates and see if it sorts itself out then.

Hyperventilator
November 11th, 2020, 21:35
Those versions look ok. Id wait till next Tuesday/Wednesday when there will likely be new updates and see if it sorts itself out then.

After I posted, I restarted the computer, launched FGU from exe bypassing Steam, and this time the updater re-downloaded and installed the FG package but I see no version number changes. Then I ran the updater yet again, and this time it downloaded and installed the Core RPG package changing the version from 3.3.12 to 3.3.12A

The update available notification is still on but doesn't find any more updates. Very strange behavior.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2020, 21:55
We've been working on the patch system to speed things up (among other things); so we're investigating a couple things not working as expected. I've forwarded your report to @smelton to look at, after the holiday today.

Regards,
JPG

smelton
November 13th, 2020, 14:57
Can you sent me your updater logs. Just launch then updater, click Settings > Troubleshoot > Gather Logs. Thanks

Hyperventilator
November 15th, 2020, 11:17
Can you sent me your updater logs. Just launch then updater, click Settings > Troubleshoot > Gather Logs. Thanks

Weird. I hadn't received a notification about your reply here. Sorry I missed it.

Anyway, I saw the other thread and I reinstalled FGU. Now the update notification (red border) is gone.

damned
November 15th, 2020, 11:22
You only get notified on the first response to a subscribed thread since your last visit. As Moon Wizard replied first you got his reply and not the one soon after.