PDA

View Full Version : Party Sheet group roll?

Boldtaar
November 2nd, 2020, 16:00
Is it possible to do a group roll (for example Recon) for everyone at once using the Party Sheet?

Sylvesr
November 3rd, 2020, 00:55
Is it possible to do a group roll (for example Recon) for everyone at once using the Party Sheet?

Oh...shiny. Good question.

MadBeardMan
November 4th, 2020, 13:08

Yes, the party sheet could be expanded to have full team rolls. If you want this and other ideas then let me know.

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
November 4th, 2020, 15:20
yes team rolls would be a great way to handle recon rolls and such

MadBeardMan
November 4th, 2020, 16:02
yes team rolls would be a great way to handle recon rolls and such

Then list away which skills you think you'd want to roll as a team.

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
November 4th, 2020, 18:52
the only two i can think of off the top of my head are:

Recon
Stealth

Xargun
November 4th, 2020, 19:00
Also depends on how it works, but maybe make the roll respect the GM's option of hiding their rolls or not. That way you can do rolls without them knowing what you are rolling.

Xargun

LordNanoc
November 5th, 2020, 13:18
Like "Roll for each of the party as a single roll" or like "roll as a task-chain as per rulebook"?

Boldtaar
November 5th, 2020, 18:12
All characteristics, endurance, education e.c.t

Like "Roll for each of the party as a single roll" or like "roll as a task-chain as per rulebook"?

Roll for each

esmdev
November 5th, 2020, 18:20
To many skills and characteristics in the party sheet would take up an elf-ton of space. Maybe a different option would be to add a party roll box down at the bottom with difficulties and modifiers, the player clicks party roll and then a skill on their character sheet and FG rolls for each character against the set difficulty? Seems like a cleaner solution to me, but maybe more difficult from a programming perspective.

Sylvesr
November 6th, 2020, 00:40
To many skills and characteristics in the party sheet would take up an elf-ton of space. Maybe a different option would be to add a party roll box down at the bottom with difficulties and modifiers, the player clicks party roll and then a skill on their character sheet and FG rolls for each character against the set difficulty? Seems like a cleaner solution to me, but maybe more difficult from a programming perspective.

This sounds like a fine solution...if programable. But if it can be coded, MBM is the man to do it.

MadBeardMan
November 8th, 2020, 15:56
Hi All,

I looked into the 5E ruleset and how they do it.

On the Party Sheet they have a Skill with a drop down, so you can select any skill. For simplicity I think I can copy that. The desktop mods would be used (so Boon/Bane etc) and it would check against the current Difficulty Number.

How's this sound?

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
November 8th, 2020, 16:09
Hi All,

On the Party Sheet they have a Skill with a drop down, so you can select any skill. For simplicity I think I can copy that. The desktop mods would be used (so Boon/Bane etc) and it would check against the current Difficulty Number.

How's this sound?

Cheers,
MBM

Sounds great to me.

Xargun

esmdev
November 9th, 2020, 00:36
Hi All,

How's this sound?

Cheers,
MBM

Will the drop-down list come from the character sheet or the skill list? The reason I ask is in the event the campaign uses extra skills that are not in the core rules.

MadBeardMan
November 9th, 2020, 00:59
Will the drop-down list come from the character sheet or the skill list? The reason I ask is in the event the campaign uses extra skills that are not in the core rules.

Hi Chap,

It will include all the Skills in the Skills Window I think. I'll look into it later this week, finishing up Alien Vol 1 here, then back to the 1.1.6 and the SCT.

Off to bed, in work in 8 hours.

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
November 9th, 2020, 16:05
awesome!

esmdev
November 9th, 2020, 18:07
Hi Chap,

It will include all the Skills in the Skills Window I think. I'll look into it later this week, finishing up Alien Vol 1 here, then back to the 1.1.6 and the SCT.

Off to bed, in work in 8 hours.

Cheers,
MBM

Awesomeness