PDA

View Full Version : Crit roll with upcasted spells not working?

theslothman182
November 10th, 2020, 23:00
Hi all,

I was asked to report this here from #fgu_support on the discord.
FGU v4.0.0 , Dungeons and Dragons (5E) , no extensions.

I was playing around with a character sheet and tried applying the crit effect to a spell I was upcasting a Inflict Wounds (added extra dice to hand via right click while holding) and got hit up with the following error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "script/manager_action_damage.lua"]:287: attempt to call method 'sub' (a nil value)

I tried doing the same thing with Fantasy Grounds Classic, and it worked fine, but whenever I try in Unity I get hit up with the same error.

I was originally using extensions in the campaign I was testing this with when I first got the error, but I have since created a fresh campaign with no extensions and I get hit up with the same thing.

Is this a me thing, or is it a problem with FGU?

Any help is greatly appreciated, cheers!

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2020, 09:30
I can confirm this.

Steps

1. Hold SHIFT
2. Click on damage and hold
3. Right click to add more dice
4. Drop on target

This works on a normal roll (that is not right clicking to add more dice but just dragging and dropping dice whilst holding SHIFT). Not just confined to spells but any dice pool which is dragged and right clicked to add more.

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2020, 21:50
Funny enough. I just fixed a similar issue a couple weeks ago for Pathfinder 2; and it looks like it's very similar. I'll queue up a fix for the 5E/PFRPG/3.5E rulesets for the next update.

Regards,
JPG

theslothman182
November 12th, 2020, 08:42
Thanks both for replying!
Thank you so much, this is greatly appreciated!