PDA

View Full Version : Add Runes

Frodie
November 3rd, 2020, 13:38
Ok, I looked around and can't seem to find an easy answer. How do I add runes to items. I am trying to make a +2 striking Greataxe and I just can't figure it out or is there a supplement I can buy with it already made up in.

Trenloe
November 3rd, 2020, 14:53
See PF2 Items -> Weapons in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/338919425/PFRPG2+Items#Weapons

See the "Properties" section for adding striking and the "Weapon +X potency rune" for adding the +2.

lostsanityreturned
November 5th, 2020, 15:08
Be aware that the bonus field doesn't count as an item bonus so you need to be careful with what actually stacks.

ShadeRaven
November 5th, 2020, 15:41
Be aware that the bonus field doesn't count as an item bonus so you need to be careful with what actually stacks.
Interesting. I hadn't really thought of that, and if true, I wonder if that should be accounted for.

Trenloe
November 5th, 2020, 15:56
When I first started designing the ruleset the philosophy was that most entries would have what is basically an untyped modifier field to allow for fine tuning of numerical totals. And the original code used the weapon "bonus" field for magical weapons, which is untyped.

I've logged this issue as RS2.110.