PDA

View Full Version : Players seeking [paid] DM for every other Tuesday evening 5E group

sonicfil
November 5th, 2020, 02:34
*EDIT* - We have found a DM. Thank you to everyone that contacted me!

We are a group of three friends hoping to find a DM willing to run a 5E campaign for us every other Tuesday evening from 7 to 10ish central time. We have a 4th friend that would like to join us in the spring once he returns from a military deployment. We would prefer to each pay a little extra individually to fairly compensate a DM for running a smaller group rather than pick up more players. The exact fee is open to negotiation within the range of what I’ve been seeing suggested on these boards.

We are gamers in our 40’s who have played D&D together since the red box days, although we have been on hiatus for several years due to having busy lives and living apart. While investigating ways to play remotely we discovered Fantasy Grounds and this forum. We are one of those groups in which everyone enjoys playing more than DM’ing and so have been rotating the DM’ing responsibility between us over the years. Reaching out to a paid DM seemed like a great way for us to make a new friend and all get to play on the same side of the screen simultaneously for once.

While we are experienced D&D players in general, we are relatively new to 5E and completely new to Fantasy Grounds so we need someone willing to work with us to get up to speed. We like to joke around and have fun; we are easy-going and don’t take ourselves too seriously. We usually prefer a mix of combat and roleplaying. The published modules tend to support our playstyle fairly well so we were hoping to start with one of those while everyone got to know each other. We understand that could possibly entail the addition of an NPC to the group or adjusting the modules slightly as they seem to be written for 4-5 players.

If everyone is having a good time we would love for this to be a long term arrangement. Please feel free to reach out with any questions. I'm sorry if the tone of this seemed like a creepy singles ad ;)