PDA

View Full Version : Ziggurat Con - the most important con you won't attend this year.

Snikle
May 13th, 2007, 20:28
I recently found out about a convention being held by some of my fellow soldiers deployed to Iraq, learn more about it here:
https://www.gamegrene.com/node/790

I hope you will join me in supporting this convention, our thoughts on the war might be varied and even opposing, but I think we can all come together to help support fellow gamers in harms way. I am sure even a single pack of dice would be comforting to them, so please take a moment and think of supporting them.

Mellock
May 13th, 2007, 20:45
Huh, never thought I'd do this, but a spare pack of chessex dice and an oversize d20 are on their way to...

SPC David Amberson
A Co 86th Sig Bn
APO, AE 09331
IRAK (IRAQ)

Also:
Submitted by K7AAY on Wed, 2007-04-25 04:28.
MREs: Meals Rejected by Elves?

Damn, that one was good.

Blue Haven
May 13th, 2007, 20:59
I used to talk and even try to play D&D with a guy named Joshua that is in IraQ but there was some problem with their server and i lost contact with him...i hope he is ok :(

Snikle
May 14th, 2007, 00:05
Yeah I have a friend I met while stationed in Korea that is there now, we talk once a week or so, but if I don't see him for a while, I start to get worried that something has happened.
It is quite surreal to be talking to him via IM and he states he has to get his gear on as mortars are flying overhead......

Sir Bayard
May 14th, 2007, 17:17
Definitly going to try and help out with this. Us military gotta help those other military trying to get their Game on. heh heh. While I hope not to deploy anytime soon, maybe if I do in the future there will still be hope for gaming. :)

Just gotta wait until the 15th to get paid. lol