PDA

View Full Version : Bug 2.0.11: Host-only tokens appear in client-side token box

Dachannien
May 16th, 2007, 16:06
I mentioned this bug earlier, but now I have some additional data to go with it.

It appears that host-only tokens placed on maps on the host side get shared with the client, which places the tokens in the "root" bag of the token box. The map doesn't even have to be shared with the client - as long as the map is open on the host side, the token will get shared.

To reproduce:

1. Make a subdirectory in the "tokens/host" directory on the host machine, and place one or more tokens in that subdirectory.
2. Fire up Fantasy Grounds II and have one or more clients connect. (Have the clients open their token boxes as well.)
3. Create an image entry and open it. Sharing the map is not necessary.
4. Drop one of the host-only tokens from the new subdirectory (or sub-bag, hehe) onto the map.

The result is that the token you just dropped onto the map will also appear in the token box on the client side, despite it being a host-only token.

Besides cluttering up the token box, this can spoil things for DMs who make a map with hidden tokens, hoping that a certain encounter will be a surprise, but then the token appears front-and-center in the token box, telling all the players that they'll be facing off against that creature in the near future.

Dachannien
June 15th, 2007, 11:28
Yesterday evening, one of my players reported this bug re-emerging in 2.0.12. I haven't had a chance to test it myself yet, though.

Griogre
June 15th, 2007, 17:42
You might want to double check everyone has 2.0.12. Someone reported that versions 11 and 12 can connect.

Dachannien
June 15th, 2007, 19:55
Yeah, I reported that one as well, but I asked my player about that and he said he was fully updated.