PDA

View Full Version : Updater Update Broke the Update Status

RevenantBob
November 4th, 2020, 14:36
After the updater updated itself towards the end of october, the update status is always red after update, as thought new updates are available. Of course there aren't any.

Note, I -am- on test data because of Starfinder changes.

LordEntrails
November 4th, 2020, 16:18
I believe this is expected behavior (currently) for the Test channel. I can't find it, but think I remember Moon saying that recently in another thread.

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2020, 17:36
Yes, we are testing a new build in the Test channel for the updater; and there's an issue with the Check for Updates button highlight triggering that we will fix before release.

Regards,
JPG

RevenantBob
November 6th, 2020, 08:35
Ahhh! Okay, thanks for the notice. I don't mind testing things cutting edge, I just wanted to make sure people were aware. Maybe a sub forum for test branch could help sort and find already reported issues.

LordEntrails
November 6th, 2020, 15:47
Ahhh! Okay, thanks for the notice. I don't mind testing things cutting edge, I just wanted to make sure people were aware. Maybe a sub forum for test branch could help sort and find already reported issues.
The Laboratory https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?55-The-Laboratory
Is the forum for discussing the test branch. This WAS (before yesterday) for FGC and this thread was for FGU, but with the release of FGU I suspect the Lab is now the place to discuss issue with either Test channel build. I suspect if I'm wrong Moon or one of the other devs will correct me :)

Moon Wizard
November 6th, 2020, 17:17
Everything for FGU will be in Live right now. We'll use the Laboratory and the Test channel later for pushing updates as they are worked on. Since FGU uses different data folders for each channel (unlike FGC), just make sure you copy the campaign folders over if you switch channels.

Regards,
JPG