PDA

View Full Version : Show image handout?

smokebadger
November 11th, 2020, 06:52
Is there a way to just show an image as a handout without treating it as a map?

so showing the outside picture of a castle as part of the description for example.

Thanks in advance

JonStormbringer
November 11th, 2020, 08:06
Yes, I don't claim to be an expert in FG, but there are a couple ways I know:

1. From your images folder, you can right-click the file you want and select the share button.

2. You can have the image open on your screen and right-click and select the share button.

3. You can open you image folder and left-click hold and drag to the chat window. This will make a link in chat the players can open to see the image.

Those three options will share the image with everyone in your session/table.

4. You can open your image folder and left-click hold and drag your image onto a player portrait. The image will only be shared with whatever player(s) you drag the image on.
Sorry, don't have a live session picture for that one!

I hope that helps you out and good luck!

Granamere
November 11th, 2020, 13:38
So lots of creatures have a picture in their NPC information also modules regularly have random pictures that come with them. If you want to share one just open it up and right click on it a share it out.

I took a class at https://fantasygroundscollege.net/ where the instructor used a picture of a path for an encounter that did not have a map for it so you could use the picture as a map if you wanted to but if you do not put a grid or tokens on it then it is just a picture. :)

I hope this helps.