PDA

View Full Version : Conan 2D20: Improvement Opportunities

ShotGun Jolly
October 30th, 2020, 19:15
We all know that this ruleset is still in an early stage of its life. So I would like to make a thread that can be stickied that we can use to discuss or mention ideas of ruleset improvements (not bugs). I feel a lot of the things the users of this ruleset are finding, myself included are more improvement suggestions then bugs. And I do not want to fill up this forum with a pile of separate threads with what looks like big pile of issues. Plus, I think it will be easier for the developers to be able to track these points easier.

So with that in mind..

Here is the first point.

I think it would be beneficial for users to be able to roll for shield soak or morale soak with a button that is built into the combat portion of the character sheets. Now, a simple work around is adding it as a weapon, removing the type, so it does not add any bonuses. (This can be done for both cover or morale) But its not elegant, as its still reported as damage in the chat window.

What I was thinking, would be to utilize the area up where the Courage soak is kept, and add a roller that says soak dice.. you can can change that amount to what ever you need, and use it for armor soak or Morale soak. Or, you can add two separate rollers.. one in the courage section and one in the armor section.

This way, you can have it in the chat window being reported as User rolls to soak and gets "X" or how ever you think is best.

As usual, screen shot has been added.

ShotGun Jolly
November 1st, 2020, 06:11
During the game stream tonight, we discussed the desire for the players to be able to "ADD" dice to the doom pool as they buy dice or for other spends. This takes the pressure of the GM to be constantly clicking on that doom icon when ever the players say they are buying extra dice, etc.

Also, the doom counter only goes to 20, and then stays at a very ambiguous "20+" when you are higher then 20. For enjoyment of the game, players like seeing the actual number.. not some.. ball park figure. But yeah.. why stop the counter at all??

Valyar
November 1st, 2020, 06:42
During the game stream tonight, we discussed the desire for the players to be able to "ADD" dice to the doom pool as they buy dice or for other spends. This takes the pressure of the GM to be constantly clicking on that doom icon when ever the players say they are buying extra dice, etc.

Also, the doom counter only goes to 20, and then stays at a very ambiguous "20+" when you are higher then 20. For enjoyment of the game, players like seeing the actual number.. not some.. ball park figure. But yeah.. why stop the counter at all??

I presume the counter implementation is based on the SW EoE code, which is using images for each state. So they have probably 22 .png files and this is the limit. What they CAN implement is /slash handler for GM and players to query the total Doom pool and put this as hotkey on their shortcut bars.

ShotGun Jolly
November 3rd, 2020, 19:15
I was going to list this in the bug thread, but after much thought.. its not a bug. But it is something that needs to get fixed as the ruleset does not work as per the rules of the actual book.
It does however, tie in to the multitude of issues that is the CT.

The max dice, that can be rolled at any one time is 5, when this comes to mobs... this is not the case. A mob, rolls 1D20 per member. It can also add dice as per the rules up to 3 additional D20s, based on momentum spends or additional bonus dice. So a mob can realistically roll 8D20 on a single roll.

ShotGun Jolly
November 6th, 2020, 18:49
As a quality of life suggestion,

Can it be made default to add Steely Glare to the combat section of the character sheet automatically?

ShotGun Jolly
November 7th, 2020, 17:07
I am 100% for this ... check boxes are vital. MoreCore has it too.

Vampire the Masquerade rule set on Unity has two features that would be nice for Conan. They have a simple checkbox in the combat tracker to keep track of who has acted, and second there is a feature where you can reroll dice using Willpower, but when you click on the button to do that your roll appears in a pop up box allowing you to select the dice to reroll. Once that's done the total roll appears in the chat window.
I don't know if looking at one ruleset can help with a different one, if not I apologize.

ShotGun Jolly
November 8th, 2020, 16:15
In the last few games, this concern was brought up by new players to the FG rule set.

When Weapon dice are rolled, the chat window result should also report what effects the weapon has. It will speed up the whole process, and help to trigger memory queues when tabulating results.

For Example,
Conan rolls damage for Knife
Total: 8
Effects: 2
Hidden, UnForgiving, Piercing

I will suggest it again, that players should Also have the ability to add Doom to the doom pile, to relieve the pressure off the GM.

The other suggestion, which was discussed during our stream was to The need for the addition of a Individual Combat Die to the desktop, which when rolled brings up the CD results, and when right clicked and dragged to the chat window, can roll multiple CD. This would be very useful when rerolling damage results due to talents and momentum spends.

Valyar
November 15th, 2020, 08:36
Another VERY EASY improvement that I hope will be put int he next release, as it is super fast and easy fix:

- Add Filters & Dynamic lists to Items, Talents & Foes libraries. The more I use FG the more I am convinced that Groups are not always enough.

- Add Hit Die as custom dice to the D20. This was feature of the community ruleset that everyone liked

ShotGun Jolly
November 24th, 2020, 02:10
I think that on the talent list, it would be a nice feature to have a frame that tells you the number of ranks you have and what skill it is associated with. Several talents say, that you get (X) options depending on how many of X talents you have belonging to a skill. So, if I can look at the list and say.. I have 3 melee talents at a glance, that would be nice.

Now, I am aware you can always just write the rank in the title, but thats just a lazy way. This, would really make it zing and make sure everyone has the same way of doing it.

ShotGun Jolly
November 24th, 2020, 03:06
I have another really good suggestion, this time to the NPC stat card.

Can you have it, so we can have the little bonus numbers that we can mousewheel up and down to adjust? this allows us to see at a glance that is has a Unnatural Bonus to that particular attribute.

This would be a nice feature 2 reasons..

Number 1 - It would look sharp and be similar to how the actual rules look in the Conan PDFs

Number 2 - For future automation, this number can be used to tally the automatic successes that is gives to any roll that uses that particular stat..

That would be nice!

Also, do not forget to add the the total weight of the items to the inventory sheet please. That is important.

Valyar
November 24th, 2020, 07:16
Good suggestion, I vote for such improvement. Symbaroum has it and there we have red and green indicators whether the bonus is negative or positive.
Screenshot attached.

ShotGun Jolly
January 9th, 2021, 06:30
Hey,

Statik, do you have the ability to add back into the Conan Ruleset, the party sheet and marching order feature which comes standard with FGC and FGU? I am a strong believer that no matter what ruleset is being developed, core features which come with this program should not be removed.

Personally, I think this is a great feature, makes GMing any game a little bit easier to manage. Can you investigate this possibility please?

Valyar
January 10th, 2021, 17:00
I fully support this request. The code has just to be re-added, no need to do anything else.

statik37
January 18th, 2021, 21:45
Hey,

Statik, do you have the ability to add back into the Conan Ruleset, the party sheet and marching order feature which comes standard with FGC and FGU? I am a strong believer that no matter what ruleset is being developed, core features which come with this program should not be removed.

Personally, I think this is a great feature, makes GMing any game a little bit easier to manage. Can you investigate this possibility please?

Yeah, let me talk to the group, and see what we can do. I think we shut it off, because in Conan, the party sheet is not as usable, but the other features could be.

statik37
January 22nd, 2021, 17:06
Deleting a second response that I didn't mean to make.

ShotGun Jolly
January 23rd, 2021, 05:58
Yeah, let me talk to the group, and see what we can do. I think we shut it off, because in Conan, the party sheet is not as usable, but the other features could be.

The party sheet and associated tabs are very useable. Parcels, items, gold and item transfers between players to name a few. Anyone who plays conan will see this as a boon, and not something to be turned off.

Trenloe
January 23rd, 2021, 10:02
The party sheet and associated tabs are very useable. Parcels, items, gold and item transfers between players to name a few. Anyone who plays conan will see this as a boon, and not something to be turned off.
I second this!