PDA

View Full Version : Things in FG2 I can't figure out...

rushl23
May 15th, 2007, 15:09
...probably because I'm just too dense. :D

We're using FG as a tool during a face-to-face game. So, I'm running the server, and another player connects with his laptop. Everyone looks at the laptop's output, and moves around accordingly.

In FG1, I didn't input their characters. However, I'd like to in FG2. Even though we won't be using chat, I'd like to use many of the other features in FG2. So, I've created some Characters, and input some numbers.

1) Is it possible to attach the Character's token within the character sheet? Or associate it with the character somehow?

2) The combat tracker is nifty! I can't figure out to drag a character into the tracker however. And if it does, does it take the token with it (if I can assign one from question 1)?

3) I see that spell effects can now be kept on the tracker. How does this work? What are the numbers to the side? Does it track duration? Can there be more than one?

4) I finally found how to drag spells into a spell book. Is there a faster way to set up a cleric, or do I have to drag every spell into the book?

5) Dragging spells around is cool - can the same be done with inventory? Can I drag from a list somewhere and populate an item with it's weight? What about magic items?

Well, that should cover it for now - I'm sure there's more I don't know. I saw that a manual is planned, but I read through the boards and couldn't find any of this info. If there's a location where details on the new features and their use is, could someone point me to it?

Thanks for everyone's help, and FG2 looks pretty sweet!

rushl

Callum
May 15th, 2007, 16:42
1) Is it possible to attach the Character's token within the character sheet? Or associate it with the character somehow?

2) The combat tracker is nifty! I can't figure out to drag a character into the tracker however. And if it does, does it take the token with it (if I can assign one from question 1)?
I think these two questions are related - the reason you're having trouble is that all your players haven't logged in. When a player logs in and chooses a character, then a "ring" with the character portrait (and name) appears at the top left of your FG tabletop. You can drag from these rings onto the combat tracker, and from there onto a map, which will create a token from the character portrait - and these things are all linked!

A player can log in as more than one character in FG II, so you could theoretically have your player with the laptop log in as all the characters, enabling this. (You'd have to make sure that player "owned" all the characters - you can control this in the Character Selection window you get by clicking the button at the top right of your tabletop.) Another option would be to create personality sheets for the PCs, and associate their tokens with these sheets.

You can associate tokens with personality sheets by dragging the token onto the circle at the top left of the sheet - this association then persists when the personality is dragged onto the combat tracker. You can also assign tokens directly to entries on the tracker, by dragging the token onto the circle at the left end of the entry.

3) I see that spell effects can now be kept on the tracker. How does this work? What are the numbers to the side? Does it track duration?
Yes, those numbers are for tracking duration. The first number (initially 0) is the duration, while the second (with the double arrow symbol) is the increment - that is, the number that the first number is changed by each time a round passes. Thus, typically, for a spell with a duration of 5 rounds, you'd put 5 in the first box and -1 in the second.

nezzir
May 15th, 2007, 16:56
3) I see that spell effects can now be kept on the tracker. How does this work? What are the numbers to the side? Does it track duration? Can there be more than one?
l

The condition tracker on the combat tracker has 3 fields. The first is the name, so you you can put in a description of the condition like Held or Stunned.

The second field is how many rounds the effect lasts.

The last field is the change in the number each round.

When you fill one out, another blank one is created.

Example:
A character is stunned for 3 rounds.
Stun 3 -1

This will report the character as stunned in the condition tracker.
The starting round number for the effect is 3
The change in the round number each round is -1

Each time it is that characters turn, the round number (3 in this case) will be modified (by -1 in this case). When the round number reaches zero, the client will report it as completed in the GM chat window.

Example:
Effect Stun has ended on NezziR

You GM has to be using the round/initiative tracking function for this to work. Do so by dragging the red arrow up to the first character and then using the down arrow for each participants turn.

This will track the overall number of rounds and affect the characters condition tracking.