PDA

View Full Version : Lock individual token?

ptapilin
November 9th, 2020, 13:37
Hi everyone!

I have a question: is it possible to lock an individual token in FGU?

I can't find anything related to that unfortunately (I'm sorry if I missed anything). Currently I see the option to lock ALL tokens, but what I want is to lock a single token - like, for example, players destroyed a barrel with oil and oil spilled on the ground - I would love to remove "Barrel" token and place an "Oil Spill" token on the map, locking it so I won't have to worry about moving the "Oil Spill" instead of any token that is currently placed on the same spot. Or maybe I could place dead enemy bodies on the map so that someone could do something with them (raise a zombie or something).

What I mean is basically adding dynamic objects to a battlemap that are not interfering with player and enemy tokens. Because if you have a 7x5 "Oil spill" token, most probably when you try to move any token within that "spill", you will move the "Oil Spill" itself.

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2020, 14:08
Welcome to FG.

No, token lock is all or nothing. Eether all tokens are locked or all tokens aren't locked.

You don't say whether you are using Classic or Unity; but if you are using Unity then you can add your oil spill as an image on a separate layer of the map and players won't be able to interact with it and whilst on the play layer you won't be able to move it either.

ptapilin
November 9th, 2020, 17:00
I'm using Unity. Thanks for the advice!

roanoke13
November 11th, 2020, 05:04
theres a quick work around you can use, make the "oil spill" an image instead of a token, and add it to the map by dragging it from the assets / image folder. This will create a layer with the "oil spill" image on the map but it will be static and only the GM will be able to move it or make it visible / invis.

since the layers are able to be added before the gameplay starts, you can add any destruction images as layers and make them all invis, then during gameplay move it where you want and make it visible.

ptapilin
November 11th, 2020, 07:47
theres a quick work around you can use, make the "oil spill" an image instead of a token, and add it to the map by dragging it from the assets / image folder. This will create a layer with the "oil spill" image on the map but it will be static and only the GM will be able to move it or make it visible / invis.

since the layers are able to be added before the gameplay starts, you can add any destruction images as layers and make them all invis, then during gameplay move it where you want and make it visible.

Thank you.