PDA

View Full Version : Exploding Damage Rolls

seanny
November 7th, 2020, 01:29
Is there a way I can add exploding dice to damage rolls.
I wanted it so that the d6 for example explodes on a 6 and keeps rolling if another 6 is rolled.
Is this possible in D&D 5e?
I note there is an area in Items where damage is manually entered and also in Actions where a damage dice is dropped into damage area (damage dice box).Are either of these places where I can change damage to exploding?
I did note if i use /roll 1d6e in chat an exploding dice roll happens, can I somehow drag this into the bottom hotbar or add maybe DMG to it to make the roll damage?
This is my main question.

And as secondary question ,if I want to give weapons special properties ,other than (crit range) and (reroll) are any other special abilities available?

Zacchaeus
November 7th, 2020, 09:21
The dice rolling functionality hasn't been built into any of the rulesets as yet and since there's no such thing as exploding dice in 5e there isn't a way to do it. You could write an extension of course.

What kind of special properties are you talking about? FG will recognise the crit range, reroll, finesse and thrown properties but no others but it depends on what you want to do as to how you would do it.

seanny
November 7th, 2020, 10:33
Bit of bad luck, was looking forward to exploding damage dice as a homebrew feature .

I was curious what weapon properties there are ,so I could make use of them in magic weapons, at least I can change crit range and reroll that is a start.

Thanks for your answers.

Zacchaeus
November 7th, 2020, 14:32
Bit of bad luck, was looking forward to exploding damage dice as a homebrew feature .

I was curious what weapon properties there are ,so I could make use of them in magic weapons, at least I can change crit range and reroll that is a start.

Thanks for your answers.

Generally outside of reroll and crit you would use effects for any other properties that a magic weapon might have.

seanny
November 7th, 2020, 23:18
Thanks I bought Advanced Weapon Damage Extension,

from DMs Guild which I found referenced here,

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59741-extension-Advanced-Weapon-Damage-Extension

I will investigate using this further ,the effects page for 5E looks a bit daunting-I could maybe try with that a bit further down the track.

LordEntrails
November 8th, 2020, 01:19
Check out www.fantasygroundscollege.net for a free class on Effects :)

Zacchaeus
November 8th, 2020, 08:56
Or watch these videos https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41478-Effects-Videos-for-5E

seanny
November 20th, 2020, 01:53
I have watched quite a few of these videos now. The whole procedure and wiki doesn't seem so daunting now.

The videos have helped a lot, it is fun experimenting with getting powers to work with effects.

I do like the Advanced Weapon Extension as well.