PDA

View Full Version : Observed Die Inconsistencies

Sigurd
May 16th, 2007, 05:15
20-11

This is the first time I've ever seen this happen in game.

Die rolls that show 20 in the graphics and 2 in the recorded value. I think perhaps 7 that appeared as an 8 in the graphics.

It was all pretty quick so I'm not certain - I'd appreciate any other observations.

Sigurd.

I run full version in client mode for these reports with no mods or changes.

Paxar
May 16th, 2007, 05:22
I've seen this occasionally in FG1. Haven't noticed any pattern to when it happens or what numbers it happens with. I've seen high rolls on the graphic that report low and low rolls on the graphic that report high. I tend to defer to the reported roll when it happens.

The High Druid
May 16th, 2007, 12:56
We've noticed this happen as well, and the odd thing is the number that appears on the dice has been the same for everyone connected. There's been one "yay" moment where everyone cheered a 20 at a very useful time for the group and it turned out to be something else in the chat window, so it'd be nice if they did match more consistantly. There's generaly a handfull of rolls each session that turn out like this.

Edit: Just to add it's been happening in every version of FG2 we've used in a live session, including the current one

Ram Tyr
May 16th, 2007, 13:17
This has always happened, including in FG1, albeit infrequently. I believe each time it has come up on the boards the result was to rely on the reported result rather than the visible result. It would be great if this was resolved.

Later.

Dupre
May 16th, 2007, 13:45
We have thus far believed this is extremely rare. We will look into it.

Dachannien
May 16th, 2007, 15:54
I actually saw this happen two or three times during our session yesterday. I've seen it happen previous to that, but never so often in one evening.

Griogre
May 16th, 2007, 17:29
Noticed this also. I believe it tends to happen during times of high bandwidth usage - ie when a map or image is being shared or preloaded or there is a lot of voice chatter. IE to me it seems to be a result of lag.