View Full Version : LFP: Traveller, Spinward Marches

Boldtaar
November 5th, 2020, 16:55
FG License: Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) Ultimate
Game System: Mongoose Traveller 2e

Time Zone: CET (UTC +1)
Day of week and time: Sundays, 18:00
Start date: Session 1 start Nov. 15th.
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly. 4 to 6 hours.
Term: Long term keep playing for a while.

Text or Voice: Voice. Might rollplay some things in between session with text.
Voice software used: Fantasy Grounds Discord.
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? NO
Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40
Player Experience Level: Beginner to Experienced. No problem if you new to Traveller, just don't expect it to be a DnD dungeon crawler in space. I expect my players to flesh out their characters and to emerge them self in the setting.
Mature Content (18+): Yes
Number of Players in game & needed: 3 to 6 players
Character restrictions: Human, Vargr (open for exceptions if you can give me a good argument).

Details of your scenario: Spinward Marches in the year 1105 Imperial
Start with some Spinward Marches adventure modules with homebrewed modifications and then it will be sandbox style with some classic adventures dropping in.

The Spinward Marches lie on the edge of Imperial space, and area that borders rival interstellar governments that directly oppose any further expansion. Far from the major centres of power the local rulers have more practical power than the Emperor himself. It is here that bands of daring individuals can take advantage of the hostile factions in order to carve out a fortune for themselves. The Spinward Marches offer untold adventure for those willing to seek it out.

Use the calendar URL to sign-up and find connecting info
Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=5591

Spacecookie
November 5th, 2020, 21:09
Hi, I would be interested, but I haven't played traveller since a single session in 1986ish. I also have no mic atm. I'm in SW UK.

I was going to investigate traveller to try it out again, but then some of the players seem very 'up-tight' about it, and I couldn't get a straight answer about it's mechanics. So I have no idea what it's like today, though I hope it still has a more serious sci-fi feel to it. :)

Aster
November 5th, 2020, 23:24
I would love to play. I have been watching some youtube vids on the 2nd edition. Count me in if there is room.

meickamoab
November 6th, 2020, 00:29
I would be interested in playing.

esmdev
November 6th, 2020, 04:30
Hi, I would be interested, but I haven't played traveller since a single session in 1986ish. I also have no mic atm. I'm in SW UK.

I was going to investigate traveller to try it out again, but then some of the players seem very 'up-tight' about it, and I couldn't get a straight answer about it's mechanics. So I have no idea what it's like today, though I hope it still has a more serious sci-fi feel to it. :)

The current version of Mongoose Traveller (MGT2) and the Third Imperium are rooted in the original Classic Traveller. While the rules have been updated over the decades the premise and core technologies have remained consistent. So as not to clutter this thread, if you have Traveller related questions feel free to post in the Traveller section of this forum, we try not to be up-tight. :)

Boldtaar
November 6th, 2020, 16:10
Nice to some people joining up. Please use the calendar URL to sign-up.

Spacecookie get a headset and connect it to your PC

Spacecookie
November 6th, 2020, 20:36
I have one but it doesn't work with this computer.

I signed up using the calendar linky.

Mikenelson28
November 6th, 2020, 23:28
Haven't ever played but would be interested in giving it a shot

Boldtaar
November 7th, 2020, 13:40
Connecting info in under GM Announcements in the Game calendar

Spacecookie
November 7th, 2020, 17:14
I just realised you're using FGU. I have Normal FG.

And you haven't provided us with a discord invite link. It can't find whatever Game channel 9 is supposed to mean as a connection.

GunnarGreybeard
November 7th, 2020, 18:58
And you haven't provided us with a discord invite link. It can't find whatever Game channel 9 is supposed to mean as a connection.

I believe he means "Game channel 9" on the Fantasy Grounds Discord server.

Spacecookie
November 7th, 2020, 20:13
I tried joining eventually, after not being able to find fantasy grounds with a general search on discord, and I get no sound, that is I can't hear any one of you, though I see your icons blinking, which means you're talking I assume? I can't type in the room either. I can't join you it seems.

Boldtaar
November 7th, 2020, 20:42
"Voice software used: Fantasy Grounds Discord." and if you looked in the calender under GM Announcements Connecting info there was a link to the discord (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/Discord.php) and connecting info for the FGU campaign.
Try restarting discord if you switch audio input/output that usually fix the problem for me. I use the webbrowser and not the app. Think the app might have separate audio settings that you might need to check.

Anyways we moved the next game to sunday's 15th because this suited the outer players best.

Spacecookie
November 7th, 2020, 21:06
Yes, that's what I used to get there. That's why I showed up twice, trying to chat at all. I left and came back but I still didn't hear you. I don't use the app either.

stryger1
November 25th, 2020, 21:46
Looks like I am arriving late to the party. I started gaming back in the 1980's so I have plenty of experience with in person gaming. I am brand new to online gaming but a GM I had used Fantasy Grounds for his in person D&D setting. I am also new to Traveller but have been reading up on it. If there is still room at the table or room opens up I would be interested.

Chaos Prince
December 1st, 2020, 17:24
Hi I am also interested in joining the fun, experienced player familiar with Mongoose Traveller 2nd Ed. have the Core Book plus others.