PDA

View Full Version : L4p - Pirates of the Caribbean meets Firefly in a biomechanical universe!

TheSir83
November 4th, 2020, 20:07
Hello everyone,

I hope you all are staying safe and doing well.

I want to set up a series of sessions/campaigns set in my homebrew universe. I am a game designer looking to flesh out the lore and the game system while having a good time doing it. If anyone wants to jump in, that would be wonderful. If anyone wants to stream, I am setting up a channel for that too.

Here some stats and setup things:
FG License: I have Ultimate Game License so you just need the basic user license.
Game System: D6 Space + Adventures (at first)

Time Zone: CST - but I don’t have a job so I can run anytime
Day of week and time: Pretty open on weekdays - 8 am to 5 pm start time, except Thursday 6 pm to 8 pm. No weekends.
If a new game, planned start date: 1st session around 11/30
Planned Duration & Frequency: Willing to do either once a week or bi-weekly.
Term: Short term (a couple of months) but I will not say no to keeping things going if the stars align.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? I want to but it’s not required

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in-game & needed: 5 players max
Character starting level & equipment: Just the standard starting equipment
Character restrictions: no magic - physic good.

Details of your scenario:
Pirates of the Caribbean meets Firefly in a biomechanical universe!

My notorious campaign setting is a space opera set in a biomechanical universe where you are let loose with a crew aboard a space leviathan bioships, known as Kraaken, to explore the universe and seek your fortunes. You will be able to equip yourself with swords, flintlock style guns, and even graft Kraaken parts to your body to improve your abilities. Players can use physic abilities as well, but they are rare. Culturally speaking, I am pulling from the golden age of piracy to form the political and social structures of my universe. Other inspirations include Firefly, One Piece, and Pirates of the Caribbean.

A couple of scenarios I am working on:

The party is heading to the Atlas space station to begin a new life in the Outer Reaches, only to find more trouble than they are looking for among the regions' forgotten worlds.
The party members are working for a noble of the Iron Square Confederacy as deniable assets and are thrown into the fire when they are assigned to cross the Badlands sector with an unlikely fugitive, the noble’s son.
Reputation is everything. By working as a Corsair with the Serene Republic could guarantee their fortunes, if they live that is.

Let me know if have any questions or want to join.

MrBigglesworth
November 5th, 2020, 01:04
Super interested in this. Looking at rulebooks, always been a fan of gurps and d6 systems.

I’m available tues-third evenings after 6:30pm cst. My preference though would be Wednesday.

Sorry misread didn’t realize looking for daytime game. If you looking for evening count me interested.

TheSir83
November 5th, 2020, 06:44
Awesome! Thank you for your interest!

I have to compose some docs for you. I should have them ready by tomorrow pending IRL stuff.

In the mean time jump into the Discord Server here: https://discord.gg/ZjPgM7pmjN

Feel free to ask questions and stuff.

Mourngrimm
November 5th, 2020, 14:19
If you end up doing a weekday morning game please let me know. I'm available Mon - Thurs 8 am to 12:30.

TheSir83
November 5th, 2020, 16:02
Sorry misread didn’t realize looking for daytime game. If you looking for evening count me interested.

I am going to be having games start at 6pm but could last until 9 pm or 10 pm cst, if that helps. I might do late night as well but we will see if interest will be there for that.

TheSir83
November 5th, 2020, 16:04
If you end up doing a weekday morning game please let me know. I'm available Mon - Thurs 8 am to 12:30.

I will for sure! Just need more people to ask for it.

Aster
November 6th, 2020, 00:34
I am interested in playing. I can do the 6pm start times and I am open any night of the week. I enjoy making interesting characters with a unique flaw or quirk.

meickamoab
November 6th, 2020, 00:35
I would love to play, big fan of Firefly. I am available to play anytime. Thank you.

TheSir83
November 6th, 2020, 04:56
I am interested in playing. I can do the 6pm start times and I am open any night of the week. I enjoy making interesting characters with a unique flaw or quirk.

I would love to play, big fan of Firefly. I am available to play anytime. Thank you.

Awesome! Glad to hear. Here is the Discord channel. Hop on and once I get the info all together I will fill you guys in there. https://discord.gg/ZjPgM7pmjN

TheSir83
November 9th, 2020, 15:45
I have one group forming for Wednesday at 630 pm. if anyone wants to form another group, please let me know.