PDA

View Full Version : At a hotel long term need help with Port Forwarding VPN

dellanx
October 31st, 2020, 02:54
Hi guys and galls,

Apparently I have a public IP, and the tech support at the Hotel I am staying at, do not know what they are doing, or what I am asking for is impossible.

What I need to know is there a VPN provider that is simple to use for a first time VPN user and trust worthy.

i am a bit spooked now that someone tried to heck my pc just after I got to this hotel.

looking for safe suggestions.

p.s. game tomorrow

Zacchaeus
October 31st, 2020, 10:09
These are the ones known to work https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43607-Port-Forward-Alternatives

damned
October 31st, 2020, 13:10
Turn your windows firewall on and use FGU instead.

dellanx
November 1st, 2020, 05:37
Turn your windows firewall on and use FGU instead.

Wow much improved! Also token lock awesome!

ricardos
December 4th, 2020, 13:17
Can i connect through the other countries VPN server in free mode???

Trenloe
December 4th, 2020, 13:26
Can i connect through the other countries VPN server in free mode???
I'm suspending this account because your IP address is from Ukraine and you've just edited an older post to add a link to a VPN. And your posts have been really vague and not really about FG. All very suspicious... But as you've been around for a while, there's a chance that you're a valid FG user, so I'm just going to suspend your account.

If you're a valid FG user and would like your account re-enabled, please email [email protected] and reference this post.

damned
December 4th, 2020, 13:53
There is about 0% chance that they are not a spammer. Email address and IP address are both linked to plenty of recent spam.