PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to add a map over a map in FGC?

christophe
November 1st, 2020, 11:26
Is it possible to "replace" a map by another or put a map over another while still keeping all the prepared information?

For example, in the official Dungeon of the Mad Mage module, is there a way to replace the official maps by fan-made maps with better looking without loosing all the data associated to the official map (i.e. the "pinned" encounters, etc)?

In roll 20, it's possible to load an image/map over another image/map but I haven't found a way to do that with FGC.

The idea would be to replace (or cover) this:

by this:

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2020, 16:42
No, FGC only allows a single image per map.

One of the improvements added in FGU is the ability to have multiple layers on maps.

Regards,
JPG

christophe
November 1st, 2020, 19:19
Thank you for the feedback.

Doing some research on the forum I found an extension that allows multiple layers on the map (Enhanced Images for CoreRPG): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-%28layers%29-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-%28and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG%29

Would that help so solve my issue or is this dedicated to adding small sprites over a map only?

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2020, 20:13
Sort of, but those extensions assume that the layers are going to be used for specific things. Like Player tokens and extras. Read up on them and see if they will work well enough for what you want to do.