PDA

View Full Version : LFP, 1-2 Player campaign, Sunday 12 PM GMT, 5E Curse of Strahd, FGU

MarkesOrelies
November 10th, 2020, 10:42
Fantasy grounds unity
FGU License: GM has Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: GM is GMT+2, South Africa
Day of week and time: Sundays 12 pm GMT
If new game, planned start date: 15/11/20
Planned Duration & Frequency: i.e. 3-4 Hour session, Weekly.
Term: Working through a module and will be done as a group when that is over. If successful may look to other modules.

Text or Voice: Voice, Camera is bonus.
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Small group, so what the PC prefers. Small groups or solo player, tends to get through combat a lot quicker.
Number of Players in game & needed: 1 - 2 players
Character starting level & equipment: level 1, milestone leveling
Character restrictions: None really, with small or solo player; Homebrew, UA or other class/race will not cause to much frication if handled well. Know how the class/race plays, help the GM understand the class/race or be open for discussion if things needs to be nerfed/buffed.

Disclaimer. I am new to both Fantasy grounds and D&D (played 7 years ago in university, Not to many chance to play in South Africa)
The reason why I am learning D&D as a GM, is that I want to play in a small group. I tend to not do so well in social environments with 5+ people and enjoy my time in groups of 2 or 3, talking about a common topic (dnd in this case :))
26 year old, male, software programmer

New player and experience are welcomed. Feel free to give tips or speak up if something is frustrating you and it is something I can do o make the game smoother and funner.

Details of your scenario: Curse of Strahd is a dark and gritty world. The sun never truly shines and most people walking around does not even have a soul. A world where most things wants to eat the PCs or corrupt them. Happiness is a luxury, few can dream of obtaining.

What do you expect from players as a GM?
Respect for one another.
New players welcome, given that I am new as well.
You will be playing alone or with one other player. This means that you will need to be creative with problem solving, willing to run away from fights and gather more intel and come up with a plan. There will be sidekicks if the player desires one, they are there to help in fight. They will refer to the player for answers and follow the PC's lead.
Being alone also means there is no debates over rules and the course of action the the party should be doing. You decide, and need to accept the out come of your decision, good or bad.
With that said being alone or small group means the spotlight is always on you. So you are constantly being engaged with and not waiting your turn. Your character's backstory and choices shape the world as you traverse it.
Not looking for rule lawyers or min/max players. I as GM will be making mistakes and don't expect the player to be perfect either, prefer them not to be perfect, but rather creative and open to ideas. If you want to make explosives at of flour, carry around thousands of caltrops/ball bearings so you can cover the entire dungeon in them and pick off monsters will your bow, go for it.
Not looking to play out some sexaul fantasy for the GM or PCs. If I want a character to be evil, they will not rape someone, to prove it. They will sacrifice some children or burn some elves at the stake.
Rules can and will change as we find things together that works for the GM and party. This does not mean your player cannot be killed, if they hit a gaint on the toe as a level 1 character and expect things to be ok. If you kill someone in town, you better hide that body well, else you will be hunted, by bounty hunters and shops will no longer do business with you. There will not be some miracle roll 20 to suddenly get you out of jail or the gallows. And if there is, are you have to convince the entire town you aren't just planning on killing them after work if they don't give you a discount.

PM me here or discord (MarkesOrelies#6247) and we can have a chat to answer any questions I or you may have for one another.
When you send me a DM message, send along the following:
A brief summary of your self.
What is your ideal party size and why. Why do you want to play in a party of 1 or 2.
What do you want to gain out of the campaign. Learning/trying something new, roleplaying, a dudgeon crawl, political intrigue, managing a keep or castle, etc.
What character would you want to try. A Brute that smashing and intimidating his way through, a spell caster that cares more about discovering the mysteries of a purple stone, and very little about the land and its people. A hero that will carry the burden of all those in need. A simple farm boy, that wants revenge on the bandits that killed his parents and burned down their farm.