PDA

View Full Version : Masks of Nyarlathotep 7e Progress?

Heilemann
November 9th, 2020, 21:07
I'm eager to hear how MoN is coming along. The old thread seems to be in a locked part of the forum now, so I figured I'd create a new one.

MassaG
November 10th, 2020, 17:08
Hello! I was following the updates here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48107-New-Masks-of-Nyarlathotep/page8. I too am looking forward to playing this campaign using FG.

Heilemann
November 10th, 2020, 17:16
I was too, but that thread is now locked (because the parent CoC forum is locked) :S

MadBeardMan
November 12th, 2020, 14:34
Hi All,

Just an update. I hoped to post some very good news a couple of weeks back to coincide with Halloween. It didn't happen. Those on the Traveller forums have probably noticed I've not been around a lot over the last month.

During Covid things have changed for me, I'm WFH 100% of the time and that's tough. During the past few months I've had many challenges at home. This reached a high point a few weeks back which involved one of my kids being in hospital and since then things are a daily challenge. So I've lost approx 50% of my spare week so far.

Now where's MoN. The good news it that Chapters 0, 1, 2 and 3 are all finished. What does finished mean? The 100+ NPC's are done, the Reference Manual has all the maps/images/text from the MoN book(s) and the FG story entries are there, with encounters/maps/tokens. I hoped to get this to testing a couple of weeks back.

Next I'll be honest with you all. If someone else can put the time into this I'm cool with that. Note it's built using internal FG tools, but I can share everything. If there's no one wanting to do that, then stick with me, I'm hoping that I can finish the remaining chapters 4-7 by Xmas.

Cheers,
MBM

RLacey
November 13th, 2020, 00:38
Hi All,

Just an update. I hoped to post some very good news a couple of weeks back to coincide with Halloween. It didn't happen. Those on the Traveller forums have probably noticed I've not been around a lot over the last month.

During Covid things have changed for me, I'm WFH 100% of the time and that's tough. During the past few months I've had many challenges at home. This reached a high point a few weeks back which involved one of my kids being in hospital and since then things are a daily challenge. So I've lost approx 50% of my spare week so far.

Now where's MoN. The good news it that Chapters 0, 1, 2 and 3 are all finished. What does finished mean? The 100+ NPC's are done, the Reference Manual has all the maps/images/text from the MoN book(s) and the FG story entries are there, with encounters/maps/tokens. I hoped to get this to testing a couple of weeks back.

Next I'll be honest with you all. If someone else can put the time into this I'm cool with that. Note it's built using internal FG tools, but I can share everything. If there's no one wanting to do that, then stick with me, I'm hoping that I can finish the remaining chapters 4-7 by Xmas.

Cheers,
MBM

I'd offer, but I doubt I'd manage it any quicker than you if Christmas is your plan...

Thanks for the update - and best wishes at what sounds like a horrible time for you and the family...

Heilemann
November 13th, 2020, 17:24
Sorry to hear about your travails; you and your family come first!

But also excited to hear it's moving forward! ��

vegaserik
November 13th, 2020, 20:58
Christmas sounds great! If I knew how to do any of the internal FG stuff I'd volunteer to help! I was worried that it had been abandoned, but seeing it may get done by Christmas makes me happy!

Mourngrimm
November 25th, 2020, 16:40
I can't wait for this!

QuorumOf4
December 3rd, 2020, 15:14
Hi All,

If someone else can put the time into this I'm cool with that. Note it's built using internal FG tools, but I can share everything. If there's no one wanting to do that, then stick with me, I'm hoping that I can finish the remaining chapters 4-7 by Xmas.

Cheers,
MBM

Did you end up finding somebody to help with this? If not are you still looking?

MadBeardMan
December 19th, 2020, 23:29
Hi Folks,

Here's a sneak peak of the Start of Chapter 7, don't read if you're a player...... I'm progressing through Chapter 6 atm, adding and resizing all the images and things, plus making player maps of the Keeper ones (which take some time to hide the numbers etc). Still have NPC's to link/create and then create the encounters plus add all the various links in. Almost never ending.

Recently I've completed updates for Traveller and WOIN, so I have a bit of breathing space here. though might need a bit of time for VtM.

If you want regular updates, go check out my twitter (https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan), I do regular postings there, as I can screen shot and paste.

Cheers,
MBM

pralix1138
December 20th, 2020, 20:50
Thanks for the hard work and the update!

Oladahn
December 23rd, 2020, 11:37
Hi, I was looking at buying the existing MoN, but am I better waiting for this to be completed and buy the new version?

I've got FGU, 7E ruleset and the Pulp extension and I am considering running this as low to medium Pulp.

paul1612
January 13th, 2021, 15:08
I got the 7e set for Christmas but due to Covid my group will need to use FGU at least for a while, hoping this had been completed and on sale...but I can't find it in the store. Is it me? or is this still a work in process?

MadBeardMan
January 13th, 2021, 22:36
I got the 7e set for Christmas but due to Covid my group will need to use FGU at least for a while, hoping this had been completed and on sale...but I can't find it in the store. Is it me? or is this still a work in process?

Hello,

The work is complete for the Reference Manual, all the images, npc's and links have been done, what I'm currently doing is making the Story Entries for each of the chapters. Then it's off to testing the complete monster of a campaign. I expect testing to find things. Follow my Twitter if you want to know where we are with MoN from this weekend as I'm back on it doing those Story bits.

Cheers,
MBM

guyriessen
January 14th, 2021, 15:25
Hello,

The work is complete for the Reference Manual, all the images, npc's and links have been done, what I'm currently doing is making the Story Entries for each of the chapters. Then it's off to testing the complete monster of a campaign. I expect testing to find things. Follow my Twitter if you want to know where we are with MoN from this weekend as I'm back on it doing those Story bits.

Cheers,
MBM

Exciting to hear the progress--really looking forward to being able to run this with FG! Thanks for all your hard work!

Malaith
January 25th, 2021, 21:08
Looking forward for the campaign and theme! Thanks folks!

Michelsen
January 27th, 2021, 16:57
is it possible to prepurchase, i just want to look at it and maybe use whats there already :)

Heilemann
January 30th, 2021, 02:46
Iä. It looks so goooood!

Shapeshifter1923
February 18th, 2021, 19:36
Hello,

Cheers,
MBM

Hi MadBeardMan,
If you need any help testing I am happy to get involved. I'm an experienced keeper with CoC since the 1980s, currently running Masks on FGU on Fridays, we've done New York and London (almost). I'm using a combination of the currently available Fantasy grounds 6e conversion and homegrown maps and extra encounters - including a transatlantic crossing add-on scenario, based on the RMS Olympic, with deck plans and passenger lists from 1925, fleshed out with NPC passengers. I'm UK based so time zones wouldn't be a problem. Let me know if you are interested.

Michelsen
March 1st, 2021, 10:09
Hello,

Cheers,
MBM

Any update on the status of this?

osarusan
March 2nd, 2021, 09:22
If there is any testing possibility for this, I would happily volunteer to be a tester. I'm currently running Masks, starting the Kenya chapter soon, and I foolishly bought the old version of Masks for FG thinking it was the 7e version. Still I'd gladly pay again for the module for the luxury to be a tester before my campaign ends!

vegaserik
March 3rd, 2021, 00:52
I bought the old version thinking it was the 7e one too, maybe a year ago or so. :) Once this gets released I'm hoping for the huge mega box of Orient Express!

jdinallo
March 24th, 2021, 02:25
It's looking really, really good. Any updates?

Malaith
April 2nd, 2021, 02:32
Any updates? :cry:

Egheal
April 2nd, 2021, 17:53
From @MadBeardMan on tweeter 28/03/21 : "I just need a couple of days on it...Very soon, I only have 1 thing in the way before I can commit the time".

Ludd_G
April 2nd, 2021, 18:04
Hurrah! :)

MadBeardMan
April 2nd, 2021, 21:08
And just to let you all know, it's now top of the list. I've cleared all my backlog. Expect to see next weekend, info that it's off to Fantasy Grounds! And then it'll be shared for testing.

Huzzah

Egheal
April 3rd, 2021, 13:54
Awesome!

OB1Sean
April 3rd, 2021, 13:57
This is great news.

MadBeardMan
April 3rd, 2021, 14:36
Hi Folks,

I've sat down in the last hour and made the definitive list, being very picky here, so here goes:

Reference Manual
Table of Contents - relink pages (due to linking method changing)
Create PC's and include as importable characters
Update links to use new links system (all chapters)
On Dramatis Personae (all chapters) - add links to the NPCs
Rebuild the Reference Manuals

Chapter 2
Page 114 - the image needs the background adding

Chapter 4
Add missing text from Page 299

Chapter 5
Check images - wrong backgrounds (old theme) on some

Chapter 6
Add missing text from Page 299

Chapter 6
Cat-Demon Adventure Add missing NPCs

Appendix C
Add links to story events

Appendix D
Add links to story events

Theme
Create a button for the 'Maximum Screen' button that matches the theme buttons (image window)

Misc
Create Thumbnails for each Chapter Module
Re-Export the Chapter Modules
Take a deep breath, then send to FG.

And that's about it, It might seems like a lot, it's just dull repetitive work (the links and link updates), so I'll get it done next week and with a good bit of luck I'll be posting that it's gone to FG around this time next Saturday.

Now sadly, my forum inbox was full here and I did a mad session of deleting all messages, seems I deleted those who offered to test this, if you're reading this and we messaged each other please get in touch again!

Cheers,
MBM

smogzy
April 3rd, 2021, 14:54
Great news, very much looking forward to running this. I'll get everyone packed for Peru!

Michelsen
April 7th, 2021, 05:29
I am looking forward to this a great deal, thank you :)

MadBeardMan
April 13th, 2021, 16:06
Hi Folks,

Finishing this off as soon as I can, it's full steam ahead. I've been going through the NPC's again, adding any that needed adding, am in Kenya at the moment, should be in Oz later tonight!

Then it's links, and off to testing. I'll reply to all the folks that have replied, I'm only allowed 2 testers (I'll check) and I'll send you my email to explain how to test it.

Phew.

Cheers,
MBM

pralix1138
April 13th, 2021, 20:48
Great news!

QCKeeper
April 15th, 2021, 19:40
Do we know what kind of timeline we can expect between now and the actual release? Just planning to run this campaign and trying to figure out when roughly it will be available.

pralix1138
April 15th, 2021, 22:44
Do we know what kind of timeline we can expect between now and the actual release? Just planning to run this campaign and trying to figure out when roughly it will be available.

I think, according to MadBeardMan's twitter that it's very close to the testing phase. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Peregrino
April 18th, 2021, 19:20
Can't wait man.

esmdev
April 18th, 2021, 22:19
I am looking forward to this too. Once SmiteWorks gets their tentacles on it they will pour over the tomes with keen interest seeking for any flaws or imperfect linking that might force a sanity check on those that come after. If they find problems they will ask the man who who's lunacy is hidden behind the beard to make adjustments. Once they are certain that the secrets are hidden and the links do not accidentally reveal what lies behind the veil, only then will the be satisfied and make it visible to we who wait.

(Translation: If all goes well, 4-6 weeks, hopefully)

Mindreader
June 10th, 2021, 14:36
Any updates on this?

I'm chomping at the bit to get this beast and prepare it for my team of tasty morsels ... I mean ... um ... Investigators!

MassaG
June 17th, 2021, 21:42
MadBeardMan posted yesterday on Twitter that he is working on the issues the test players have pointed out.

From his last tweets:

What's left I hear you ask:
1. Buckley's Ghost NPCs - need formatting
2. The Black Cat NPCs - need formatting
3. Check all NPCs have all links
4. Remove unneeded images
5. Add Title to Character Select
6. Party Sheet - sort out frame
7. CT - Replace 'green' graphics...
8. Make sure all 'title graphics' aren't clickable
9. Add Encounters & add them to the Story Entries
10. Check all images are fully optimised (the module is 44mb!)
11. Tidy up the theme code, remove commented out code etc.

MadBeardMan
June 21st, 2021, 01:30
Hey Folks.

That's it, got 2 of that list left (plus create the Pre-Gens) but it's going off to SW as I type this, I will have to log soon, at work in 7 hours (oops).

Here's an example image that shows parts of the amazing theme done initially by Luthbel (who did the Vampire ruleset with me),

The guys behind the CoC 7E ruleset (Ian/Damned) have added Pulp support in the same 'npc' record, so I'm going to get that done in the week.

This will be my last major CoC product for a good while, it's taken well over a year, it's just over 500 hours with more to add when the testers (I've messaged two of you) get their feedback. But unless I've done an awful job, I hope they don't find much.

So here's what's left this week to do.
1. Check all NPCs have all links
2. Add Encounters & add them to the Story Entries
3. Add Pregens
4. Add Pulp info to NPCs

None of these are big, a lot of the encounters aren't fixed, so I'm waiting for tester feedback on those areas.

Anyway, all good, not long. Plus I hope with the new hires at SW, the wait for internal testing won't be as long as it has for my products.

Cheers,
MBM

johnecc
June 21st, 2021, 02:49
Nicely done, dude. That's a huge effort.

smogzy
June 21st, 2021, 08:55
This is great news. Thanks again MBM for the huge effort you put into converting this.

Egheal
June 21st, 2021, 09:39
Can't wait! Thanks a lot for this, obviously, awesome work!

MadBeardMan
June 21st, 2021, 10:24
Morning All,

Have emailed one of the public testers (you know who you are), so the ball is rolling.

Cheers,
MBM

johnecc
June 21st, 2021, 12:09
Hi MBM, I haven’t received it, you must have got my address wrong ��

Seriously though, good work, hope there are few to no issues.

MadBeardMan
June 21st, 2021, 12:22
Hi MBM, I haven’t received it, you must have got my address wrong ��

Seriously though, good work, hope there are few to no issues.

lol, it's not for you and we need to allow the US to wake up! before they'll send it out!

OsirisAsar
July 23rd, 2021, 20:48
Any new updates on the testing or potential release? Looks awesome and can't wait!

Thanks!

Hey Folks.

That's it, got 2 of that list left (plus create the Pre-Gens) but it's going off to SW as I type this, I will have to log soon, at work in 7 hours (oops).

Here's an example image that shows parts of the amazing theme done initially by Luthbel (who did the Vampire ruleset with me),

The guys behind the CoC 7E ruleset (Ian/Damned) have added Pulp support in the same 'npc' record, so I'm going to get that done in the week.

This will be my last major CoC product for a good while, it's taken well over a year, it's just over 500 hours with more to add when the testers (I've messaged two of you) get their feedback. But unless I've done an awful job, I hope they don't find much.

So here's what's left this week to do.
1. Check all NPCs have all links
2. Add Encounters & add them to the Story Entries
3. Add Pregens
4. Add Pulp info to NPCs

None of these are big, a lot of the encounters aren't fixed, so I'm waiting for tester feedback on those areas.

Anyway, all good, not long. Plus I hope with the new hires at SW, the wait for internal testing won't be as long as it has for my products.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
July 23rd, 2021, 23:53
Any new updates on the testing or potential release? Looks awesome and can't wait!

Thanks!

I'll chase the testers, received back Chapters 0, 1 and 2 from them, I've pencilled in some time to address these at the start of next month.

Cheers,
MBM

Heilemann
August 24th, 2021, 20:48
Soooo... ��

Michelsen
August 25th, 2021, 05:15
Pretty chose on giving up on this :(

BrentCaldwell
August 26th, 2021, 05:00
Wow, that looks amazing. Bravo.

sedgetone
August 26th, 2021, 08:00
So looking forward to this release, amazing work.

Egheal
August 26th, 2021, 10:44
For your information, from @MadBeardMan on Twitter, yesterday 25/8/21:
"Hey, if you fancy this you can post this on the forums, been ultra busy (even though I have a week off!). Going to chase the testers, if nothing by the end of next week I'll fix what they've found and then send off to FG for their testing and then release".

vegaserik
August 27th, 2021, 10:01
For your information, from @MadBeardMan on Twitter, yesterday 25/8/21:
"Hey, if you fancy this you can post this on the forums, been ultra busy (even though I have a week off!). Going to chase the testers, if nothing by the end of next week I'll fix what they've found and then send off to FG for their testing and then release".

I'm looking forward to this!

CincyBrandon
September 7th, 2021, 15:08
Hi Folks,

Finishing this off as soon as I can, it's full steam ahead. I've been going through the NPC's again, adding any that needed adding, am in Kenya at the moment, should be in Oz later tonight!

Then it's links, and off to testing. I'll reply to all the folks that have replied, I'm only allowed 2 testers (I'll check) and I'll send you my email to explain how to test it.

Any updates, or expected release date? Looking to run my group through this next, just running one-offs until 7e is released.

BrentCaldwell
September 13th, 2021, 05:20
I'm very eager to give FG more of my money for 7e Masks. :)

OlliLeppanen
September 21st, 2021, 19:32
I'm very interested in the progress so far. Thank you to everyone working on this massive project, you guys are awesome!

Delrin
October 30th, 2021, 00:30
Engaging in a bit of Necromancy with this thread.

Has anyone heard an update?

Egheal
October 30th, 2021, 07:53
Nothing since oct 11. MadBeardMan stated on twitter that he had to "add some missing bits". Struggling with some health issues though so no ETA.

Edit: some news here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71231-Normal-Service-should-resume-soon

Aniond
November 7th, 2021, 23:40
Any update on this or is this project dead?

vegaserik
November 7th, 2021, 23:44

Not dead.

Egheal
November 8th, 2021, 05:44

Just read my reply just above yours.

MassaG
November 26th, 2021, 15:36
Mr. MadBearMan has tweeted these a few days ago (11.17.21):

Last few bits to sort with Chaosium_Inc Masks of Nyarlathotep for FantasyGrounds2. Should be done very soon, sadly the testers have gone quiet, so I assume all is right with the stars.

The update is being done over the weekend, then off to FG for them to test/release, and then I'll relax.

vegaserik
November 26th, 2021, 18:42
Nice! Hopefully by the end of the year then.

MadBeardMan
December 22nd, 2021, 13:30
Hi Folks,

Just like Xmas here, finishing wrapping things up. What a journey! I think I've been finished 3 or 4 times and then something else pops up, oh yes, it needs....

Anyway I need a little bit of help, is anyone willing to create a new campaign, enter in all the pre-gens from Pages 35 - 45 and then export as a Mod (with those characters)? I was going to include the pre-gens as a separate module and this means hopefully I can leave that to some kind soul.

If you want to do that, reply here and DM me for more details.

Oh the Theme will be available as a free theme and I'll post that in the forums later.

Cheers,
MBM

CincyBrandon
December 22nd, 2021, 13:48
Happy to help.

pralix1138
December 23rd, 2021, 00:28
Hi Folks,

Just like Xmas here, finishing wrapping things up. What a journey! I think I've been finished 3 or 4 times and then something else pops up, oh yes, it needs....

Anyway I need a little bit of help, is anyone willing to create a new campaign, enter in all the pre-gens from Pages 35 - 45 and then export as a Mod (with those characters)? I was going to include the pre-gens as a separate module and this means hopefully I can leave that to some kind soul.

If you want to do that, reply here and DM me for more details.

Oh the Theme will be available as a free theme and I'll post that in the forums later.

Cheers,
MBM

I'd be happy to chip in.

CincyBrandon
December 23rd, 2021, 05:33
I'd be happy to chip in.

I'm taking care of the pre-gens for him, wrapping them up as we speak. Not sure if there's anything else he needs help with. @MadBeardMan?

CincyBrandon
December 23rd, 2021, 05:59
Just sent the pregens over to him. This was my first module being seen by anyone but myself, so hopefully it meets expectations. :-)

MadBeardMan
December 28th, 2021, 08:39
Morning All,

Finished finally yesterday and all packed up and sent to SmiteWork.

I hope you all like it (if you buy it). It's taken so much of my life that I never want to convert another campaign for a good few months. Simple adventures books or campaigns are no issue, but something like MoN.

As you probably know, it's got 26k lines of text inside the Ref Manual plus about 23k inside the Stories. There's more than 250 NPC's, lots of new spells, a few items, a hundred or so encounters and so on. It's huge, quite a monster in fact.

Next week I'll finish the theme and add that to Forge (it will be known as Art Deco Theme) so you can all have that for free even if you don't want to buy MoN. I just need to remove the Chasoium images from the MoN theme.

Cheers,
MBM

johnecc
December 28th, 2021, 08:46
Thank you for the huge amount of time and effort you put into these conversions. You’re a legend, mate.

sedgetone
December 28th, 2021, 09:19
Thank you so very much for doing this. I'm sure it'll be a big seller for the CoC community.

MassaG
December 28th, 2021, 12:13
I have been following your hard work on Twitter (@BooGooZaa), mr. MadBeardMan, and I want you to know that it will be forever appreciated by the players.

similarly
December 28th, 2021, 12:25
Thank you SO much for all your time and effort. I know it was a long, difficult journey, but you've really done something great, and I can't wait to buy it. Thank you!

Oladahn
December 28th, 2021, 13:47
Thanks for this, was about to buy the 'old' version but will now wait for this to be available.

Having done this Two-Headed Serpent should be a doddle, right?

redba
December 28th, 2021, 15:39
@MBM
I have no words to say THANKS for your effort!!!!!

pralix1138
December 28th, 2021, 17:46
Thanks for all the work, sir! I am very much looking forward to it!

ninjaniall76
December 28th, 2021, 23:04
The stars have aligned! Thank you so much for doing this monumental task. I am on the hook for running a campaign coming up within a month or so and I plan on running Masks. Thank you from myself and my players. Be well.

Egheal
January 2nd, 2022, 20:18
Thanks a lot, I just finished this campaign with my players. It was by fare the most fantastic RPG experience we have had (and we had many since 1980...). Completed by a lot of work and research on the internet on my side to find and translate all related documents, maps and props I could add + some props made by myself. I will buy your work day one though (we have a hard time letting go this adventure, nostalgia...). Also thanks for the theme, I will absolutely use it (it is gorgeous).

similarly
January 2nd, 2022, 23:37
Thanks a lot, I just finished this campaign with my players. It was by fare the most fantastic RPG experience we have had (and we had many since 1980...). Completed by a lot of work and research on the internet on my side to find and translate all related documents, maps and props I could add + some props made by myself. I will buy your work day one though (we have a hard time letting go this adventure, nostalgia...). Also thanks for the theme, I will absolutely use it (it is gorgeous).

Where can I see the theme? Do you have a link?
EDIT: ah, never mind. I see the screenshot earlier in the thread.

mwrenner
February 2nd, 2022, 19:34
Any word on when this will be available?

CincyBrandon
February 15th, 2022, 01:05
@MadBeardMan, any news on the release?

similarly
February 15th, 2022, 01:21
"Are we there yet?"

I know, I'm dying for this too, but we gotta keep in mind:
Masks of Myarlathotep and Horror on the Orient Express are pretty big. Even once it goes to the editing staff, it's gonna take a while to quality check it, make sure all the pages are right, all the links match up, things show up where they should. It's a massive undertaking. I'm sure the second it's ready, they'll let us know. Until then, the best we can do is just be patient and let them put together the best package they can.

In the words of my parents:
"We'll get there when we get there."

But, yeah ... I'm excited too.

Amerisun
February 16th, 2022, 00:24
I was also looking for that theme.. it's absolutely fantastic!! Hope it comes soon. :-)

MassaG
March 15th, 2022, 15:41
Here it is: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/531/view

MadBeardMan
March 15th, 2022, 15:45
Here it is: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/531/view

That is the same theme you'll get inside the latest MoN, which is being tested inside Smiteworks at the moment.

Enjoy it!

similarly
March 15th, 2022, 23:52
Thank you, MadBeardMan! I can't wait for MoN and Horror on the Orient Express!

MadBeardMan
March 16th, 2022, 10:01
Thank you, MadBeardMan! I can't wait for MoN and Horror on the Orient Express!

Morning,

MoN is going through internal testing, let me ask the fine chaps working on HotOE to see where they are with things.

Cheers,
MBM

similarly
March 16th, 2022, 10:27
Much appreciated. I said "I can't wait" but I can. I meant "I'm really excited for these!" I know a lot of work has gone into them, and am super-excited to try them out.

MassaG
April 5th, 2022, 17:13
Here you go, my friends! It's finally available! -> https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=CHA23153

CincyBrandon
April 5th, 2022, 17:17
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S HERE IT'S HERE IT'S HERE IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, @MadBeardMan and all of the Fantasy Grounds devs and QAs that made this possible!!!! What a huge undertaking, but WHAT A HUGE PAYOFF!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

sedgetone
April 5th, 2022, 17:20
Boom, bought it! Thank you guys, this is an amazing achievement to get this beast in FG.

Egheal
April 5th, 2022, 17:54
Surely one of the most, if not the most impressive work for FGU. If you click on the option "use pulp cthulhu rules" the NPCs stats are seamlessly modified for Pulp rules! The Reference Manual is just perfect, with clickable images, encounters, tomes, items... Thanks a lot @MadBeadMan for this awesome work.

sedgetone
April 5th, 2022, 19:43
I really hope Fantasy Grounds don't drop the ball on this and actually give CoC a bit of love on YouTube. Showcase the ruleset and show people just how amazing this module is and the staggering amount of content you get. Having all the Encounters pre-built and being able to use the new reference builder to help you document your campaign as you go.

RaggleG
April 5th, 2022, 23:09
Surely one of the most, if not the most impressive work for FGU. If you click on the option "use pulp cthulhu rules" the NPCs stats are seamlessly modified for Pulp rules! The Reference Manual is just perfect, with clickable images, encounters, tomes, items... Thanks a lot @MadBeadMan for this awesome work.

I think @MadBeadMan can stake a claim to the top two most impressive works for FG, with the other being Pirates of Drinax for Traveller.

pralix1138
April 5th, 2022, 23:37
Outstanding! Thanks to @MadBeardMan for the wonderful work!

MadBeardMan
April 7th, 2022, 13:48
I think @MadBeadMan can stake a claim to the top two most impressive works for FG, with the other being Pirates of Drinax for Traveller.

Hi RaggleG,

What a lovely thing to say!

There's a load more stuff coming over the next few months. I'm not going to touch another CoC product for a while (I've got a Cold Fire Within at the moment), but I hope Beyond the Mountains of Madness becomes available. My focus at the moment is to get RuneQuest out.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
April 7th, 2022, 13:53
Hi All,

Based on feedback across all the various realms I'm going to update the MoN product (hopefully for next Tuesday) with:

1. Add Portraits to the 'Appear' Tab on the NPC sheets.
2. Add in a new module with High-Res handouts. This will be in it's own module (like the Pre-Gens), and so if your players can't read the hand-written text, you can share with them the bigger (but slower to load) handout. The links inside the Ref Manual and Story Entries will NOT be updated to these.
3. Remove unwanted images, and look at renaming oddly named ones.
4. New Items. Added Artifacts and Tomes as Items. Plus linked artifacts where used in the Ref Manual/Story Elements.

Cheers,
MBM

Laerun
April 12th, 2022, 19:51
Masks of Nyarlathotep for Call of Cthulhu 7e community spotlight discussion with @FantasyGrounds2 Unity ruleset developer @madbeardman live 04/14,3:00 PM ET/ 8:00 PM BST. https://zurl.co/1I2V live at https://zurl.co/yxji #vttrpg #rpg @Chaosium_Inc #coc7e #horrorfan #Twitch