PDA

View Full Version : Modifier buttons on the desktop (extension)

Daso
November 6th, 2020, 00:32
Hi everyone!

A while back I asked if it was possible to add the modifiers buttons to the desktop like in other rulesets to simplify rolling and was told I had to do that through an extension. I took a stab at writing that extension and I've successfully written my first extension!

The buttons I added are:
Lesser Cover
Cover
Greater Cover
Hidden
Concealed
Flat Footed

I'm sharing it here in case someone else would have wanted those button.

(for those that are better at scripting, if there's anything in my extension that I can write better, please let me know!)

ShadeRaven
November 6th, 2020, 00:41
Outstanding Daso!

If you don't mind me suggesting, toss in a screenshot or two on your opening post so people can see what you are offering. Sometimes seeing what an extension does visually increases the likelihood that people will enthusiastically grab it for use. :)

Daso
November 6th, 2020, 00:50
Good idea! added a screenshot. (not sure how to embed the image though)

The buttons get cropped a little, I wasn't sure how to fix that though. They're functional though!

Dark Mullisha
March 7th, 2021, 21:35
Very nice.

lostsanityreturned
March 11th, 2021, 06:16
Good inclusion, I kept telling myself that I would do this. But as a GM I have them bound to my mouse as buttons anyway.

Certainly something that is worth being default in the ruleset though imo.

Dark Mullisha
March 15th, 2021, 01:24
Had this running over the weekend in two sessions and the players and I loved it, great addition.

Weissrolf
March 16th, 2021, 17:02
Very useful, because using F-key shortcuts gives no visual feedback on whether a modifier is enabled or not. I would like to move these to a different place without having to move the default modifier box, though.

Farnaby
December 18th, 2021, 20:04
Due to latest FGU update your extension doesn't work anymore :sadface:

I get the following error when pressing each button: Script execution error: [string"DEF_LCOVER"]:3: attempt to cal field 'onValueChanged' (a nil value)
So, also DEF_GCOVER, HIDDEN, etc.

EmptyOwl
December 23rd, 2021, 06:45
Amazing extension but sadly broken ATM :-( Is the original author still around and/or updating this? Such a good idea that we use often!

Mysteran
January 5th, 2022, 19:53
Not the original author, but I've updated the extension to work with the changes to the ruleset. File is attached. Let me know if you run into any issues as I don't really use Daso's extension much.

I used Daso's extension as a base to build my own customized versions with smaller buttons moved to the left of the dice tray. Attached those as well in case anyone is interested.

PF2E Modifiers Desktop Buttons.ext - Daso's extension updated to work with the ruleset changes.

Myst - PF2E Desktop Modifiers.ext - My base extension with smaller buttons moved to the left of the dice tray.
Myst - PF2E Desktop Modifiers - Dark.ext - Same as the above, but buttons recolored to work with the base dark theme that I use more often.

EmptyOwl
January 5th, 2022, 20:16
Wow! Thanks so much! Have some rep! I'll try your version as it seems it'll have support going forward, but kudos for taking the time to make the unsupported version compatible.

Farnaby
January 5th, 2022, 20:29
Great job, thanks.
I was wanting to look at it in the next 2 weeks but you've saved me quite some time.

vonBlashyrkh
January 11th, 2022, 09:20
You are a saint, my group and I have been missing these immensely.

Milke
February 26th, 2023, 06:48
I'm just now seeing this post a year later. I have not been able to use my desktop modifier buttons because they were broken. And I just now see you fixed them. Yesssssss! Such a quality of life upgrade.
The only thing that would make this extension better is if it also had the critical and half damage buttons.
Great work!

Mysteran
June 20th, 2023, 21:55
I'm not very active on the forums so I just saw your message as I came here to post... funny you should ask about that.

At the request of my gaming group I added Critical and Half Damage buttons to my versions of the extension.

Also at the request of my group the Dark Theme version now has a light colored ring around the button when pressed to give a better visual indicator the button is pressed down. The two shades of grey were a bit difficult to tell apart at times.

Screenshots of the Dark Mode version

No buttons pressed:

Crit button pressed:

Farnaby
June 21st, 2023, 16:33
Neat, thanks for sharing.

Mysteran
November 16th, 2023, 01:54
Since the "Legacy" PFRPG2 ruleset name got changed, needed to go through and update the extensions to support both the PFRPG2 and PFRPG2-Legacy rulesets. Updates for those are attached.

webdove
February 3rd, 2024, 19:20
I had missed this when switching from 5E to PF2. Thanks very much for your help.