PDA

View Full Version : One player looking for group

Popples
November 6th, 2020, 16:37
Hello everyone! I am currently a dm for two different games (that are full) but looking to be a player in a 5e dnd game fully online. The following is my "wish list".

1)Using fantasy grounds (i have my own ultimate license)
2) using discord for a chat
3) allows feats in game
4) allows human variant for race
5) preferred creating personal background based on player handbook rules (but this isn't the biggest of deals)
6) Dm likes using downtime.
7) either starting new with a group or joining at level 1- 4. Hoping game goes to level 20.
8) looking for a bi weekly game either on a week night between 5- 10 pm cst part of this timing. or Saturdays preferred.

Here is my character idea that I would like to play. I want to play an eldritch knight fighter that grew up on hard times. At age 6, his town was burned down by wizards using fire magic. He was unable to find his parents afterwards and is unsure if they are still alive. He did find a ritual book (human variant feat ritual caster) in the burning town likely dropped by one of the wizards and begain studying it (variant skill arcana). He learned how to summon an owl familiar and begain living on the land for a year barely getting by. After about a year living off the land, he ran into a traveling mercenary group( the smiling lions (or could be any other name if the dm wants to use this group) that took him in and trained him. He stayed with them until he was 16 and then ventured on his own. He spent two years in a nearby town (dms pick) working odd jobs and entertaining as a pitfighter (downtime activity). His goal was to eventually join up with either an adventuring group or mercenary group to start his own adventuring life. He is motivated to protect those of his group, gain power/strength, learn what happened to his parents, and track down and kill the wizards that burned his hometown.

Bonds: bonded to his mercenary/adventuring group, protecting those that can't protect themselves, and tracking down parts of his back story.

Ideals: believes fire magic is evil and refuses to use it( can/would use the cold shield effect of fire shield as it protects from fire and does cold damage). Innately distrusts wizards tho won't attack them on sight, values security financially and personally.

Flaws: paranoid about his own protection when resting or relaxing and being prepared for random situations. Prioritize casters in combat even if having to run past other enemies.

If you are looking for someone like this, please let me know :)

Xenolith2
November 6th, 2020, 17:38
Hello everyone! I am currently a dm for two different games (that are full) but looking to be a player in a 5e dnd game fully online. The following is my "wish list".

1)Using fantasy grounds (i have my own ultimate license)
2) using discord for a chat
3) allows feats in game
4) allows human variant for race
5) preferred creating personal background based on player handbook rules (but this isn't the biggest of deals)
6) Dm likes using downtime.
7) either starting new with a group or joining at level 1- 4. Hoping game goes to level 20.
8) looking for a bi weekly game either on a week night between 5- 10 pm cst part of this timing. or Saturdays preferred.

Here is my character idea that I would like to play. I want to play an eldritch knight fighter that grew up on hard times. At age 6, his town was burned down by wizards using fire magic. He was unable to find his parents afterwards and is unsure if they are still alive. He did find a ritual book (human variant feat ritual caster) in the burning town likely dropped by one of the wizards and begain studying it (variant skill arcana). He learned how to summon an owl familiar and begain living on the land for a year barely getting by. After about a year living off the land, he ran into a traveling mercenary group( the smiling lions (or could be any other name if the dm wants to use this group) that took him in and trained him. He stayed with them until he was 16 and then ventured on his own. He spent two years in a nearby town (dms pick) working odd jobs and entertaining as a pitfighter (downtime activity). His goal was to eventually join up with either an adventuring group or mercenary group to start his own adventuring life. He is motivated to protect those of his group, gain power/strength, learn what happened to his parents, and track down and kill the wizards that burned his hometown.

Bonds: bonded to his mercenary/adventuring group, protecting those that can't protect themselves, and tracking down parts of his back story.

Ideals: believes fire magic is evil and refuses to use it( can/would use the cold shield effect of fire shield as it protects from fire and does cold damage). Innately distrusts wizards tho won't attack them on sight, values security financially and personally.

Flaws: paranoid about his own protection when resting or relaxing and being prepared for random situations. Prioritize casters in combat even if having to run past other enemies.

If you are looking for someone like this, please let me know :)

I am running a game on Saturdays and just had a player drop out for a while. You might be a good match as while I've played a lot of previous D&D editions I'm new to 5e. We have a relatively new party of 5 people (barb, 2 rog, 1 cler, 1 rang) and will be playing our 3rd session tomorrow 11am-1pm depending on where you are if you're in the US (although I am running the game from abroad). Game is set in Greyhawk realm and will feature some classic campaigns updated for 5e. If interested let me know how to contact you further and you can join as soon as tomorrow if you like.

Popples
November 6th, 2020, 18:20
I am running a game on Saturdays and just had a player drop out for a while. You might be a good match as while I've played a lot of previous D&D editions I'm new to 5e. We have a relatively new party of 5 people (barb, 2 rog, 1 cler, 1 rang) and will be playing our 3rd session tomorrow 11am-1pm depending on where you are if you're in the US (although I am running the game from abroad). Game is set in Greyhawk realm and will feature some classic campaigns updated for 5e. If interested let me know how to contact you further and you can join as soon as tomorrow if you like.

I would love to know more :) is this a bi weekly saturday game and would love to know details on character creation (as I have the idea but haven't rolled or point buy'ed etc)

Popples
November 6th, 2020, 18:22
Also what time zone:)

Xenolith2
November 6th, 2020, 19:12
Hello Popples. I am a silly man. Immediately after sending this message to you I thought to make this. Game will start 7 pm UK time which is 11am through 1pm if you're in the states. Hopefully this helps answer everything (...and as far as character creation point buy or rolls, I leave that up to the players. If you've never made one before I can help with that a bit before the session.):

Seeking 1-3 new players for long term campaign. You will be joining a US based party of 5 (barb, 2 rog, 1 rang, 1 cler). We're a lighthearted bunch and like to have fun and comedy in our adventures. Adventures are both improvised, published, and adapted from older edition adventures. We play weekly on Saturdays (afternoon for North America/evening for Europe). I'm relatively new at DM-ing 5e but have been a player for several previous versions of D&D (...we also have a very experienced 5e DM in the party for the session too). We could incorporate you into a one shot to see how you "mesh" with the group with potential for permanent addition, just let us know how to contact you.

Previous adventure session highlights:

Party performed last rights on mummifed body and just left it there versus burying properly. Legit, they just stepped over it and proceeded further into the dungeon.
Rogue threw a bag of marbles onto the floor where a skeleton nat 20'd two turns in a row and essentially "ballet danced" through that sh*t.
In a trap room designed by myself (DM), 2 players managed to step atop the deadliest trap (lightning) in the room despite my intentionally putting it in the most out of the way location. One brought down to 1 hp the other had his @ss saved by random chance as he was a blue dragon born with resistance.

Campaign Type: Continuous
Campaign Length: 4-5 ish hr sessions
Game Frequency: Saturdays weekly
Primary Language: English
Camera Needed: No
Audio: Yes (Discord)

Player Experience Level: Beginners welcome
GM Experience Level: Low-Medium
GM Fantasy Grounds Knowledge: Medium
Roleplaying Level: Medium
Combat Level: Medium to High
Puzzle Level: Medium
Mature Content (18+): Unsure how to answer...there may be swearing, sexual references, and violent acts of barbarism.
OTHER GAME DETAILS
Starting Level: 1
Ending Level: 2?
Character Restrictions: Open to all 5e content.

Popples
November 6th, 2020, 20:13
Hello Popples. I am a silly man. Immediately after sending this message to you I thought to make this. Game will start 7 pm UK time which is 11am through 1pm if you're in the states. Hopefully this helps answer everything (...and as far as character creation point buy or rolls, I leave that up to the players. If you've never made one before I can help with that a bit before the session.):

Seeking 1-3 new players for long term campaign. You will be joining a US based party of 5 (barb, 2 rog, 1 rang, 1 cler). We're a lighthearted bunch and like to have fun and comedy in our adventures. Adventures are both improvised, published, and adapted from older edition adventures. We play weekly on Saturdays (afternoon for North America/evening for Europe). I'm relatively new at DM-ing 5e but have been a player for several previous versions of D&D (...we also have a very experienced 5e DM in the party for the session too). We could incorporate you into a one shot to see how you "mesh" with the group with potential for permanent addition, just let us know how to contact you.

Previous adventure session highlights:

Party performed last rights on mummifed body and just left it there versus burying properly. Legit, they just stepped over it and proceeded further into the dungeon.
Rogue threw a bag of marbles onto the floor where a skeleton nat 20'd two turns in a row and essentially "ballet danced" through that sh*t.
In a trap room designed by myself (DM), 2 players managed to step atop the deadliest trap (lightning) in the room despite my intentionally putting it in the most out of the way location. One brought down to 1 hp the other had his @ss saved by random chance as he was a blue dragon born with resistance.

Campaign Type: Continuous
Campaign Length: 4-5 ish hr sessions
Game Frequency: Saturdays weekly
Primary Language: English
Camera Needed: No
Audio: Yes (Discord)

Player Experience Level: Beginners welcome
GM Experience Level: Low-Medium
GM Fantasy Grounds Knowledge: Medium
Roleplaying Level: Medium
Combat Level: Medium to High
Puzzle Level: Medium
Mature Content (18+): Unsure how to answer...there may be swearing, sexual references, and violent acts of barbarism.
OTHER GAME DETAILS
Starting Level: 1
Ending Level: 2?
Character Restrictions: Open to all 5e content.

This sounds great! I would love to join your group! Let me know the fantasy grounds sign in and discord server and I will make sure I am set up for tomorrow. Super excited! Do you want to be around when I roll for stats, do you do standard rolls (4d6 drop lowest x6) or do you have special house roles for it. Also standard starting gear? And is everyone still level one?

Popples
November 6th, 2020, 20:16
Also I have made multiple characters so I should be good but I will let you know if I run into problems

Popples
November 6th, 2020, 20:50
Also if it helps my discord name is popples#1912

Xenolith2
November 7th, 2020, 14:51
Will send you a PM with the server & discord details. Game will start tonight at 7 pm UK time but I will be on a bit early to say hello, do some introductions, and help with character builds (...not like an experienced DM like yourself needs it). You can roll you character independent if you want and in any way you choose, it's fine by me. No specail character creation house rules but I only have the DMG & PHB so you'd have to fill me in on anything outside of those. Standard gear and everyone is level 1.

Popples
November 7th, 2020, 15:08
Will send you a PM with the server & discord details. Game will start tonight at 7 pm UK time but I will be on a bit early to say hello, do some introductions, and help with character builds (...not like an experienced DM like yourself needs it). You can roll you character independent if you want and in any way you choose, it's fine by me. No specail character creation house rules but I only have the DMG & PHB so you'd have to fill me in on anything outside of those. Standard gear and everyone is level 1.

Fantastic looking forward to it :)